• 2240 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4819 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Kit selectors in Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by NoHacksJustGavin, Dec 2, 2019.

?

Should there be kit selectors in every Cake Wars map?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. Ok, I have put a two-switch limit to make it even more fair.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 7, 2019
  2. Why do you want this idea? Is it so that if people chose the wrong kit, they can pick the right one? If so, then have it so during the time at the start of the game, before anyone can move, you can click the announcement in chat. After clicking, you are able to change your kit, but when the game starts, you can't any more.

[NOTE] This might already be in Cake Wars already, but I'm not sure. If it's already in Cake Wars, then just ignore this part of my comment.

As far as I can tell, this is the only solution, depending on why you want to add this. If you want to add this so people who mis-clicked can pick the right kit, then there's your solution. If that's not why you want this, then why do you want this?

You can't have the ability to change kits in-game, because of the numerous reasons that have been given by other people before me. I don't see any way around those problems, if you want to change the kit mid-game.

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  3. Hey!

Honestly, I don't see why something like this should be implemented. We can already pick a kit before the game starts, and it would be necessary to make it possible to select a kit after the game has started. In every game on Mineplex you'll pick a kit before the game is running, and if we change this on Cakewars, it would just confuse a lot of players and it wouldn't look good.

I can see that players who selected the wrong kit can have use for this feature, but it's a good reason for adding a whole kit system when the game is running. Kit selectors belong to a lobby, not a game.

I'll give this a -1

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  4. Well yes it is so that players can select the right kit that they want if they accidentally clicked the wrong one. It's also because you can respawn in cake wars.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 7, 2019
  5. Hi!
    As a CW addict I really like the suggestion however, I simply just don't believe this would work out. I truly think this would be fun to use because the build kit could be good for building to the middle/bases/beacons and then you could switch to snowball for PVP. However, I truly believe too many people will abuse this feature because it is a little too much power for some. They could constantly be switching kits in a battle to have the advantage over another player and that really isn't fair. I like @BlackConfig suggestion about having a limit to how many switches a player can get in a game and if this were to be put in place, I wouldn't mind at all! +0.5

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  6. The limit is already two switches, and there is already a cooldown to switch.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 7, 2019