• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5169 Players Online
  • 5169 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

'Magician' Achievement Kit for Turf Wars

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Jbones__, Nov 27, 2020.

?

Do you think this would be a good kit?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Hey everyone! In my opinion, Turf Wars deserves an achievement kit. The game is popular, and the kits available aren't too good. Therefore I think I have created a kit that could motivate players to finish their Turf Wars achievements!

The Magician Kit! What makes this kit special is that you receive one Invisibility Potion every 45 seconds. These potions last for 5 seconds and you are completely invisible during this time! This gives you an advantage that might be short, but is helpful! You receive one arrow every 6.5 seconds and you start the game with 32 wool.

There isn't anything else I felt needed to be included, but if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Posted Nov 27, 2020
    ilyLegend, aiirr, Anna. and 1 other person like this.
  2. Hey there! I wouldn't mind seeing a kit similar to this idea added for Turf Wars. It has been a while since a kit update happened for Turf War, and this seems like a cool suggestion for people who grind for achievement kits. This doesn't seem too over or underpowered and would make for some fun gameplay. Magicians are pretty unique and I feel the community would enjoy this. Great suggestion, I hope to see this added!

- Lucas

Posted Nov 27, 2020
  3. Hey! This idea is very similar to this 'Spy' kit that was suggested not too long ago. I can see that the major difference between the two is that yours isn't necessarily based off Infiltrator, but more based off of Marksman in a sense which is pretty unique. In comparison to the other thread, the cooldown for the potions seems a bit more realistic, which was a common change that people were suggesting. There were both positive and negative feedback within the thread I linked above over the idea of Invisibility. I personally think it's a very neat idea and would definitely draw attention to the game itself a bit more. Though I have a question: Would the potion continue through the entire 5 seconds or would it disappear once you've pulled back your bow? I feel as though being completely invisible and being able to pull back your bow and shoot someone would be a little unfair, though the timing is pretty good in regard to that since it isn't that long.

@Xukuwu commented on the thread above in which they stated the idea was denied by GI. I'm not entirely sure if this would still apply because of the fact your kit isn't so heavily based around Infiltrator, though it does still contain invisibility which was decided to be a bit more challenging and confusing for such a simple game like Turf Wars. I'll quote their response below.

Once again, this idea is very unique and could definitely be a fun addition if properly worked through. I do want to see some more replies on this one or any suggestions toward it. It's nice seeing suggestions for Turf Wars, especially well developed ones like yours.

Posted Nov 27, 2020
  4. Hey there, Turf wars is a significant game with plenty of engagements including fighting and building. I thought that turf wars having an achievement kit would spice things up and gather some more fellow's and the fella's towards this game.

In my opinion, "the Magician kit", can be inspired towards the players since the game starts off with you having a diamond sword and 5 arrows having a purple/pink shooting effect towards your opponents. Your arrows reload every 5 seconds which gives you enough time to build, hide, and defend your territory. Wool would be set as 25 since the sword does a lot of damage and the bow has a pink/purple effect along with an efficiency bow. Despite the fact, if you die, then you respawn with 5 arrows again and keeps going in a circular motion. Instead of a bow, I was thinking of having a potion like what @Jbones__ stated above. ^
    As what, @Jbones__ said about the magician kit is acceptable, which I can respect his idea's towards this achievement kit. Having 32 wool is reasonable considering you already have potions that can make you invisible.

Posted Nov 29, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 11, 2021
    Ryan9116 and yvuggu like this.
  5. I used to play turf wars a long time ago, but then stopped because it became boring to me. I would definitely be motivated to play a lot more in order to get this achievement kit if it were to be added!

+1

Posted Nov 29, 2020
  6. Unfortunately, this might make camping more annoying to deal with. I find that this is a very visuals oriented game and having invisible people really throws that off (in a not very good way... for me at least). Does invisibility even hide hitboxes btw? I'm not sure if many turfies turn them on but that would probably make it unviable.

Many might even use it to target a certain player that's too strong or find sneaky positions to hide behind enemy lines possibly making it an annoying thing to deal with.

The slow arrow regen helps but can't say I trust its balance. It seems to be full support for this idea so I thought I should mention some possible cons if this is being considered.

Posted Jan 9, 2021
  7. Personally, I would like a kit like that, but it can be annoying sometimes and that would be more of a trolling kit. so I do agree it should be a achievement kit as it would be hard to get.

Posted Jan 9, 2021
  8. Really like this idea. I'm not sure why the idea similar to yours was denied but I think the outplay potential is huge with this. Being able to reposition from a really bad location to a safer one, hiding from infiltrators, etc., there's a lot you can do with a 5 second invis.

The GI response also mentioned above is something I disagree with as well. I don't think throwing a potion will add that much complexity to an arcade game. I think the kit will provide lots of creativity and do more good than harm. Compared to that suggested idea to this one, I think this will have a better shot at getting accepted, especially because of the cooldown regardless of deaths. I'm hoping this will also carry over when you switch kits, because a cooldown refresh just from switching kits would be really strong.

This is a really nice, accessible, and simple kit that will mix things up a bit! I hope this gets accepted.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  9. make it so that i can magically spawn 5000000 arrows at everyone

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  10. If this was to be considered, two balancing changes I would suggest is:
    • Invisibility lasts until you hit an enemy player, or when the 5 second timer runs out (whichever first)
    • Max of 2 potions held at one time (to combat saving potions then spamming them)
    For Turf Wars veterans, five seconds of invisibility with little to no drawbacks will allow them to dominate completely. Therefore there has to be some balancing act.

Overall I agree with Xukuwu on the other thread that the Spy kit is too complicated for a simple arcade game like Turf Wars, however with that being said, the Spy kit idea did also have other mechanics which made it more complicated without need. This sounds simple enough. Even though it is an arcade game, it still deserves some unique love. +1

Posted Jan 31, 2021
  11. Although I really like this idea I disagree with the suggestion stated by Allir that pulling back your bow while invisible would be unfair. As I personally think the entire idea would be to make a secret sneaky shot while ensuring you hit your shot.

However I think personally the effect should disappear when you hit someone.

But other than that I really like it! Hope it gets added ;)

Posted Jan 31, 2021