• 731 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12426 Players Online
  • 11695 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Java Map Submission Competition Results 2020 + Community Map Update! - 3/7/20

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by dutty, Mar 8, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

Hey guys! It's finally time to announce the winners of the Map Submissions Competition 2020! Thank you to everyone who participated and congratulations to those who had an accepted map; you will receive something special, no matter the outcome of the results!

Before we give you the breakdown; here's a list of the new maps!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the moment you've been waiting for.

All three Build Leads voted, giving a score out of a total 30 points on every map. After adding up the scores for every individual map, here are the results. I'd like you all to join me in congratulating, not only all entries of the competition, but the following ultimate winners!

Highest Scoring Overall
    (Out of 30)
    1st:
    Gladiators - Castaway Cove - rqil, joshuqrt & TeaIsSpilled
    Score: 24.00
    Exclusive "Map Master" Forum Badge
    "Master of Maps" In-Game Title
    5x Omega Chests
    3x Illuminated Chests
    3x Game Amplifiers

2nd:
    Super Paintball - Pyromancer's Terrace - Flout
    Score: 23.83
    3x Illuminated Chests
    3x Game Amplifiers

3rd:
    Nano Games [MineKart] - Natural High - Phoenix Sky
    Score: 23.17
    2x Illuminated Chests
    2x Game Amplifiers

Highest Scoring Aesthetics
    (Out of 10)
    1st:
    Nano Games [MineKart] - Natural High - Phoenix Sky
    Score: 9.00
    5x Omega Chests
    3x Illuminated Chests
    3x Game Amplifiers

2nd:
    Score: 8.33
    3x Illuminated Chests
    3x Game Amplifiers

3rd:
    Score: 7.83
    2x Illuminated Chests
    2x Game Amplifiers

Highest Scoring Gameplay
    (Out of 10)
    1st:
    Score: 7.50
    5x Omega Chests
    3x Illuminated Chests
    3x Game Amplifiers

2nd:
    Score: 7.17
    3x Illuminated Chests
    3x Game Amplifiers

3rd:
    Super Paintball - Movie Night - AloiseWipp, HaleyWipp, toriwipp & Yuilia
    Score: 7.00
    2x Illuminated Chests
    2x Game Amplifiers

Highest Scoring Effort
    (Out of 10)
    1st:
    Score: 9.00
    5x Omega Chests
    3x Illuminated Chests
    3x Game Amplifiers

2nd:
    Score: 8.00
    3x Illuminated Chests
    3x Game Amplifiers

3rd:
    Minestrike - Seaside - A_Platypus
    Score: 7.83
    2x Illuminated Chests
    2x Game Amplifiers

Most Creative Theme
    (Voted unanimously by Build Leads)
    9:25
    1st:
    Super Paintball - Movie Night - AloiseWipp, HaleyWipp, toriwipp & Yuilia
    5x Omega Chests
    3x Illuminated Chests
    3x Game Amplifiers

2nd:
    Skywars - A Stonehenge Conspiracy... - rqil
    3x Illuminated Chests
    3x Game Amplifiers

3rd:
    Nano Games [Dropper] - Tetromino Chaos - KilledByVoid & Zomaholic
    2x Illuminated Chests
    2x Game Amplifiers

Most Unique Gameplay
    (Voted unanimously by Build Leads)
    1st:
    Turf Wars - Coastal Cliffs - ItzCqnadian
    5x Omega Chests
    3x Illuminated Chests
    3x Game Amplifiers

2nd:
    3x Illuminated Chests
    3x Game Amplifiers

3rd:
    Minestrike - Marshes - ItzCqnadian
    2x Illuminated Chests
    2x Game Amplifiers

Congratulations to all of you!

In addition, everyone who got an accepted map will receive x1 Illuminated Chest per map.

We've enjoyed all of your submissions; thank you to everyone who partook and congratulations to all of the winners! We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did and we hope to see you continue to submit maps in the future!

You should receive your prizes within the next few days, if you have not already. Enjoy!

mineplex.com/mapsubmissions ♥ - ♥

Posted Mar 8, 2020
    Evence, Fallen, BaconAnEggs and 17 others like this.
  2. Nice maps and congrats to the winners! Enjoyed the map testing comedy experience as well and can't wait for more maps to come \o/

Posted Mar 8, 2020
    Fallen likes this.
  3. Ayeee!!! GG!

Congrats to the winners!

~ Zom

Posted Mar 8, 2020
  4. another amazing map update
    nice mineplex now every 2 second update Its really good now players just join and noit leave the sevrer good job!

Posted Mar 8, 2020
    Monkqy likes this.
  5. Congrats everybody!

Posted Mar 8, 2020
  6. Congrats!! Awesome to see new maps :D

Posted Mar 8, 2020
  7. Congrats everyone!! Must say @neotheater and @Islendingurinn had an incredible map!! Absolutely love the Viking/medieval theme

Posted Mar 8, 2020
  8. Nice to see yet another map update so soon after the last one was just released!

I'm really happy to see the new SSM and MS maps even though I probably won't get a chance to play on them for a long time. I especially like the seaside map, mostly because of how unique it's theme is and how it differs from every other MS map. Also cool to see maps like Viking Battleground and Movie Night go live as well!

Finally, congrats to all of the submission competition winners! It was fun seeing all different type of maps get submitted and tested and I'm happy with how it turned out in the end!

Posted Mar 8, 2020
    Fallen and WowCaleb like this.
  9. Congrats to all of the competition winners, and also to those who got their maps accepted as it is just as fulfilling to see your very own work on the server! I'm impressed with Natural High by @PhoenixSky as the aesthetics are unbelievable and I can't wait to try it out for myself, which will probably be very soon seeing as I'm an active Nano Games player. There is an adventurous sense to this map so I'll pretend I'm saving Peach from Bowser.

While I do not play some of the other games as much, I can still appreciate the effort that went into maps like Viking Battleground by @Islendingurinn and @neotheater as well as creative choices such as Movie Night. These are all justly rewarded in the results of the map submissions competition which is why I can't wait to jump straight into playing them!

Posted Mar 8, 2020
  10. Congrats to everyone!

I'm really proud to see Viking Battleground just on the server! Honestly I am so so happy and proud. My favourite map that I have seen so far is SSSnake! I love the snakes they're super cool and detailed and I can't wait to play it properly:))

Posted Mar 8, 2020
    Im_Ken, xSalted and Klobby like this.
  11. Posted Mar 8, 2020
  12. Yay, another map update and finally long-awaited results of build competition. Congrats everyone who got any prize places, good job on that! I hope you enjoy your prizes and this competition overall.

What's about maps, they are cool enough. As usually, MTT did a great job on testing all these new maps, as well as the community members (mostly) who built them and maybe spent a lot of days on it. Your work is appreciated.

We haven't had new maps for MS and SSM for a while and finally, we got new maps. Players of these games will be glad to see the addition of new maps.

Personally, myself, I mostly liked the following maps:
    - Tetromino Chaos (Nano - Dropper): Actually I even got a chance to see that before releasing on @Zom's Build Server and it looked nice there | Glad to see it was released;
    - Forgotten Stones (SSM);
    - Where'd The Witch Go (SS): Mostly for its name);
    - Sssnake (CW).

Great job everyone who contributed to today's map update! Keep up doing your best!

Posted Mar 8, 2020
    Zomaholic, xSalted and Im_Ken like this.
  13. Congrats to everyone! The maps submitted this year look really, really cool, and everyone who worked hard to submit them deserves credit for their effort. Testing the maps was also pretty fun too; and I'd have to say I'm a fan of the Skywars map made by @neotheater as well as the Nano Dropper map made by Zom and Void (which I was impressed by a lot during testing, as I thought it was pretty creative). Castaway Cove was a really fun map to try out too, and was deserving of number one spot (good job pace, tea and Josh!) Overall, a solid update from everyone, and keep up the good work! :D

Posted Mar 8, 2020
    neotheater ツ likes this.
  14. Very awesome map update. Congratulations to all who got an accepted map and especially to those who placed in the contest!

Posted Mar 8, 2020
    Klobby likes this.
  15. Congrats, I particularly like the look of the Cake Wars map and am looking forward to playing it. :) :sigils:

Posted Mar 8, 2020
  16. ya'll misspelled my name LOOOOL "by Float"
    love you guys and gg on the map creators, everyone did an amazing job! good luck next year guys!

Posted Mar 8, 2020
    Ian923 likes this.
  17. Can't wait to play those new paintball maps, they look great. Good job to my friends Yuilia, itzcqnadian, and flout, your maps all looks great.

Posted Mar 8, 2020
    Shadowxore and xGetRekted like this.
  18. We love to see it! Great job everyone! This was an awesome competition, it's was amazing to see all the participants!

Posted Mar 8, 2020
  19. Ayee!! Thank you <33

Posted Mar 8, 2020
    Evgeen likes this.