• 1319 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9757 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Make likes on the forums be potatoes

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by HeyItsAdam, May 27, 2019.

1. Gotta have some nice nostalgia and plus potatoes are arguably a lot cooler than boring "likes".

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

Posted May 27, 2019
    Eat, Tours, Augend and 2 others like this.
  2. Yes, definitely would like to see this happen. I don’t have really else much to say as it’s really a QoL addition to the website but I would love to see potatoes come back. The like button on the forums makes posts and threads look nice and clean but I’d rather have the potato honestly as the “like” button, since it makes the site more unique and nostalgic to those who posted back on the old forums. And also, I just miss saying “Leave a potato if I helped” at the end of my posts.

Posted May 27, 2019
  3. Honestly, one of the things I really loved about the forums in 2015 was the potatoes as likes. It was both unique and fun at the same time and many memes about potatoes really set the Mineplex community apart from others. I really do not see a reason as to why this would not be a good idea as it helps return Mineplex back to its roots on the forums.

Also this was my life too! LOL

Posted May 27, 2019
    tommy // digital, AceSJus and nolawn like this.
  4. Although it is a minor change, I wouldn't be against the idea of replacing likes with potatoes. I remember this feature as well and it would definitely serve as a source of nostalgia for old forum users like me. I like the current system since it helps keep a clean look on the forums, but I don't think potatoes would be too obtrusive as well. I'd really like to see this come back in the future!

Posted May 27, 2019
    tommy // digital likes this.
  5. I wasn’t entirely sure if this is possible, because I’m not fully aware of the potential of this website. But after Wander explained it a tad further, I definitely think this would be a unique addition to the website. Seeing the positive feedback this has achieved in only a few hours is also marvelous to see. The nostalgia that comes with just a potato is sort of insane, and hilarious at the same time. It is truly a symbol for Mineplex at this point and it is a small detail that defines our forums and our past. I love the idea of bringing it back and integrating it into our new website.

Posted May 27, 2019
    tommy // digital and nolawn like this.
  6. I loved the nostalgic "Plus Potatoes" I would love to see this in a future update, but I don't really think they can remake this on this newer website.

Posted May 27, 2019
  7. Hey, I really like this idea!
    Just switching out the icon would be enough for me - it's a super funny addition and I think most people agree :D
    As aforementioned, the old enjin forums used to have this feature and it was quite cute, it adds a tad bit of character to the website <3

Posted May 28, 2019
  8. Heyo!

Loving the idea. Reminds me of the old forums if the like potatoes were to come back. I hope they do add something like it as like likes are very boring.

Posted May 28, 2019
    tommy // digital likes this.
  9. Having a family doesn’t mean that you stop being an individual. You know the best thing you can do for the people that depend on you? Be honest with them, even if it means setting them free.

It would be amazing if this happened and if dislikes were added they could be Poisonous Potatoes, it mixes up the look of the forums and I'm all in favor of doing that. Also, it brings back a mainly beloved feature from Enjin so that's another plus!

[​IMG]

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  10. Hey there!
    Love this idea. I was instantly attracted to the potatoes when Mineplex had adopted it on their Enjin website. I feel as if it urges people to interact more with community posts and with this addiiton to the new website, I'm certain many players will enjoy the feature. I'm sure that many players who have been around since enjin miss the old potato-liking button. I stand by them in saying it really was an awesome feature.

My only question to you is that would you like to see more options added? At one point on the forums, I vaguely remember there being multiple options for different styles of liking posts. Although I might not see the use for it now, I'd like to know your stance on that. Furthermore, I liked @Augend 's description of the poisonous potato being used as a dislike button. It all makes sense and will definitely spice up the ability to like on posts. Great idea! +1

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  11. Hello!

I'd love to bring back the good ol potatoes as likes system! As many others said, this is nostalgic, and would bring at least something from the Enjin. It'll make the Mineplex forums even more unique than they already are. Great idea from you! Hope to see it implemented!

+1 from me!

Posted Jun 2, 2019