• 4089 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13686 Players Online
  • 9597 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Make Death Tag lobbies allow more than 20

Discussion in 'Death Tag' started by Riskiness, Feb 2, 2020.

?

Should Mineplex allow 32 players max on DT and remove 20 max?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. You decide to turn on your laptop or computer and boot up Minecraft. You log into Mineplex wanting to go play some Death Tag and boom, there's a lobby full with 20 people. Makes Death Tag less fun. Having to wait for someone to leave just to get into the lobby. Make death tag lobbies have 32 players max allowed like it used to be. 20 is too little and its hard to get into DT lobbies without having to wait for minutes sometimes more depending. It's really annoying and some of us just end up doing something else because there isn't even anymore lobbies besides one. So If any of you have something to say on this comment below.

Posted Feb 2, 2020
  2. The last few times I've popped into a DT lobby I've definitely noticed that it's been crowded compared to previous months, although I don't think increasing the lobby size would be the best approach. I understand people wanting to hang out with friends, but if the lobby gets to the point where 20+ people want to be together then I think it's time to split it into two different lobbies (or an MPS if no one is serious about gaining stats). It can also be frustrating for new or solo players trying to kill and run from 10+ person groups that are close friends. Everyone against the little guy, so to speak. I've also noticed that those games take longer to finish since half, or more, of the lobby typically stands around instead of looking for more players to kill. Time-wise, it would be much harder to join a 25 player lobby opposed to one of two separate lobbies.

There's also the case of mixed arcade games. Increasing the limit to one game but keeping the others at 16 or 20 could cause issues whenever DT enters the rotation. Unless arcade stayed the same, but then devs would have to do some extra coding to differentiate arcade DT from the dedicated DT lobbies. I'm obviously not a dev though and could be wrong about that, so take it with a grain of salt.

Plus, hypothetically speaking, if our player count randomly jumped to 10,000 then we'd want more lobbies with fewer people instead of a few lobbies that are packed out and impossible to get into. The same holds true for smaller numbers, having smaller lobby sizes for the ease of joining.

Posted Feb 2, 2020
    SummerIsFun2 likes this.
  3. Hi its 6ao,
    ok but, don't you think 20+ is a bit too much? It's going to be crowded, and Ricky you know how much some people target, it's going to be chaos.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
    x3bood and SummerIsFun2 like this.