• 922 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5171 Players Online
  • 4249 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Maeve's Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by maevestarbaby, Nov 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hey, I'm maevestarbaby o/

I first played Mineplex about 6 or 7 years ago when I had a terrible laptop, back when the lobby still had the original superior Mineplex tree and unbeatable - for me at least - parkour. It easily became home, with my preferred games being Skywars and Mixed Arcade. I was never great at pvp though so I tended to win those games with tnt or a bow - my favourite minecraft weapon. Close combat is a place I rather not delve into.

I was a Moderator back in 2017 (#CluelessBatch) on Reports Patrol, Ideas Team, and Newsletter Team. I spent a lot of my time on the server; playing games with my friends, answering reports, on the forums, recording videos, and hanging out in Lobby-1 EU!

After I stopped being staff, I lost interest in the server followed by Minecraft after a bit, not being online for probably 1.5 years collectively, with rare exceptions.

Outside of Mineplex, Minecraft, and games (League of Legends, Tomb Raider series, Slime Rancher, strange horror games...), I love math, mythology (Mayan interests me the most) and astronomy with all my heart. Learning has to be the best thing in the world for me. I've also been teaching myself Greek on and off for the past couple of years, although I can't do more than read as well as write phonetically.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    With the one and only Oublisam

[​IMG]
    With xLeopard

A lot has changed since I've left and I really like being back. Thank you for getting to know me ;D

Posted Nov 14, 2020
  2. Hello cutie winkwonk

Posted Nov 14, 2020
  3. Welcome back to Mineplex! I came back here in September after about 2-3 years of inactivity. It really is crazy how much the server changed!

Posted Nov 14, 2020
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  4. I know, right. I didn't expect the old lobby to come back, that was the best thing to see considering I remember how much people fought for it to come back! Plus, it's insane not recognising a lot of players anymore.

o-o

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 14, 2020
    Jbones__ likes this.
  5. Welcome back!! It's nice to see so many ex-players and staff returning lately ^^
    Have you been enjoying similar games to those you enjoyed before you left, or has your taste in minigames changed since then, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted Nov 19, 2020
  6. Skywars definitely changed for me :') I loved the old Skywars, it's just not the same anymore. But I'm still loving all my other games! And nano games are really fun too.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 19, 2020
    affinity0 likes this.
  7. Omg Runkia, this brings back so many memories haha. I remember when DiamondBudderAxe, you and I used to play on the server a while back. I'm glad to see you back, and I hope you're doing well.

~Anderew/BroActually/andr3w

Posted Nov 19, 2020
  8. Lovely to see you returning back to the server :D I was accepted onto the team about a year after you in 2018, and I've done quite a bit on RP in 2018 so it's cool to see we've both been through that. If you ever get the chance to handle Forum Reports again they're way better on XenForo than Enjin! I hope you're enjoying the server now and all of the changes, feel free to DM me if you ever want to talk or you've got any questions :)​

Posted Nov 19, 2020
  9. Omgosh reallyyyy? :O Was your IGN something else? And of course I remember DiamondBudderAxe as well, probably my closest friend ever on this server. After four years we still keep in touch daily. Hope you're doing well too! We should play again:)

Thank you for your kind words! I can only imagine how quick they are to do now^^ Xenforo was a really good move, despite me disliking it at first, 'til I realised I just didn't like how other servers designed their websites on here. Mineplex's is actually quite nice.

We should play sometime!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 19, 2020
  10. yh welcome back <3

Posted Nov 19, 2020
  11. Yea, my other IGN (which I look back as a very terrible username) was Andrew_The_Boss - mostly used during the Enjin days. It’s good to see you guys are still in touch! The nostalgia your introduction brought back is insane, I remember those days like it was yesterday.

Posted Nov 19, 2020
  12. First off, welcome back to the community! Lots of people have been returning back as of recently which is awesome.

I can relate to the whole sub-par laptop setup. I was playing on a Dell Vista that was probably as old as me, and needless to say it was not built for anything but 2 tabs of chrome. But I fell in love with the server, mainly playing parkour games like dragon escape and runner. Later on when I got better hardware, I started to like PvP games more. If you haves plans to return to the staff team, I wish you the best of luck!

One more thing, is that photo of the nebula yours? If so it is being blowing!

Posted Nov 19, 2020
  13. It's been a while since I've seen you on the server; it's really nice to see you make a comeback! We also share a fair amount of interests. I love astronomy and pretty space pictures are my weakness, so thank you for providing such a wonderful one. It's also super cool that you're learning Greek, that's a language I always found cool but never got around to learning it. Again, it's really nice to see you back after such a long time :)

Posted Nov 19, 2020
  14. Hello! welcome back!

I LOVE LATIN! its not Greek i know but its as close as your gonna get lol! ive been taking latin for about 5 years and can translate pretty fluently now! I really wanted to like astronomy and even took a semester class on it! but, it just wasnt for me....

welcome back to mineplex though! I hope ill see you around!!!

Posted Nov 19, 2020
  15. Thanks!
    I remember now! Let's play together again.
    Thank you! I noticed the same. And same for me. I had a Sony laptop almost my age. It was actually a "gaming laptop" back in 2008 or something lol. But when I had it, I couldn't play newer Minecraft at more than 50 FPS on my normal settings, maybe a bit higher with my render distance CHUNKED down to like 4 chunks and optifine installed. I have a new pc now, and it's incredible seeing the change in frames in Minecraft as well as loads of other games. It's one of my favourite things in the world, I feel like I can finally delve into amazing games on the PC that I didn't have on the PS4.

And nooooooo it's not! This is NASA's photo, actually. I don't have the equipment to get into astrophotography unfortunately as it costs a lot of money. I hope I will be able to save up one day to get one and be able to see all of this myself.
    I haven't seen your name in forever either; I'm happy to see you on the staff team. I had an idea you enjoyed space actually, glad you like the picture - it's one of my favourite nebulae for sure.

Greek is extremely fun to learn given it's ties to math which is where I picked it up from. I also really love Greece as a place - I've never been but it's so unique and beautiful. Languages come pretty easy to me in terms of comprehending how it works so I don't know if it would be the same for you but Greek is very easy to understand once you learn the alphabet. There is not that many special "rules" that I've come across when it comes to pronunciation or writing (for an example there is only one letter accent which looks like an apostrophe and commonly gets put above the letter omega), so once you memorise the alphabet and sounds it's pretty predictable. The vocabulary is something else though - there are only rice grains of words that are similar to the ones I know in my other languages, so it's difficult to learn them
    Latin is so interesting! maybe one day I'll try to learn it to at least be able to read it or understand sentence structure. Ancient languages are so so so interesting. Shame you didn't enjoy astronomy! I suppose it's not for everyone - but maybe there's a small branch in it that you'd like, even if it's just the pictures:)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 20, 2020
    partyin, LJwX and andr3w like this.