• 788 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9226 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Known Block Hunt flaws (Bedrock)

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by XM1AM10, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Broken map: Cookie Town, Hunter Spawn: Almost all hunters will spawn outside of the barrier.
    Broken Map: Pirate Island, Hunter Spawn: Spawn is completely unreachable, even with a leaper hunter kit.
    Broken Map: Desert Village, Hunter Spawn: Spawn is completely unreachable, unless with a Leaper Hunter kit.
    Broken Map: Treasure Caviron, Hunter Spawn: Spawn is completely unreachable, unless with a Leaper Hunter kit.
    Broken map: Museum, Hider Spawn - The tree can be exploited, if used correctly, will dictate who wins the game.
    Universal Flaw: Many maps are too big, and grant the hiders an unfair advantage.
    Universal Flaw: The matchmaker is very unbalanced, this is because the ability to choose teams are in the player hands.
    Universal Bug: When disguised as an animal, the visual animal is flipped about 25 Degrees.
    Universal Bug: When hiding as a block, sometimes a portion of the block sticks out.
    Universal Bug: While sprinting and traveling through slabs and onto full blocks, you risk phasing through and getting stuck.
    Universal Bug: When rapidly switching between hunter kits, you lose the ability to harness the TNT Hunter and Radar Hunter perks.

I don't care if your still in development. You've been "developing" this gamemode for over a year. Fix these flaws and then we can talk about new features.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    Nullfix likes this.
  2. You forgot to mention the map exploit in the back of cookie town. Just watch the back wall every round and you’ll see some chickens or pigs running up it.
    --- Post updated ---
    Simple fix to the museum tree: Just come with your throwing tnt and bomb the tree. Just be careful as if you miss, you may blow up the trunk.
    --- Post updated ---
    Maps aren’t all that big. They’re all quite balanced (except for Thames and Mirkwood)
    --- Post updated ---
    The animal glitch has been going on for 2 whole months now. It affects all of mineplex and I have zero clue as to when it will be fixed. It did come with the 1.12 update so hopefully by the 1.13 or whatever update, it’ll be fixed.
    --- Post updated ---
    The “double-block” glitch is easily fixable by just jumping on that block and centering yourself out as much as possible.
    --- Post updated ---
    Slab glitch has been in for as long as I can remember so I don’t know when it will be getting fixed. Just jump over them if you can :/
    --- Post updated ---
    Keep in mind that bedrock has 3 developers. 3 developers supporting a server that has over 10,000 players. Be patient. They will fix bugs

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  3. Thank you for the correction.

Oh, thank you. I will try that next time I get the chance.

Actually, now that I think of it, you are partially correct, as most of them are evenly sized. But I disagree with your statement of them being "balanced." (That Cookie Town wall exploit, the Hiders spawn tree in the Museum.)

Oh, huh.

Believe me, I am well aware of that, but about 75% of all hiders I have encountered are completely oblivious of that.

You have a fair point, but these bugs (or whatever they are) have been around for as long as the gamemode itself. Block hunt is the only relatively new gamemode that I know of, so if you have an explanation for what these devs have been doing all this time, that would be great.

Thank you for that information.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 21, 2019
  4. About the unreachable spawns: java has a /kill command where you can kill yourself to get to spawn. It’s quite useful and I would hope to see it on bedrock even though it will never come seeing as we still don’t have infestor x.x

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  5. Bedrock has 4 developers (One of them isn't registered on this website). Also Bedrock had 5 developers even when these bugs existed.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  6. I can definitely understand the frustration here, bedrock does have a few bugs, but our devs are hard working and effecient at what they do. The community members can aid the QA and dev team by submitting bug reports at mineplex.com/pebugs and a QA member will review the report. Part of the issues with bugs is there are several different platforms you can play the game on, computer, ios, android, x box, switch, and the game needs to be balanced on all of those platforms so bugs can exist in different forms on each of these devices.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  7. Confined is very broken. You can jump up the back wall and get in the trees behind an invisible wall. Worst one along with Cookie Town IMO.

Thames Square its very easy to get on the roof, or inside the back corner as animal hider.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  8. There are just so many exploits on bedrock. The best way to fix it would just be to add barriers and not let hiders be able to break or place blocks like on java
    --- Post updated ---
    Another known flaw is that you can get out early as a hunter on many maps (some easier than others). Some of the top leaderboard players (including myself) have used this glitch before. There’s a few who still use it excessively and just get out early every game. A simple fix to this is to have it that the fences “replace” (don’t know how to better word it) much quicker like on java.

Posted Sep 27, 2019