• 342 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7402 Players Online
  • 7060 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Master Builders New Version?

Discussion in 'Master Builders' started by ShadowWolfZoe, Apr 11, 2020.

1. I was talking with a few people and we were all coming up with some ways to improve Master Builders. Here are all the listed ways we think could help.

More Time:
    While 5 minutes is a lot of time the game just feels like speed builders and over half your time is wasted just trying to find blocks and navigate the creative inventory. There's often a lot of unfinished builds. I believe master builders should have a bit more time, maybe anywhere from 7-9 minutes to build. That way everyone could get the chance to build something.

More Themes:
    Throughout my time of playing, I have yet to see some themes I feel should be added. Like a cute/kawaii theme, a food theme, and potentially some water-based themes as well.

/ground command:
    I feel like this command should work with thinks like water//lava and a few blocks which for some reason it doesn't work with. This would help with any water-based themes or island themes. Lava could help for any Volcano build themes. Though the negative it could cause some lag issues and also a few trollers who would take the opportunity of having lava to make a mess of there plot.

Pro Mode:
    This is a thing for many java servers but not for any bedrock servers. Pro mode would basically add more time and more challenging themes. I feel this version of the game could maybe be for the better builders of the game who want a bit more of a challenge.

Lastly Teams Mode:
    I definitely think if there was a team mode for Master Builders it would help quite a lot. Who doesn't want to take on their opponents with a fierce building teammate at there side? I think this could also help with some more creative ideas.

~Zoe~

Posted Apr 11, 2020
    Arianna ♡ likes this.
  2. I definitely agree with you here. I've always felt as though there isn't enough time to build. I don't play it often- but when I have I did notice that the time was a bit short. I've found myself creating a nice and very detailed build, but having to cut it short due to time. It also creates pressure on people in a sense, as they have to finish their builds in such a short time frame. And I do agree that when people don't finish their builds, it isn't fair to judge them. I think if the time frame was longer, it would improve a lot, and make the quality of people's builds better. Sometimes I believe that people's builds aren't the best they can be due to them rushing to fit things in. Overall, I definitely agree with this idea.
    Although I don't play Master Builders that much, I have noticed that there are a lack of themes. There are a decent amount, but I would definitely like to see more. Then again, it isn't crucial to add more, but it would definitely bring more players to the game. I don't really have any objections here, other than that it isn't necessary to add. I wouldn't mind seeing it added however.

I'm half and half on this idea. I do like the idea of allowing water and lava as the floor, as sometimes it is necessary for some builds. I do think it would also make water based builds a bit easier. But I could see it causing potential problems. I think that lag might be increased if this were added, and I do agree that trolling could possibly occur. There may be people that will just use this option negatively. Overall, it's a nice idea, but I'm not entirely sure I would like to see it added.

Again, I can't really decide which way to go on this one. I do like the idea of giving players a bit of a challenge, but I can see some potential problems here. I feel like if this were added, people might play it over the regular version, or not play it at all. When making new game modes, the idea is to create games that people will play. Adding another version might drag players away from the normal version. Or people might not play it. That's really my major concern with this one. Although, it may work out, and there may be no issues, but I'm just thinking ahead.

I think this might make a good addition to the server. I know many people have wanted this to be added, and I can't really see any negative sides to it, although I do have the same concerns I did for Pro Mode. And if both of these were to be added, it may divide the playerbase by a lot. Overall, it is a nice idea, and I guess it could potentially work out.

Thanks for suggesting these ideas! Overall, you did have some excellent ideas that I could really see being implemented.

Posted Apr 11, 2020
    ShadowWolfZoe likes this.
  3. Ah yes, everything you said I completely understand could be an issue. Some of them I even stated.

I understand your concern with the players leaving the original for the pro-mode. Maybe to combat this they could introduce a system sorta like the achievements system where they make you play so many normal Master Builders games or something of the sort.

As for the multiplayer, I believe master builders could sustain itself on bedrock as a multiplayer and single-player game. CakeWars, Survival Games, and Sky Wars all sustain themselves. Bedrock has quite a large player base so I believe it could withhold itself.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 11, 2020
    Arianna ♡ and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  4. Honestly something needs to be done about troll builds. My only time playing this game was trying to win for the advent calendar event. I lost my first two games to a field of fire and swastikas and to a massive soviet flag. I then gave up trying to actually play the game right and won by threatening to remove people knees.

Posted Apr 11, 2020
    ShadowWolfZoe likes this.
  5. I agree with your concern trolls need to be prevented some way also. :D So far in my time playing I haven't encountered any trolls (Luckily) but I can understand your frustration.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 11, 2020
    Arianna ♡ likes this.