• 1032 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6723 Players Online
  • 5691 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Make an option to buy unbans/unmutes for perm punishments?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by sqwew, Dec 3, 2020.

?

Should players be able to buy unbans and unmutes for perm punishments with limitations for how many?

1. yes

15.8%
  2. no

78.9%
  3. maybe

5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Granted, this would be another opportunity for Mineplex to earn money (there's no denying that), but it's something that just won't work out in the end, really. If people are facing permanent bans/mutes, that could easily prove their sheer negligence of the rules that they agreed to since joining Mineplex. I know some people may be less mindful of the rules where they may say something that would be difficult to interpret as punishable on Mineplex because (1) someone may behave a certain way that's not punishable on one server, which Mineplex does not condone on their server, and (2) everyone makes decisions for different reasons, but that leads me to my point on why appeals exist.

Over the years, these threads have been around, and the reason I haven't been in agreement with this idea is that it would defeat the purpose of appealing your punishments. If you believe that you deserve another chance, that means you came to the conclusion that you've learned from your wrongdoings and are willing to improve. Bribing Mineplex to remove your punishment doesn't tell the staff why you think you deserve another chance - instead, that only says you want your punishment to be removed. Appeals aren't about why you want your punishment to be removed, they're about why your punishment should be removed. If you were punished for something that now you're remorseful of, how will the staff know that you'll not behave like that again?

There are some replies saying that it would violate the EULA (which I don't know too much about at the moment), but I don't think having a payment option would counter the hacker situation on Mineplex. The reason the hacker situation is multiplying is that they're using alternate accounts to continue hacking on the server. I've heard people suggest IP bans for a while, which would definitely reduce the number of hackers that are currently infesting the server, but that's a topic of its own.

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  2. I think @CookieBilly explained this best and explained it perfectly, but I'll add a few things. It would be in direct violation of the EULA policy, but not only that, I have doubts it would actually solve the problem in regard to hackers. Many hackers have alt accounts so wouldn't need to buy the pardon and would continue to spoil the fun on the server. In addition to this, people who have the money to buy these unbans could just repeatedly break the rules without fear of consequence and may never come to regret their action as there is no punishment to make them stop and re-evaluate whether what they're doing is wrong. The appeals system allows people to be pardoned and means that everyone has fair and equal access to the right to be allowed back onto the server or unmuted.

Another issue is that not all bans are handed out for toxicity or hacking. If somebody is punished for having an inappropriate skin and they buy an unban, that would enable them to continue using the server with the inappropriate skin, which we do not endorse. If somebody is punished for doxing somebody and they buy an unmute, they are free to do it again and could put more people in harm's way. However, the hope is that with the upcoming account migration the volume of hackers will decrease, fingers crossed.

To conclude, the reason people are banned/muted is for the safety of the community or to keep the server a fun, fair and friendly place. Selling punishment pardons would mean that all of the staff work to keep the server a nice play to be could be in vain, all for a little bit of extra profit. Everyone has (and should always have) equal access and opportunity to appeal a punishment.

Posted Dec 4, 2020
    Fusafez likes this.
  3. Wot even-

Posted Dec 4, 2020
    yvuggu likes this.
  4. This is a just a troll thread right? Hackers already pay money for hack clients, and they would absolutely do it for unbans. This idea is horrible, and would bring in much more not wanted hackers -1

Posted Dec 4, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 4, 2020
    OrangeyCob likes this.
  5. I can tell ur an alt account pleading for paid unbans so that ur main can get unbanned lol. it aint happening tho, sry lmao

Posted Dec 4, 2020
    Exile The Wolf likes this.
  6. This is obviously an alt, however I don't think it's Ned. I think this is actually @Jacob3Jacob4's alt. He has had several "ideas" similar to this, such as buying ranks, and allowing closeting.

Posted Dec 4, 2020
  7. I would support adding this but sadly it violates the eula

Posted Dec 4, 2020
  8. Jacob1Jacob2 is that you :pleading:

Posted Dec 4, 2020
  9. Hey!

I'd have to disagree with this too unfortunately. I've had experience on both ends of the spectrum here in both dealing and receiving punishments and while I understand the desire to play again there is a clear set of rules that were set to keep the server clean. You have to keep in mind that players are able to appeal from a punishment that is justified twice which is already very generous.

I'd also have to say this is a bad idea for the reason that wouldn't stop the problem. If someone has the money they could break the rules as much as they wanted and purchase an unban. Even supposing you put a limit on the number of unbans one could purchase that could still be a very bad thing for the server. Imagine a player gets banned B-Hopping and then immediately buys an unban only to avoid staff members in future games and try breaking rules further.

Now, in regards to making money Mineplex already has various other sources of income which include all the ranks (particularly Immortal) as well as the cosmetic crates sold on the shop. Simply put, I don't see why making a few extra dollars is worth letting rule breakers find an easy way out. If someone did break the rules and wants to correct their actions they should appeal properly at this link.

Posted Dec 4, 2020
  10. Did someone had a similar post about this? I think you are referring to here.

Basically, this idea is very similar to that one, but I did not have a chance to look it up. Most likely (if I were being honest) this will not happen. To paraphrase what @affinity0 said, having an option to buy an unban for an inappropriate skin/username will not be useful when a player is not hacking or cheating.

Posted Dec 4, 2020
  11. Sweet Jesus, no. No, no. Just... No.

I could list ten-thousand reasons not to, ranging from abuse by malicious users to overall corruption within the network and profiting from such actions. Perhaps even reasons associated with the EULA(?). Not to mention the thousands of users who would straight up leave the Network due to being opposed to this type of methodology on a moral basis, including me.

TL;DR
    Never happening under any circumstances.

-Dan

P.S.

Any marketing team members that decide to discuss this idea being incorporated despite it being flat out rejected by the Ideas Team (like a large number of Immortal perks), please read that last sentence before the TL;DR. I've bolded it for you.

Posted Dec 4, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 4, 2020
    Fusafez and anna ♪ like this.
  12. Hey there,

This is a well-thought idea but this might be harmful or be very concerning for hackers. First off it is not aloud to hack or you are going to be banned. This is a good thought to scare away hackers and allow them to not hack anymore. Second, this is not so great of an idea, considering that they would never want to play on the server again, which our community wants to grow, meaning we will lose players. Even a mute isn't that great of an idea. Well thought of thought :).

-Justin/Ghost

Posted Dec 4, 2020
  13. I definitely disagree. Hackers and other rule breakers are punished because they broke the rules, and shouldn’t just be unbanned/unmuted just because they can pay money. Imagine you are a player that doesn’t have a lot of money and you falsely get banned, even though you did nothing wrong. However, the game before you were banned, you saw a hacker that had fly hacks, killaura, and whatever other hacks. They got banned, and the week after that they were unbanned just because they were able to pay for another appeal, while you are just sitting there banned for being innocent. How would you feel? I don’t think this should be accepted since rule breakers are punished for a reason and should not be allowed to bail out that easily.
    -Bob

Posted Dec 4, 2020
  14. No - not only does it violate the EULA (basically a law) as many people have said above me but it really would not discourage hackers from hacking again.

A lot of hackers don't use their own accounts. They use alt accounts, tons of them. They come from either free or paid websites but point is they can have dozens of alts to hack on and would not need to appeal every time.

Posted Dec 4, 2020
    Bob16077777 likes this.
  15. Heyo!
    Lots of responses that I definitely agree with!
    Everyone is bringing up the EULA, which if you haven't read, please do! It states a lot of information that is vital for business between the parties agreeing to them. Hacking will sadly not end, and Mineplex does their best to slow down the rate of the rulebreakers. If it was a mistake from a while ago and making a sincere appeal can do a lot. Account compromises do happen too and it's always best to secure them! Appealing the compromised account ban with as much proof possible, can do wonders. To simply put it, purchasing an unban is unfair and unlawful to do so. The consequences are in your own hands and it never hurts to re-read the rules at any point given!
    I hope my addition to the thread was helpful as there were many great responses made!
    Have a good one <3!

Posted Dec 4, 2020
    anna ♪, Danese, 20LeeBrian1 and 2 others like this.
  16. or they can make it so after your banned for 1 or 2 years you can buy one then if its perm.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 5, 2020
  17. Hello sqwew,

After overlooking your proposal, IT has come to the conclusion to deny this idea. It has received a lot of negative feedback, and this plays a major part in deciding whether we should accept an idea, or not. Another reason why we are marking this as denied, will be due to the fact that the recently redesigned appeal system is to become more pro-player.

I will be marking this as Not Planned, and locking the thread since further discussion is no longer needed. If you have any concerns with this decision, please feel free to contact me via forum DMs, or Discord (my discord is on my profile wall).

[​IMG]

Posted Dec 11, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 11, 2020
    anna ♪ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.