• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9092 Players Online
  • 6202 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Master Builders voting system.

Discussion in 'Master Builders' started by Catlover0526, May 25, 2020.

1. Hello, I play Minecraft on bedrock but this could be for both bedrock and java edition because they both have Master Builders. In the game lobby there should be a menu where we could vote for a theme of what we’d build because often when I played the themes were so random we found a new game with a different one. There could be a list of four or five themes to pick from and the one with the highest vote could be the theme of the round and if there was a tie it could just be randomly selected between the winners.

Posted May 25, 2020
    Specy and PureSimple like this.
  2. Hey I think this could be a really neat idea and could give the players a chance to build what they want rather than it being completely random.
    +1

Posted May 25, 2020
    aiirr likes this.
  3. I personally agree with this, I rarely ever play Master Builders but when I do I would much rather be able to vote on something than having a random theme. I found this thread in specific if you want to read what other people had to say, for the most part it was +1's all around. It's the same exact idea, but it was denied by GI due to the fact if you implemented a voting system for themes, it would just lead to simpler themes being chosen and a lot of repetitive games. So in short, without the voting system the randomized themes allow for a continuously 'new' and 'exciting' game every time because you don't know what to expect. I'm a little 50/50 though, I think being able to vote would be a nice aspect to the game, but I do see how it could make the game repetitive with people voting for the same, familiar themes over and over.

Posted May 25, 2020,
    Last edited May 25, 2020
  4. Hi! I personally like this idea quite a bit. I play a bit of Master Builders from time to time, and sometimes the themes given are themes that neither me or some other players are able to build or build well enough. Some of the themes are also rather on the complicated side of the scale as well. It would also give players the chance to build their favorite themes, and more players would have a chance to amazing builds. Maps on Java have a voting system, so this would be a neat addition to Master Builders. However, a question I'd like to ask is what would it look like, and what slot in the inventory would it go into? There would be a repeat of simpler themes though, as aiirr stated above. Overall, I think this is a great idea and would be interesting to see in a future update. With that being said, have a wonderful day!

Posted May 25, 2020
  5. Hey!
    I defiantly agree with this idea! When I play Master Builders you never know what you can expect for the theme and sometimes they are really difficult which makes me leave and search for another game. I really think if players were given the time right before the game started to vote for a theme out of 5, games could go really well because everyone would wanna build it and it would show that they have a say :D

+1 idea

Posted May 25, 2020
  6. I used to play Master Builders a fair bit going back around 6-7 months ago with some friends, or sometimes alone. It's honesty a super fun and enjoyable game mode that definitely could do with some changes to improve the gameplay. I must say that I love this idea, there have been a number of times where I myself or others in my game have left due to a theme being selected that isn't popular or not liked by the players. Adding in a theme voter would not only reduce the chances or the amount of players that leave, but it would also mean that a majority of the players in that game are playing the theme they find most interesting/fun out of the selections. I'd love to see this come to both Bedrock and Java, and I don't see any reasons as to why it shouldn't be implemented.

+1

Posted May 25, 2020
    MaybeTay (HeyItsTay_) likes this.
  7. I love this idea. I feel like it has been suggested before, but it needs to be implemented. It would just make the game more enjoyable. As long as there are 30-50 themes and new themes coming monthly, I think it would keep the game fun and fresh. I like the list of 4-5 themes to vote for before the game starts, this is a good amount of themes. I don't see anything wrong with this as long as more themes are added monthly or every 2-3 months, to keep the themes relevant and interesting.

Posted May 25, 2020
  8. This idea has been suggested before in a previous forum post and it has been denied by the Mineplex GI. To quote my old post about this; "I do not think voting for a theme should be implemented because it just does not seem necessary. I like being able to go into a game of build battle and have themes randomly selected that might be more difficult for me because it's better to practice these difficult themes and sometimes I end up doing really well on a theme I thought I'd be horrible at. I like how the theme is just randomly selected because if the theme was based on voting like most servers then I'll always end up building easy themes that people choose. Nice idea but it is just not for me." Sorry.

Posted May 25, 2020
  9. Heyo!

This would be a great idea. Sometimes the builds are a little weird, and some players might end up leaving because they didn't get the build theme they wanted. Having a voting system like this would help players vote on the build theme they want. Thanks! for the idea, and if it's not too much of a hassle to add, then there doesn't seem like there is anything wrong with the idea. Thanks! Have a great week! :)

+1

Posted May 25, 2020
  10. I personally disagree with this. I play a lot of Master Builders and part of why I love it so much is the randomness of the themes. It adds a challenging aspect to the game that I really enjoy. Yeah, I can see why some people might want to vote for a theme, but personally I’d rather just keep it as it is. Plus, I do believe this has already been denied by Game Insights (don’t quote me on that, though). Nice idea, but unfortunately I disagree. -1

Posted May 25, 2020