• 632 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9070 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Malwarebytes sees mineplex.com as a virus + how to access it even when blocked

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by EnderNator10, Aug 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. So i whas trying to access mineplex to my suprise my malwarebytes blocked access to the site:
    [​IMG]
    so here a little tutorial how to add exclusions:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    after that the page shuld look like this:
    [​IMG]

Posted Aug 8, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  2. This is a helpful guide for those who are having this issue. Thanks for putting this together :)

-Kyuine

Posted Aug 8, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 8, 2019
  3. np

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 8, 2019
  4. Unfortunately, Malwarebytes gets it wrong sometimes. I also have Malwarebytes, and as soon as I got the alert, I whitelisted it and reported the website for not actually being a PUP, hopefully, we will have this fixed soon and there will be no need to whitelist Mineplex!

~Thunderbelly

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  5. It is weird that we're being flagged as a malicious website, as that isn't the case at all. As the user above said, Malwarebytes often gets websites wrong sometimes, which may have been the case here. Hopefully, it can be fixed. For those who also use Malwarebytes, this is a wonderful guide to help show them how to do it properly and not have it flagged anymore.

Thread Moved to Mineplex Guides.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    TheProTroller likes this.
  6. My Malwarebytes also detected Mineplex as a PUP but I have also whitelisted this. If you have Malwarebytes it would be nice if you guys report the website as a non-PUP.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  7. It's just a false positive, unless what is actually causing the issue can be identified, there isn't much that can be done except to whitelist the site.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  8. Hey there!

Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention! However, I really don't see why mineplex.com is flagged as a malicious website. There's really nothing to it to make it even slightly malicious. As @Caameronn stated, hopefully, it'll get fixed soon! I've used this AntiVirus Software before and it's pretty good, but flagging mineplex.com was probably a small mistake.

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

:mineplex:

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  9. Also might be due to an expired or invalid certificate, but I know little on that and that's more @Wanderer 's thing

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Caameronn likes this.
  10. Malwarebytes can be a little bit picky sometimes because they'd think this website was malicious. It happens when I browse on my computer. I'm glad that you created a quick guide on how to access the Mineplex forums properly, which helps the other players. Hopefully, Malwarebytes will take care of the issues when the other users were accessing the forums site.

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  11. I used to have Malwarebytes and I had this problem aswell. However, it is no longer on this pc, and have no problems with the site to do with PUP. The site is perfectly safe, and used by thousands of users everyday.

Have a good day,

-Wand

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  12. Hold up,
    If people are reading this then they’re on the website, and this is a guide on how to get on to the website...
    Great guide but a little bit pointless in my eyes.

-kzna

Posted Sep 24, 2019
  13. I don't use this antivirus so I can't comment on the topic itself, but from the first screenshot you can see that there is an option to "continue to the site anyway", but it will continue to show this screen in the future. This is more of a guide to avoid having to do that.

Posted Sep 24, 2019