• 1903 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 15414 Players Online
  • 13511 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Make an option to buy unbans/unmutes for perm punishments?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by sqwew, Dec 3, 2020.

?

Should players be able to buy unbans and unmutes for perm punishments with limitations for how many?

1. yes

15.8%
  2. no

78.9%
  3. maybe

5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Think this would be a good idea because it would help the server more money. I also feel this way because no hacker or toxic person is gonna pay money if there just gonna do it again. I think it would be good idea for people who cant get un perm muted or un perm banned because they cant appeal anymore and have been punished for a long time who wanna move on.

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    Believerc likes this.
  2. not happening

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    zapig, Venez, DerpDerpie and 5 others like this.
  3. Why I know a few people who are better now and cant appeal and seriously want to get unbanned.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2020
  4. Hey,

I'd like to first state that I completely disagree with this, and I'm pretty sure that the entire Mineplex community/staff team would agree with me. The staff never look for every punishment they can, and on Mineplex you get a lot of chances to appeal your punishments. If you were banned multiple times, you should have learned from your mistakes. Making the ability to purchase any type of punishment appeal/bypass would be completely unfair to all players, it's pretty much just letting people get an infinite bypass of disrupting the community.

I have always been against purchasing appeals, it just doesn't make sense at all. The server already has enough money flooding in from the Immortal rank, and the only thing that paid appeals would give Mineplex is a bad reputation.

I'm not too sure what you need help with, but my (and others') opinion about purchasing appeals is a big no.
    ~~

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  5. No,

If a person was permanently banned from the server, they clearly did not follow the rules and broke them. Mineplex is the most lenient server in accepting appeals, and it is unfitting for the server to "sell" passes to people who willingly broke them

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    20LeeBrian1, Zyta, Venez and 3 others like this.
  6. I just think no hacker whos just gonna do it again will pay money for a unban or if you really think they will they can either only allow them to buy 1 or 2 punishment removals or make the price go up alot everytime.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2020
  7. Hackers can use alts to cheat on the server, so it makes zero sense to why a person would pay to get unbanned if they can just use another account. I still don't think Mineplex should sell unbans

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    DerpDerpie, SnowyStarglaze and andr3w like this.
  8. some people seriously changed thought. also if they break the rules after paying they can just be nwb lol.

they really cant because all vpns are blocked

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Dec 3, 2020
  9. getting pretty strong flashbacks ngl

and to quote the reasoning of the denial of the linked thread;
    "I can say with certainty that unban passes will not be sold on the server ever again as it goes against Mojang's EULA."

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  10. The Java platform isn't partnered with Minecraft, and the EULA isn't too big of a deal with servers anymore. Technically, Mineplex could start selling unban passes, but it's a completely terrible thing to do, and I can guarantee that even if Mineplex is on the verge of bankruptcy (or any server for that matter), they would never start selling unban passes. It's been talked about and joked about many times in the past, but I can guarantee Mineplex would never add buyable appeals. The thread Anna linked is a good example of how these discussions turn out.

~~

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  11. They should sell them make they should make limits for them like the examples I gave above. Just my opinion people can really change in 1-3 years and alot of people have that I know of. sorry if I offended everyone lol.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2020
  12. Yeah, I highly agree with the people above, (You guys are awesome!) But NO WAY this is happening the server already has plenty of money to pay for its staff, Devs, admins, etc. But If you wanna appeal your application go here to try to get unbanned. https://www.mineplex.com/appeals/ Also see this before you appeal! https://www.mineplex.com/appeal-guide/. Have a good day/Night!
    -Derp

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  13. As people would purchase more unbans, the server would be filled with cheaters, so there has to be a limit of how many times you can purchase an unban. otherwise, I can conclude to this idea

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  14. There should be a limit but think about it no hacker is gonna pay like 50$ to get unbanned lmao

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2020
  15. Absolutely not. If hackers can buy alts to continue hacking, they'd 100% buy this. Sorry :/

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  16. they cant use vpns so they would just get banned right away lol

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2020
  17. If you believe you are innocent, you can make an appeal at https://mineplex.com/appeals (it's free!). We have systems in place to handle punishment appeals currently and adding unbans to the store would just be messy and unneeded.

In addition: the idea is not possible. The EULA (a set of rules all servers must follow set down by Mojang) would block this. If Mineplex did this, they would risk being blocked or getting into a spot of legal trouble. As we are a partnered server, this will not be happening.

Feel free to research into this policy here:
    https://help.mojang.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1590522-minecraft-commercial-use.

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    Eqsa, Drizzerd, DaPBillk and 2 others like this.
  18. I strongly disagree.

If they add an option to buy unbans and unmutes, it is clearly contradictory to the rules. The whole purpose of being muted and banned is to learn from their mistakes. This idea also "circumvents" the ban/mute — that is not allowed.

Even though giving higher prices is reasonable, hackers will most likely buy this, especially when this is their main account.

I have to agree with @LegendSavedXmas. If a person broke a rule, they should be punished for their actions. Because there are ban/mute appeals, having an option to buy unbans/unmutes would ruin the purpose.

VPNs are not allowed because it would open to hackers after getting banned. Most likely hackers use alts to evade the ban with a VPN.

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    anna ♪ and LegendSavedXmas like this.
  19. can you guys allow another special appeal then?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2020
  20. or at least allow one starting jan. 2021?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.