• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion map feedback

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ArxCitadel, Jan 20, 2020.

?

do you like this idea?

1. yes

2. no (explain why)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. hey again,

sorry for posting two threads, but i had a really good idea i wanted to share with you guys.

i know some maps in certain games can get a lot of hate, so i came up with an idea:
    after you play a game on a certain map, a little chat box would come up saying:
    "you recently played the map [mapname], what did you think of it? [1★] [2★] [3★] [4★] [5★]"

you could vote 1 star - 5 stars, and maybe after a while a really downvoted map can be removed. just a thought.
    thanks for reading!~

-arx

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  2. I think Mineplex actually used to have this implemented but it got removed. I think. either that or I'm thinking of server who must not be named. Anyway I think that would be a fantastic idea, because there's some maps (*cough* Candyland *cough*) that not a ton of people like, and would probably appreciate being removed or replaced.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  3. This idea has been suggested before. You can read that thread here if you want to see other people's opinions on the idea.

Personally, I don't like the idea because there is already a multitude of ways to report issues with maps or provide feedback on them. Also, Mineplex tracks what maps are voted for with the current system, and so the build team can see what maps aren't voted for and therefore aren't very popular, so adding this rating feature would be redundant.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  4. A few threads have been made about voting on maps, it was denied because you can already vote for maps and there isn't a reason to add it.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  5. It does seem like an idea that has been done elsewhere, however, I think that it's a good idea. I think that even rewarding people for making this survey possible and giving the stats of the map. I think this is a good QoL change that could be added onto the network so I think it is a good idea, thank you for suggesting it!

+1

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    stinkiy likes this.
  6. There are some maps that I like more than others and there is some that I just don't enjoy at all. I really like the idea to give maps a rating out of 5 in order to see whether the community likes it or not. The players will be able to play on maps that they actually like rather than something they don't. I think that after playing on a map once it should show the chat/survey for players to vote and should not appear again. I do think though, that the low star rated maps shouldn't be completely removed but kept in MPS for players that did enjoy it. I also think I'd be horrible to just remove a map someone spent so much time and work on. I'm honestly in the middle with this idea for that reason.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  7. Heyo!

I don't see a point for this as we already have a system where it shows the top voted map and that's so the build team can tell which maps are favorited by the community. Almost every year, I believe a bunch of maps get removed based on community feedback from bug reports and issues like that. Also, our map testing team makes sure that the map is ready for release before the map actually gets released and trust me, those people on the Map Testing Team are very professional and very picky, they almost never miss an issue! So, for all those reasons, I don't really see a need for this!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  8. i see your point, and thanks for the feedback :)
    i just thought it would be a nice efficient way to vote for maps without going on the forums, where you can just vote 1-5 ingame. again, thanks for your input <3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 20, 2020
    spikecreates likes this.
  9. No problem! Definitely see where your coming from, who knows, this could happen in the future!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    ArxCitadel likes this.
  10. i loved the sw map candyland :(

adding to the thread, I feel like this could be a great idea for people to have more in a say on the maps. I would for sure use this feature in almost every game.

+1
    -Monkqy

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  11. Hi!

I've seen this idea presented in a variety of forms in the past, and I think that right now that build team already receives enough feedback on live maps.

As of now, we can access the data received from voting for a map before every game. You give us your input every time you vote for your favorite map for a gamemode. We know a map is less liked when it is the lowest voted map. The mechanism you are suggesting is essentially already in existence. The extra 1-5 star rating range wouldn't give a significant amount of new data for us.

Additionally, the Build Team is always taking in feedback from the community. We process Map Issues provided to us from a variety of sources (whether it be through an official bug report, PMs, our Map Testing Team, GI, or other locations) to ensure our maps our staying up to standard. Whenever a new map goes live we always keep an eye open for issues and feedback. Some of these will get fixed or improved up to an acceptable standard. Other times, we'll just remove the map altogether. In 2019 we removed over 100 maps from the server and patched close to 1000 total issues, so this is an active process we are constantly working on (you can find that information here).

Every so often our build leads get together and do "map purges". This is essentially when they go through some of the gamemodes with the most maps and remove ones that no longer meet our standard. While less often, this also helps us maintain high standards on our maps.

So in short, I don't think further insight on map voting is necessary. We've got a wide variety of channels already at our disposal (including per-existing map voting data).

(I wrote a similar post for a similar idea awhile back. If you want to read a little bit more on it you can find that here).

Posted Jan 20, 2020