• 1529 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10551 Players Online
  • 9022 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Lobby music and snowballs

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by 3etegdsdtsysdsydfydf, Dec 3, 2020.

1. The only thing that is missing from the lobby right now is some Christmas related music.
    Snowballs are the best gadgets that are available due to them not having a cooldown and due to them dealing knockback , i would like it if they would be given to players as a reward for playing snow fight , not a large amount , lets say 2 snowballs per kill and 1 per assist . Something like the Christmas presents and valentine gifts.

And please make a showcase of the Christmas update and upload it to youtube , as it will attract at least a minute portion of the 200k subscribers that you have there.

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  2. Yeah, maybe some Christmas music for a change; however, the developers would have to make custom music discs. Making custom music discs isn't easy; also, they would have to install another mod to make custom music would take up the server's ram. So it might not be easy.

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    3etegdsdtsysdsydfydf likes this.
  3. YES PLEASE. There was music in the lobby last year, and it was so much fun to listen to. Also, you can get snowballs from Legacy Christmas chests, but I agree with your idea of giving people snowballs for getting kills and assists in SF. Maybe you could get 10 for winning a game as well?

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  4. I feel like music in the lobby might come nearer to Christmas itself. I don't see why they wouldn't have it this year when they had it before. I really hope it comes back! the update is so sick; I'm having a great time exploring the lobby this year.

As for the snowball idea, I'm all for it. It sounds like a reasonable amount too. I forgot they exist as a gadget honestly and this idea of yours would encourage all the cosmetic enthusiasts to play SF more, especially while it's still around.

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    andr3w and 3etegdsdtsysdsydfydf like this.
  5. I 100% agree, there have been holiday themed songs in the past, but I don't know if that's on the table for this year. If the dev team did not plan for any holiday music in the lobbies than I guess we won't see any this year as it's too late for any development to start something from scratch. However if they are we would be in for a very special surprise!

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  6. Hi! I quite like this idea :) It would be very nice to see something like this. Obviously this takes development time and it might not be possible this year, but seeing as it has happened before, it could be something to look forward to in the future! Nonetheless, thank you for bringing this up!!

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  7. The thing is that , I think they still have the code , i don't think they would delete the code for something they will need in a year.
    Last Christmas update we didn't have the lobby music and people brought it up on forums , and then a few days later we got the music .
    ( I am not experienced in how the custom music works on servers so maybe I'm not the right person to talk , but , here is how I think the music is created :
    The custom music discs or redstone contraptions with noteblocks would only play the music in a certain area , and as you go away from the source it slowly dims out, and having custom made music discs would require players to download the resource pack as well I think. That is why i think the music is created by using the /playsound command . Therefore, I think that they still have the code , because writing all that down, the exact notes in the exact order is very long and time consuming.) ( maybe I'm talking nonsense, so I apologize in advance).

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2020
    LegendSavedXmas likes this.
  8. I definitely agree with this idea. I would love to gather snowballs since I don't even think I have any so far ;-;. I like the idea of the xmas music since it is so fitting with the seasonal mood. Finally, I for sure agree with Mineplex posting something on their YouTube channel since it would notify people and quite possibly even attract them to play on the server +1

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  9. I agree! This is a fabulous idea. First off, this allows players to feel hyped and feel like they are happy and to make sure that they are in the right mood. Second, this will bring players to minplex and to the lobbies and chill once they hear this idea. This would be catastrophic in a fun way, considering that players would have fun playing with it.

The idea about the snowballs in the game, "snow fight", is a clever idea. While enjoying the game you get to experience some more action and experience which sure brings fellows and fellas to play in a sense. Fabulous idea!

-Justin/Ghost

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  10. Heyo!
    Personally, I have never been a huge fan of the music that plays in the seasonal lobby. I would usually end up turning it down or off entirely. However, I know a lot of people love it, so seeing it brought back would be pretty cool. I love the idea of being able to earn ammo for the Snowball gadget in Snow Fight. That would give extra incentive to play the mode before it's gone again! :)

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  11. Whenever seasonal lobbies seem to be introduced to the server, there is a large group of players who dislike the music and tend to complain about it lagging their game. I personally think hub music would be lovely, but I know that a number of people dislike it, so perhaps that's why it hasn't been introduced yet. Either way, it's not hard to turn off via /prefs, so adding it in would be a nice idea in my opinion. Interesting idea about the Snowball gadget, I think it'd be nice to be able to earn more through Snow Fight. Great ideas overall, I'm in favour of them being implemented.

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  12. I am absolutely 100% onboard with bringing back the hub music in the lobbies. I was a little disappointed this year when I found out there wasn't any hub music, as it was one of my favorite parts of the lobby from past years. An easy way to combat the "people may get annoyed" situation is to have it off by default, and let you enable it in the preferences menu. In terms of advertising on Mineplex's YouTube is also something I wouldn't mind. They have a lot of subscribers so I do feel like this could help promote the server and bring in new or returning players in. Great suggestions, hope to see all these added!

- Lucas

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  13. Hey!

I've personally always been a fan of Christmas Music, and I remember when Mineplex had it in seasonal lobbies, however, as Nick mentioned, there may be a reason it's gone. Users were pretty open about the lag they felt it caused, and generally, the problems they had with it, and while it's simply to toggle preferences off, people involved came to the decision to remove this altogether. With that said, I'm entirely in favour of bringing this back and having it toggleable for the people who would prefer it without. With the idea that was mentioned above, having this set automatically to off, but having a preference to turn it on, I'm slightly in favour of this idea as well. This would allow newer players, and generally, players who don't like the idea to have it off, but allow players who arent interested in the idea to turn it on. I feel as if it's the best of both worlds.

With the snowball idea, I think that's a fun idea. Snowballs have no major effect, just for some Lobby fun, and because of this, I think it would be good to implement some sort of rewards system in Snowfight.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Posted Dec 4, 2020
  14. Though I have never seen it for myself, I would love to see this come back if it was so popular, as hearing Christmas music in lobby does sound like quite the treat and the perfect thing to put people in the spirit. Having it toggeable for those who faced lag issues would also be needed, as it is necessary to meet the concerns from both sides of this proposition, but I'm pretty sure bringing it back would bring more positive feedback than negative. I also like the idea of having ammo being given for snow gadgets by playing snow fight; it serves as an incentive to play the game itself and yield a reward from it which is a win-win. Great suggestion, thank you for suggesting!

Posted Dec 4, 2020
  15. Hey,

I agree with you. It would be awesome to add a Christmas related music to the hub as it would feel like a complete Christmas. I don't think this would be an issue for the players as they could simply turn off the hub music via /prefs if they don't want to hear the music. I also think that adding the ability to receive 2 snowballs gadget for each kill and 1 snowball for each assist would be great. I personally think that would be much better than having to open Christmas treasure chests to be able to receive them. I would love to see them implemented if they aren't much of a work for the devs to add.
    Making a live stream or recording a video and upload it on YouTube would indeed attract/excite some of the subscribers, exactly like what they did in Halloween.
    Thanks for taking some of your time to suggest these ideas! I give this a +1.

Posted Dec 4, 2020