• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6657 Players Online
  • 3767 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Make Dragon Escape Like Hardcore Parkour

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Gam3son, Jun 15, 2020.

1. I would suggest making it so in dragon escape, you have the chance to finish the course, even after someone else has already finished it. This would be like hardcore parkour in nano games. You could make it so you have 30 seconds to finish after the first person finishes or just give an infinite amount of time and just let the dragon kill them if they are too slow. I don't really see any downside to this it would also be cool if you were to finish it you could get a little more exp. I find it annoying when I am close to finishing the dragon escape course, but someone slightly ahead of me does it before and I don't get the chance to finish it.

Posted Jun 15, 2020
  2. Hey!
    I personally dont think that they should change Dragon Escape to make it where there would be an additional 30 seconds after someone finishes the course. Dragon Escape has been on the network for a long time and it has always been whoever reaches the end first, wins. I don't see any issues with how it is now, because even after someone beats the course, whoever is behind them will receive second place and so on. If they were to add additional time after someone beat the course, it would be too similar to Hardcore Parkour and the only difference between the two would be different maps and that you have to outrun a dragon instead of another player.

Posted Jun 15, 2020
  3. Hey!

I personally don’t see any reason to make this change. One of the fun parts of dragon escape is the fact that you’re trying to finish the map. This implementation would make finishing the map a lot easier and thus take away some of the challenge.

Also, it would make the game a bit longer (albeit by a small amount). However, for a game like dragon escape which is in mixed arcade, if I die I don’t want to have to wait that extra time for the next game to start (if that makes sense :p)

Posted Jun 15, 2020
  4. Hi there!
    I disagree with this idea. I do really enjoy Hardcore Parkour, but the game is supposed to be different to Dragon Escape. Dragon Escape is about trying to parkour as fast as you can to get away from the Dragon - it's supposed to be more of a race, where one of the obstacles is that you have to be as careful as you can not to die. Hardcore Parkour on the other hand is just supposed to be a fun parkour challenge, where you try your best to finish the parkour. Therefore, players are revived when they die, and are given 30 seconds to complete it after the winner finishes. Additionally, Hardcore Parkour is meant to be done at a slower pace as it is generally much harder than Dragon Escape maps, which are supposed to be done at a faster pace, but are slightly easier. Overall though, I don't really agree with this idea. Thanks for suggesting it though!

Posted Jun 15, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  5. Heyo,

I'd have to disagree with this idea, mainly because if you really want to finish the maps you can. All you need to do is open an MPS and run the map alone, which is what speed runners do frequently to practice. Then there is really no worry of people finishing ahead of you. Dragon Escape is a classic, and still popular so I don't see it needing updates outside of new maps from time to time. Arcade games are supposed to be quick, players often won't switch lobbies because the games end so quickly, so adding time to games isn't really good unless absolutely needed.

Hardcore parkour is designed to have significantly harder jumps, and you have no ability's outside your own skill at the game. Dragon Escape is a very different experience you have abilities and such, and thus should not be made similar. Dragon escape is about who can run the map the quickest, not about everyone who can complete the map.

Interesting idea but I'd have to say its not really a needed change since completing the map can be achieved in other ways.

Posted Jun 15, 2020
  6. Dragon Escape games are supposed to be quick. While the additional 30 seconds could be helpful for those few players left, I feel like it could get annoying for people who achieve first place as more than likely they just want the game to end. Usually there’s only one person left anyway, and if there are other people, often they’re pretty far behind the first person.
    As stated above, if someone wants to practice the map they can do so on an MPS. I don’t think adding another 30 seconds would be that helpful, especially since you only have one life. Nice idea, but I don’t think it is needed.

Posted Jun 16, 2020
  7. Hey dude. I also disagree with this idea. As many people have already said, Dargon Escape maps are supposed to be faster (at least from my experience) and thus be faster. However, Hardcore Parkour literally has the word hardcore in it which means it should be harder.
    Now, I don't think adding an extra thirty seconds would be benificial because it would make the game go much longer and generally people don't like waiting around for a game to finish. Overall, because of the reasons above, I give this idea a -1.

Posted Jun 16, 2020
  8. Hello there!

Your idea is a substantial idea, I definitely perceive what you're attempting to persuade, but unfortunately, I'm going to have to disagree. As someone who isn't the best at Hardcore Parkour in Nano Games but enjoys a quick game of Dragon Escape, this idea shouldn't be embraced. Hardcore Parkour is a game designed to challenge difficult parkour, while Dragon Escape is easier parkour, but fast-paced. Personally, my parkour skills are inadequate, and I feel as if harder parkour was added, I would discontinue DE. Perhaps as a community, we can brainstorm ideas for a more difficult version of DE for more skilled players unlike myself. Due to the player count, a more difficult version of DE would only make it harder to queue, as it split the player count. You never know what the Mineplex team has up their sleeves! I give this idea a -1.

Warm wishes,
    BrookMarieXO

Posted Jun 16, 2020
  9. Hello there!

I will have to agree with everyone else. Dragon Escape has been one of my favorite gamemodes all the way back in 2014 when I first joined the server, to now. The purpose of Dragon Escape is to complete the map, you're right, and it can be frustrating when you're unable to when another player finishes. But in my opinion, that's the motivation. The point of Dragon Escape is the compete to finish the map, not to do it as a group. If you ever truly wanted to practice and complete these various Dragon Escape maps, you can always try completing them in an MPS (Mineplex Player Server, Legend+ has access to creating these).

Overall, I do not believe this should be added. -1

Posted Jun 16, 2020
  10. This idea has been discussed within the Game Insights discord and we have unfortunately come to the decision to deny this idea for the following reasons:
    • Would slow down the game considerably, and you may end up waiting 29 seconds for the other person to finish and then they fail and you'd have wasted all that time.
    • The game is also about learning the maps, parkour skill, and consistency. You win by not making a mistake/making the least mistakes so it wouldn't make sense to let other people finish as well (you get gems for completing the course and in GI we're proposing to add "completions" as a trackable stat so it would mean you could come 6th but still get a completion which feels cheap). The game is fundamentally different from Hardcore Parkour since in that, you can respawn an infinite amount of times, therefore it makes sense for multiple people to be able to finish. In Dragon Escape, you get one life. Often, if you make a mistake then you die. It's less forgiving and it's more about "surviving" than Hardcore Parkour because of the single life, therefore it makes more sense for only one person to finish.
    • If people want to practise a map and are frustrated because experienced players keep finishing the maps too quickly for them to do so, then they can practise in an MPS. "But you need to be Legend+ to use an MPS so that's not fair to people who aren't!" That's the benefit of buying a rank. If they want to practise the maps they should buy the rank or find a friend that has it and then practise. We shouldn't change the structure of the game to benefit around non-ranked/hero players who want to practise.
    • It would also really slow down the rotation. Adding a maximum of 30 seconds onto the end of every single Dragon Escape game would be so tedious for casual play (since everyone who's dead would leave and a new lobby would start, whereas you're sat there at the finish line for 30 seconds so you can get your win). It would also slow down/kill mixed arcade lobbies, especially on longer maps such as Zodiac or Quiescent Pines. They already take around 2 minutes to complete (or thereabouts) and so adding on another 30 seconds of sitting around for people who die early would cause a lot of people to just leave the lobby and find another mixed arcade game.
    Not Planned >> Denied by GI

Posted Aug 12, 2020
  11. I have had the same idea, it should be implemented, maybe once you've died/finished you could go to a lobby while your waiting for the game to finish

Overall I totally agree with this idea, it doesn't extend the game by that much

Posted Aug 13, 2020