• 844 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12006 Players Online
  • 11162 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Make Cross-Teaming Punishable

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by Parkour37, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Cross-Teaming is a big problem in this game.
    I haven't seen this happen, but I am almost sure it has happened in the past, there would be a group of people on top of a house, and one person would have the TNT kit. That person would blow up the only way to get on top of the house, making it so that the hiders would win, every single time.
    Also, a seeker could hide a hider, by standing where the hider is, making it so that you would have to use the TNT kit to kill the hider because swords and arrows would hit the player.
    I have also seen cases of people on top of roofs, with a few seekers with them, making it so that there are fewer seekers able to kill hiders.
    And the list goes on, and on.

I really want cross-teaming to be punishable. I am not wanting it to be bannable. A simple kick would be perfect. It is really annoying when you are the only person on the seekers that are trying to play the game. A way that this could be achieved is by having a command like /crossteamreport or /ctr.

Posted Mar 30, 2019
  2. If you ever manage to catch that on camera, this is actually punishable under gameplay trolling. You would have to record it though. If you see someone doing this, it would be even better to directly report the area they blew up in the bugs section so that it quickly gets fixed. Easy fix!

I've seen that a few times, and I can tell you you can still hit the player. If this happens, by turning on hitboxes (F3+B) you will be able to differenciate the hunter's hitbox from the hider's and shoot or hit him. You can also stand where the hunter is standing and try to hit the ground, you will get them at some point. It's annoying, but you don't need the TNT kit!

I don't get your point here. If the hiders got legitimately on the roof, that's fine! If the seekers aren't cross teaming (for example allowing the hiders to get their hyper axe purposefully) but are just passive on the roof, they shouldn't be punished imo. Otherwise, you could also punish seekers when they are standing to any hider in the map but not killing it (because they can't find it for example).
    Also, if some hunters have hider friends, it doesn't matter that they stand on the roof with them or not, they won't kill them anyway. So you would have to hunt by yourself to get the last few hiders to get the hunter win, and not be carried 100% of the game. ;)

Cross-Teaming isn't punishable because there are already 2 teams. However, some behaviours are already punishable within 'Gameplay Trolling' or 'Bug/Map Exploiting' so it isn't necessary to make the cross teaming rule apply.

There's already /report for Hero+ with which you can report gameplay offences. Otherwise there are the forums. Not sure if something more is needed for these specific issues.

Posted Mar 31, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 31, 2019
    MrShadowq and ATruePitato like this.
  3. Hi hi!

I can see where you are comming from. Say there's a party who are in a call, or communicating through party chat or /msg, and one is deliberately avoiding the other and assisting though one is a hunter, and one is a hider (or a group are hunters/hiders) assisting them in their win(s).

On the server currently, we have pretty specific rules for cross teaming, when it's allowed, and what games it is or isn't alright to cross team in. For example, in cakewars standard, its 4v4v4v4, red, vs green, vs blue, vs yellow. If there are 4 reds remaining, with 2 blues and 2 yellows, Blue and yellow may cross team to take out red as long as the amount of players in the cross team doesn't exceed the players in the team they are going against.

As for block hunt currently, there isn't a rule against cross teaming, and i really don't see one being implemented in the future as it can be pretty hard to a) catch people in the act, b) even though cross teaming is a thing, it doesn't effect the game that much unless its a large group intentionally cross teaming to ruin the game and benefit themselves.

If this is intentionally ruining the game for others, it can be placed under gameplay trolling which is a severity 1 punishment.

Posted Apr 1, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  4. Hey Parkour37,
    Cross-teaming is a problem in various ways. For example say it is bridges (BR) And say read team has 4 people, blue team has 2 players , green team has 2 players and yellow team have all disconnected. In a scenario like this, green team and blue team would be allowed to cross-team but only to team to take out the 4 people on red team, but after they work together and eliminate red, it would be fair (2v2), however even if the teams were unfair amounts, these two teams would be the only ones left, so it would be fight for the win. It is kind of like a scenario put into placement a bit like @PandaFyre had made. Hope I gave you an idea!
    Thanks!

Posted Apr 2, 2019
  5. Fair enough.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 4, 2019