• 405 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4503 Players Online
  • 4098 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

LEAGUES

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by sqaghett, May 20, 2022.

1. Of course I like grinding for Mineplex leaderboards. I mean, I have over 2k wins in Microbattles. Its really fun and chill and can be competitive, but it feels like you need to dedicate a lot of time to it (which is great if thats what you want to do). However, its not really scratching that competitive itch for me. I wish that there was something kind of competitive outside of leaderboards, but I also don't want to mess with the nice vibe of grinding for leaderboards.

LEAGUES.

So basically, there will be 8-16 teams depending on how big the league is. every two weeks or something, 4 different teams will schedule to get together and play. Each team should have like 5/6 members that they alternate playing every two weeks. Since MB games are generally pretty quick, first team to 2 wins will win the match. Obviously, it would take too long for every team to fight every combination of enemies, so instead of gauntlet-style, we could have a double-elimination bracket.

^Just some ideas. We don't have to work out all the details in this thread. I can host a MB league if enough players want to join. Maybe someone else can host one for cakewars too. discuss!

Posted May 20, 2022,
    Last edited May 20, 2022
  2. Some higher up is gonna say something along the lines of: "We don't want to separate the player base"

Posted May 20, 2022
    sqaghett likes this.
  3. they couldn't really stop us if they wanted to anyways

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 20, 2022
  4. and this is in the wrong section lol

Posted May 21, 2022
  5. Smokey was gonna host an mb tournament last year and my team would've won cuz my team was op, but mineplex was having issues and most people were lagging so he postponed it and then forgot about it. Would be nice to see tournaments for a game other than cakewars though

Posted May 21, 2022,
    Last edited May 22, 2022
    sqaghett likes this.
  6. I definitely agree with you that more tournaments/leagues need to happen. I believe that it'll help the player base grow along with just giving players more to do on the server. I do think this would be a little hard to pull off on Bedrock compared to on Java, however if we could pull it off it would 100% be worth it. I agree that it would take too long for every team to face every team so maybe if we did pools of four teams and they played each other producing one winner per pool to go to a bracket. Anyway, great idea and hopefully it can happen at some point because I believe that it would add more competitive options for those who want it!

Posted May 22, 2022
    sqaghett likes this.