• 694 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4534 Players Online
  • 3840 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

(LETS TALK!) The Fall of Bridges... Will it ever come-back?

Discussion in 'The Bridges' started by SirSheeples, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Hello!

I feel like there are many contributing factors to the fall of bridges, it was very popular back in the day but I feel that the Bridges community transferred over to Cake Wars predominantly. The games were very long, and if you died it felt super frustrating unless you were a very skilled player who rarely dies early, but it takes time to get to be good at Bridges. Cake Wars is a much more forgiving game, and allows you to die but still remain in the game if your cake is still uneaten. I believe that since it is much more forgiving, and much faster in terms of pace, that people like Cake Wars more. Most people want to just hop into the fighting action, and in the Bridges you have to grind to get all of your materials in that 10 minute window with games lasting up to 50+ minutes. I feel like Cake Wars is just the superior game, and that game kind of resulted in the falling off of the Bridges.

The Bridges will definitely remain to be played in large events, however I do not think it will ever truly revive in the sense of being able to just que up in the lobby, but hey only time will tell :)

-n2l

Posted Nov 23, 2020
    SirSheeples likes this.
  2. Hey, these are interesting ideas but in my opinion, BR doesn't need "falling meteors" or special effects. Although yeah, I agree it's in need of an update, for which GI are planning currently. It'd be nice to keep the game more classic and original and not add a load of special effects because that's really not what any of the BR community want in terms of steps forward for the game. It requires 20 players to start, which means that at certain times in the day, like UHC, it won't start. Games quite often start in the evening, two nights ago there were 92 players on BR which was a pretty decent player count in my opinion - an update would attract more to the game I'm sure. Other games can be played in the meantime whilst BR games aren't starting, which is what a lot of the community currently do. Thanks for the ideas though :)

Posted Nov 23, 2020
    HCY, SirSheeples and Fusafez like this.
  3. They are interesting ideas, but I feel like they would probably be better off as a new game. Bridges players are more interested in just killing the other players. I'd love to see these special effects added, but to a new game instead of an existing game that is already on the server. Adding a tower with levels of (the special effects noted) would probs be a better path on this idea.

Posted Nov 23, 2020
    SirSheeples likes this.
  4. mp player count very low is y

Posted Nov 23, 2020
  5. I agree that new additions to Bridges could be crucial. Servers used to fill up in seconds, and now they can take nearly a half an hour to do so. I really do miss how lively this game mode was, and the community within it. New kits and maps could help, but I think it's best to try and keep Bridges like it was years ago...

Posted Nov 23, 2020
    SirSheeples likes this.
  6. i mean..the server in general kinda died lol. miss bridges

Posted Nov 24, 2020
  7. Biggest problem is the game's just filled with tryhards and people who crossteam to quickly kill the whole lobby within the first few minutes, so casual players don't want to keep playing, which causes less players in the overall game and it slowly dies.

Posted Dec 1, 2020
  8. All java games suffer from lack of updates syndrome.

Posted Dec 1, 2020
    SirSheeples likes this.
  9. I never liked playing bridges because it felt too competitive for me, and I also hate how the games last forever. There's also people that skybase which make the game horrible. Also I have horrible luck when it comes to collecting resources, I never find diamonds and never get enough iron.

Posted Dec 1, 2020
    SirSheeples likes this.
  10. bruh paladise is right lmao, if a bridges lobby does start, it'll usually have a party of players that are all in a vc ready to destroy the lobby. While yes, the party of players will be having fun, the rest of the lobby who spent 10 minutes gathering resources only to get immediately destroyed after will just quit the game lol, that's why bridges is dead.
    I almost NEVER play bridges unless I'm playing with a party of good people. Why? Because it isn't fun otherwise lol. I'm not going to waste my time mining for resources for 10 mins only to get destroyed by a party of sweats immediately after. Instead, I'm just going to never play bridges :)

Posted Dec 1, 2020
  11. bro wdym "avoid lobbies with large parties" literally all BR lobbies have large parties of lvl 80+ sweats LOL

Posted Dec 1, 2020
    SirSheeples likes this.
  12. This.
    I ain't bouta spend 10 mins mining, only to die to a party of lvl 80+ beserkers and then wait in spectate for 30 minutes because of sky campers. Its hella obvious why this game is dying, at least for me it is.

Posted Dec 1, 2020
    SirSheeples likes this.
  13. When you combine the sweat from the players and their closet and xray hacks it just stinks.

Posted Dec 2, 2020
    EpicEnderDragon1 and SirSheeples like this.
  14. Bridges used to be one of my favorite games. Sad to see it on a downspiral.

Posted Dec 2, 2020
    SirSheeples likes this.
  15. I agree, I think this game needs to have a bit more updates. It is old, and I'd love to see new features

Posted Jan 9, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  16. So I am going to be honest with you. I haven't played this game since like 2015, so I'm part of the reason there's a smaller playerbase. I wasn't great at the game in the first place and sweaty parties weren't even an issue back then. I just started to lose interest over time, and that's the reason the game loses popularity. Now it's worse because as people said before me, the best players are the ones that have spent years on the server and they also have a lot of friends that they are able to play with. That chases average players away who feel like they don't even have a chance, so the game becomes frustrating to them. So then all you have is the pros and everyone who dies instantly. It's probably gonna be hard to avoid this because this game doesn't have a lot of lobbies open due to lack of players. Can't get rid of good players, so the only way this problem is gonna be solved is if Mineplex can attract more players to the game for more lobbies to be available, thus creating more ways to avoid parties of color coded immortals with edater skins. But Mineplex has a low player count overall, so unless Mineplex as a whole starts to become more popular, I don't think the players on The Bridges is going to increase anytime soon.

Posted Jan 14, 2021
    SirSheeples likes this.