• 889 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9327 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Lobby Idea

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Dpro88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. So Mineplex should bring back games that don't get as much attention.(Sneaky assassins, Dragons, Wizards) These games are so underrated and Mineplex is basically keeping them tucked away. I think it would be a lot better if they put more of the games that are in mixed arcade out in the open. I know they would need to fins room but I think they can do it. This could make Mineplex even better.

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  2. In my opinion, I don't think every Mixed Arcade game should get their own NPC because everything will be too crowded. It is possible to make room but I don't think expanding the lobby size is the right way to go as things won't look very neat. And because most games in the Mixed Arcade category aren't played much, giving them their own npc won't really change much about the players they get

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  3. Hey mate,

I am not sure if you are aware, but all Mixed Arcade games are actually playable, either by going through the rotation or to the NPC and all of the singular games have their own lobbies there. I assume you are saying you would like to have each of these games as an NPC in the lobby. I see where you are coming from, and I have seen this idea discussed before, I am just not sure Mineplex will be adding a separate NPC for all of them.

As of now, lots of these games have low player counts, and this is because people generally prefer going through the rotation instead of waiting a while for one singular game of Runner to begin, for example. I feel as though if all of the games were opened like before as an NPC, they wouldn't gain enough players to begin, and this could also cause some of the Mixed Arcade players who play the rotation to join these other games, therefore making it hard for the rotation to start. I am not sure if this would definitely occur, it's just my prediction.

I think that it's good having 4 NPC's and slots in the compass for select Mixed Arcade games that are more popular, but I don't see a real purpose for adding separate NPC's for all of the games in the server. All these games are accessible via the Mixed Arcade NPC anyway, so if you and your friends really wanted to play a specific game, you'd be able to join it that way.

Anyway, I do somewhat like your idea, I just think it won't appear on Mineplex
    I'll give it a +0. I hope you understand where I am coming from, it's just my opinion, and I respect yours. Thanks for posting!

Posted Sep 16, 2019
    Heaty likes this.
  4. Hey! The games that were removed were most likely not played much by people, so it's best to remove them.

Posted Sep 16, 2019
    Heaty likes this.
  5. I am actually a fan of this idea. While I cannot predict what will exactly happen to the player count for these games, I think it is at least worth a try to see how it goes and making necessary adjustments after. Sometimes I feel like playing just one type of arcade game, and hopefully, others may feel the same about this suggestion. This will also make obtaining achievements for a certain game much more convenient than it is now. Also, I occasionally come across players asking whether a certain arcade game has been removed, and it is understandable why they are wondering as its NPC is nowhere to be found.

As for the situation about lobbies being more crowded with NPCs, I do not think this would be a major issue if we modify the lobby to something similar to the one in 2015. Back then, I believe all of the arcade NPCs were featured and had space for a lobby game as well. Although this could possibly put a slight strain on the build and development team, this may be a beneficial change. In the event that there are unpopular games that consistently receive zero players, it may be a good idea to take appropriate action for those NPCs. In the meantime, observing the effects of having a mob for each arcade game in terms on their player count may lead to promising outcomes.

Posted Sep 16, 2019
    Xukuri and Dpro88 like this.
  6. I can see your point and I do agree that it would give these games more exposure, but I don't think it's necessary at this point in time. Having a separate NPC for every game on Mineplex will take up way too much space and I don't think there is a need for it. You can still play the games and honestly, I don't think having a separate NPC will bring up the player count as much as you say it will. Also, Wizards is a removed game so it can only be played in an MPS. Overall, I'll give this a -1

Posted Sep 16, 2019
    Heaty likes this.
  7. I'd really wished if they're about to bring all NPC arcade back to the lobby. The only problem is that it'll clutter the space, and don't have enough room. You can still play the arcade minigames through the Mixed Arcade server. You can also right-click the compass and play the arcade games as well. We used to have all available NPC before way back, and joinable for all players.

I don't think it's necessary to bring back to the lobby. -1

Posted Sep 17, 2019
    Xukuri and Heaty like this.
  8. Aren't those two points a bit contradictory? If we used to have enough room for all NPCs, space isn't really an issue. Obviously, some adjustments would have to be made, but it's not unfeasible to put them all back in. There are quite a few potential issues with adding back all the NPCs but I don't think space is one of them.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
    Dpro88 likes this.
  9. Hi!
    Personally I don't think this idea needs to be implemented due to the fact that you can join certain arcade games inside of the compass menu. I also don't think it needs to be implanted due to the fact that most arcade games don't have enough of a player base to have it's own NPC in the lobby for. I feel like it would be a little bit of a waste of the developers time to put all NPC's in the lobby when some might only have 1-10 players in the games, especially like I said, there being another way to join the games.
    Overall I just feel like this idea would take too much time to implement with little to gain. I feel like the Lobby doesn't really need any more NPC's. However I could possibly see a suggestion to add on to your idea by having the Mixed Arcade NPC's rotate between games maybe every 1-2 weeks so every game would have it's own NPC at some point. Anyway thanks for the idea, however it's a -1 from me.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
  10. This idea has been suggested multiple times but unfortunately, we don't have any plans on implementing this. Would require more NPCs added to the lobby and the more we have, the more crowded and confusing it can be for players. You can still play the games in mixed arcade though so it's not like they're gone forever like other games (rip uhc ;-;)

Posted Sep 20, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  11. I don't think the games that don't have an NPC should have one. The reason why those NPC were taken away was that they weren't being filled often. It's a known fact that mineplex doesn't have the player base anymore to support many little games like the arcade games. Which is why adding them all to mixed arcade was a better idea. We should keep these games tucked away for now and hope for an increase in players so that these games can actually fill.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  12. You are actually wrong on this. People assume games from "Mixed Arcade" are removed and I have to remind people every time they are in fact not. Adding an NPC for every game would benefit and more players would likely play them.

It's a marketing point of view for websites it's like A/B testing. Companies change specific words around to get potential clients to see which one they would likely click on more just by seeing different text.

The same principle applies with no NPCs being in the lobby and forced to click elsewhere, however, players are NOT inclined to click on "Compass". If they see an NPC of their favorite game, they would go directly to it and queue and this can be accomplished using Butch.

Posted Sep 26, 2019