• 556 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3146 Players Online
  • 2590 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Make teaming against the rules.

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by mab8400, Oct 29, 2019.

1. I've realized that hunter/hider teaming in BH is not punishable or against the rules whatsoever. Thing is, it ruins the game for everyone else. People who purposely don't kill the others and stand in the way are making the game unfair and more difficult. The team will laugh at you and call you bad and you cannot do ANYTHING about it. It's extremely unethical to have this allowed and it needs to be changed. I understand that some players are afk or do not care to play as a hunter, but when I come across schematic partied-teamers, it just makes me want to quit the game. I play BH far less than before simply because of this rule, and I believe it ruins the enjoyment of the game. I'm not saying you cannot have a friend playing on the other team; I am saying you cannot PURPOSELY stand in front of a hider and just taunt other hunters. When they block hiders, it deflects arrows and hits. They throw TNT in order to prevent other hunters from getting to the hiders area. They even do it PURPOSELY to make sure their friend/teammate wins the game/has an advantage. What do you think?

Posted Oct 29, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 19, 2019
  2. Hello again,

The below is what I recall from the rules, might not be 100% correct:
    I think that by the rule of cross-teaming, that it should not be punishable as having only two teams in this game does not create cross-teaming. If this was a three team game I would say yes, but it is not. Therefore the people who are working together are not working against a third team. Standing in front of a hider shouldn't block your skills. You made a post about ESPers and I told you to practice. I'll tell you here again. If you get in an mps with some friends you can practice getting past the annoyance of hunters shielding their friends. I don't get what you mean by "schematic partied-teamers", but I think that if you run into some issue that your solution shouldn't just instantly be make it punishable even if it isn't possible to punish.

HOWEVER.... Blatantly shielding a hider falls under gameplay trolling... etc.
    https://imgur.com/a/R4KDJTd
    [​IMG]

Posted Oct 29, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 29, 2019
    AlexIsGlass and FluteVegetables like this.
  3. Sorry but I just can't seem to agree with the things you say. The things these players are doing are purposely to help themselves and ruin the game for others. This type of situations is very similar to trolling which is not allowed. It's a toxic way to ruin to fun for others. Newcomers get very frustrated and the team will say "haha you can't do anything about it" and they are right.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 29, 2019
  4. Cross teaming depends. Free hyper, not attacking, anything that doesn’t harm the other team’s chance of winning (but of course you’re playing to have fun, right?). TNT exploiting, and anything with the use of tnt to put the hunters at a disadvantage isn’t right in my opinion. Java this isn’t as much of an issue as the blocks regen. But on bedrock, they don’t. As for hunters standing in the way, just run in with TNT. There isn’t much to do about this issue. It’s a huge issue (yet) so I would just do /findgame or /playagain

Posted Oct 29, 2019
  5. But... it's teaming? It's people not playing the game how it should be and ruining it for other people. It's hunters vs hiders. If the hunters start helping the hiders, then it's teaming and it gives an advantage for the hiders that they shouldn't have.

Teaming is described in the rules as "Forming a team with another player (or players) that may consist of: not fighting each other, working together, fighting people together, etc." Those 3 are all things that people do when they team in block hunt. So I see no reason why teaming in block hunt shouldn't be punishable?

Posted Oct 29, 2019
    mab8400 and FluteVegetables like this.
  6. No this is the official definition:
    "Cross-Teaming:
    Creating a team in a game with more than 2 teams that is above the default team limit for that game."

A friend explained a while ago to me this example:
    "One way is via the ratio (6 hiders to 1 hunter or something like that) or the maximum amount of players in a lobby (20 for hiders and 23 for hunters)"

Posted Oct 29, 2019
  7. Teaming in block hunt isn't bannable to my knowledge because there isn't a real definition for teaming as it's a 2 team game. It would be impossible to moderate if it were punishable because of multiple factors of like "it can be coincidence" or they didn't know that was a player etc. I do see why you think it should be though and I understand that but again it's not currently and that is for the reason why.

Posted Oct 30, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  8. That's the definition of cross-teaming. There is also a definition for normal teaming above that in the rules, although it does say that it only counts for solo games. However, I think this is an issue with the rules. As long as a few hiders die, it's supposedly okay for hunters to help the hiders since they don't make the teams go above the default limit? Yet it's clearly teaming/trolling as you're helping the hiders and stopping your team from being able to win? This should be changed since currently you can blatantly team and ruin the game for the hunters yet not be punished for it?

It may be impossible to moderate for all cases, but I've been in games where it's so obvious that they know it's a hider and they're helping them. Especially when I've been in lobbies with people on the block hunt leaderboards or have 1000s of wins, the idea of them not knowing that this chicken on a roof or in a tree only accessible through parkour that they're standing in front of and protecting isn't a hider is preposterous. Obviously, if there's a hunter standing in front of a flowerpot on the ground somewhere, then that's clearly more difficult to discern if they're teaming or not, but by and large, it's really clear if someone's doing it on purpose. I think if that's the only reason why it's not currently punishable then that's something that should be discussed.

Posted Oct 30, 2019
  9. No the real reason why it's not punishable is because it's a 2 team game. There isn't a definition of teaming in Block hunt because of this. That is the real reason it's not punishable from what I know of, I do see your point however but there isn't much we can currently do about it sadly :c

Posted Oct 30, 2019
    Xukuwu likes this.
  10. I'll repeat it again, if you practice on maps in an mps with friends, you can get past the annoyance of these things. Have one friend go hider and go to some spot. Then have a hunter stand directly on top. I know you're against hitboxes, but use them to see the chicken hitbox and shoot an arrow at the exposed... Maybe find another angle to land the shot. If you practice this it'll become second nature.

It's not very toxic unless the person teaming says those toxic things. When I'm not being killed by Espers and hackers, I'm able to have conversations with my friends that I don't tend to talk to. It's how we maintain friendships whilst playing our favorite game on our not as favored maps.

Posted Oct 30, 2019
  11. I see your frustration

Posted Oct 30, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  12. I see your frustration

Posted Oct 30, 2019
  13. Cross teaming is when 2 teams make an alliance against other teams, with that team having a greater number of players than the other ones. Considering there are only 2 teams in BH, and you need 3 to cross team, it's not possible.

Not killing others doesn't do anything, at worse it's neutral to the advancement of the game. I'm pretty sure standing in the way to protect a hider on purpose is considered and punished under gameplay trolling. However there is a slight issue with that rule:

There is no real way to prove that someone is "purposely" trying to protect someone else, unless that person is literally standing on the hider. It isn't uncommon to see a hunter randomly afk in a tree, either not knowing that there is a hider nearby, or knowing but not intending to be in the line of sight.

We are well aware of this problem. We discussed it within BH community & GI, and we agreed that in the next update (hopefully), it should be made so that hunter's arrows go through other hunters, and hider's arrows go through other hiders. This should solve the issue.

Posted Oct 31, 2019
  14. I understand that there is not much you can do. However, I can say with confidence that I have plenty of evidence and video recordings of all-time leaderboard players teaming with others; l can show anybody these videos if they want. It is so obvious what is happening when you watch, it just seems so wrong and unfair that people are just trying to play the game and then some team ruins it..
    --- Post updated ---
    I can easily show you some videos of how obvious it is. It is provable unless you are denying basic logic, you can see them saying "Hey so and so" and shifting right next to them. If you say you cant believe it, you are simply lying.
    --- Post updated ---
    I can easily show you some videos of how obvious it is. It is provable unless you are denying basic logic, you can see them saying "Hey so and so" and shifting next them and just messing around.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 31, 2019
  15. This must be frustrating for you. I give my sympathies to you.

Posted Oct 31, 2019
  16. Because the rule is not applicable in 2 team games.

Posted Oct 31, 2019
  17. Who cares if it isnt applicable? Who cares what a pdf document says? It's about what's fair.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 31, 2019
  18. Is it really that unfair? Someone on your team cannot really actively hurt you without team trolling, which is punishable. Honestly, the worst they can really do is not help you.

Posted Oct 31, 2019
  19. I'm sorry can someone please tell me if I'm wrong but the rules have a pretty clear distinction between teaming and cross-teaming. While yes, under cross-teaming it specifically mentions the need for more than 2 teams, under teaming, it only says what I copied and that doesn't specify any need for more than 2 teams. I quoted the description of the "teaming" rule from the rules and you're rejecting that by stating the requirement for something to be punished as "cross-teaming". So it would be punished as "teaming" but not "cross-teaming".

Posted Oct 31, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.
  20. You missed the last part.

It wouldn't be punishable.

Posted Oct 31, 2019
    Xukuwu likes this.