• 997 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10419 Players Online
  • 9422 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Making Bedrock More Independant

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Jet Starglaze, Apr 16, 2021.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes!

2. No (comment why)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I feel bad for @gyro ad he's probably working bon stop and he just has too much to do he can't follow the due dates. But skyblock isn't coming back for awhile

Posted Apr 21, 2021
    BookishMage3816 likes this.
  2. Yes, smaller updates of things that are actually seen would be preferable at this point. If an update is pushed and fixes a bug and the player base isn't told then you've gained no credibility.

The first priority is making sure bugs are fixed. So fix them in a game, push them, and tell us what was fixed. "Hey, progress was made!" Move on to the next game.

Planning a giant update that take a year to develop across multiple games loses players in the interim. Games get stale. The meta is settled. It gets subjected to feature creep. It gets subjected to increasing criticism by the community. And the admins, mods, and developers become increasingly alienated from the community

It's not unreasonable for the community to say "hey, take away the skyblock message, it's misleading." Nor is it unreasonable to say "deliver updates within a reasonable time, or promise less - but don't make us wait for bug fixes." The solution remains to scale back or hire more. Or at the very least communicate better.

Posted Apr 22, 2021
    Cheezeburgerfan likes this.
  3. Lmao nice joke

Posted Apr 22, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  4. Literally y'all just have to post job offerings on the spigot forums and get hundreds of responses with a wide range of abilities - especially considering most MP devs are from spigot anyway.

It really is that easy. There's no excuse. (although y'all might want to mention your hours and salary somewhere)

Posted Apr 22, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  5. Never was a joke :/

Posted Apr 22, 2021
  6. Sorry:/ but still won't come out anytime soon (soon means within the next year)

Posted Apr 22, 2021
  7. There's only so much our Bedrock Dev team can do, especially since now it looks like we only have 1 person for Bedrock.
    Events and Giveaways - If you're talking about "events" as in the ones hosted by the Events Team, we would love to host more of those events, but we are limited on what we can do because we do not have an event server like we do on Java and we rely heavily on our ES Admin to give us what we need on Bedrock because we do not have permissions to do so. If you meant "events" as in the winter event thing with special prizes and stuff, I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate to see those make a return or even happen every season/every other season. As for giveaways, there have been giveaways for Bedrock and Java, so I'm not entirely sure where/why you don't see any or believe there are none.
    Linking Discord - Java players can only link their Discord if they have Immortal. Since Bedrock does not have a subscription rank, we don't really see the purpose or fairness in having a 1 time paid rank be able to do so. We also would like to keep Immortal special in this aspect, so if Bedrock were to ever have a subscription rank I'm sure we'd love to add it to the Discord.
    Skins and Stats - This one actually relies on our Web Developer and partially a Bedrock Dev too. We have been making improvements and steps on our end to make linking Bedrock skins and stats much easier in the backend. We really do want to be able to give the Bedrock people skins and stats here on the website and it is planned to do so. It was just a hard thing to do back then and is still a hard thing to do currently, so it needed some extra time via a web dev to do so. Worry not though, they've been working on it.
    Groups - The highest-paid rank for Bedrock and Java has been able to make groups for a while. The highest Bedrock rank was added to be able to make groups in December of 2019, so it's been a while and is definitely not a recent thing.

Posted Apr 23, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  8. Personally, I haven't played mineplex for a while (feel free to yell at me, I deserve it) simply because nothing really ever changes. Things are pretty much always the same, and the only changes are usually bug fixes. Honestly, I would enjoy Bedrock having more updates and stuff, and also a more established community. I think this sounds like a great idea!

Posted Apr 23, 2021
  9. The funny thing is, this one phrase is repeated a million times, but even if i go to the "jobs" part of the forums, guess what? front end bedrock dev isnt even listed! people say is hard to find devs, i mean i guess it would be if you dont even have the position available to apply in the one place that potential devs might look!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 25, 2021
    MaybeMulti likes this.
  10. Hello guys, regarding updates I think you have to be patient, since on other servers it can take up to two years to launch or correct a game since bedrock is full of bugs that can even be very drastic and on the other hand , Bedrock has the C ++ language and this language is more difficult to program things than in Java, since you have to do several things to make a small command and also how the applicator changes can act towards the players, that is, when the command is finished it is tested and if it has no faults, it is packed with the others and then it is tested again to see what changes occur and so on.
    One thing they should do is launch a beta games section, as it speeds up the process of finding and / or fixing bugs with the help of the community and also helps developers to finish the game sooner.

Posted Apr 25, 2021
  11. That's because it's not called front-end dev. It's called "Plugin Developer" - that job is the one to work on cosmetics, games, etc.. But yea, it doesn't say they're looking for bedrock edition people which might be deterrent. Although, it could just be a mishap on their part (maybe left it out on accident).

Posted Apr 25, 2021
  12. Its been like that since last year, maybe even earlier, i've never seen that page change. Every time we bring slow updates up, we get the one dev response but how are potential devs supposed to know that the position is available? noone new is going to know about it and apply, so that page should be updated asap, THEN when mods say we only have one dev, we can be hopeful that new devs will apply. we've been getting false hope this whole time, that we might get a new dev.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 25, 2021
    MaybeMulti and Diego0160 like this.
  13. ^^bump^^

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 29, 2021
  14. Even if it isn't listed people are still free to apply. (at least that's what I've been told before)

Posted Apr 29, 2021
  15. the problem with that is that if u were a coder looking for a job coding on mineplex bedrock, and you went to the jobs page, and it wasent listed, would you still apply? if they dont even know its open, how are new devs meant to come in.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 29, 2021
    Cheezeburgerfan likes this.