• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6862 Players Online
  • 3972 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mature Crafter (Never to old for Minecraft)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bromley Raven, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Hey everyone. Im just a few days away from being 42 yes (FortyTwo). I have been playing Minecraft for many years. Spent the last year playing with my eldest daughter who has just turned 13 and one of her best friends, building a world in our own realms. Now teaching my youngest who is 4 how to play MC. I have been playing Mineplex on and off over the last year or so. Loving Dragon on mineplex at present, so funny to play.

Any other mature gamers out there?

I grew up playing a Commodore VIC-20, Spectrum 128k and Amiga 500, 500plus, 600 and 1200. Use PC and tablets for games but due to having young family I game when I can rather than when I want to.

Look out for me, happy to game with anyone spend a lot of my time laughing at what goes on in mineplex. Bit like Dan TDM really.

Thanks for reading, see you laters fellow crafters.

Mark (Bromley Raven)

Posted Oct 15, 2018
  2. Dude - I know some 60 and 70 year olds that play..... I'm an adult with kids older than yours, though I'm a little bit younger.

I say, adults, let's take over minecraft lol.... more power to you man.
    Welcome to Mineplex. And Happy EARLY Birthday

Posted Oct 15, 2018
    Bromley Raven likes this.
  3. I really like that there are adults that play this game, and I'd love if some of those people became staff too because usually older people are more mature and can help the community a lot. I don't find it weird at all, to me age doesn't matter for entertainment.

Posted Oct 15, 2018
  4. I'm 22. Not nearly as mature as you are, but still twice as old as what I feel the average player is.

Posted Oct 15, 2018
  5. I believe Staff Management (formerly Moderator Coordination) used to have a 54 year old woman on the team. I've only heard anecdotes about her, would be appreciated if someone remembers more details.

I am still a rather average teenage player, but it is fun to see adults take on the challenges of Minecraft and gaming in general as well. I wish I had a cool dad that I could play Mineplex with together, haha. Your daughter is one lucky girl.

Hoping to see you around sometime, have a good day.

Posted Oct 15, 2018
  6. Cool to know people of all ages play and shows what minecraft is all about. If you see me about in mineplex we will do some games together. Thanks everyone.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 16, 2018
  7. Very dangerous to have really old and really young people on the same team, personality clashes and awkward interaction aplenty as well as the risk of illegal activity being high in such a community, I wouldn't encourage it.

Posted Oct 16, 2018
    Thenorn likes this.
  8. Wrong

Weird

Disturbing

Posted Oct 17, 2018,
    Last edited Oct 17, 2018
    joshbet9 likes this.
  9. A lot of families play minecraft so although you make a good point It comes down to an individual how they act. You will find idiots of all ages spoiling it for the rest. Most people are cool enough to see what people are all about.
    --- Post updated ---
    Please elaborate Trunks. You have an issue with a Dad and Daughter playing a little computer game together? Or you don't think Dragon's is funny? :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 17, 2018
  10. He has a problem with mature people joining a community full of children, just a question of values really. There's no logical problem with it, it just feels wrong. I'm inclined to agree with Eugeo.

Posted Oct 17, 2018
    Trunks likes this.
  11. I mean, shouldn't a responsible father work hard so that their kids don't live in bad conditions, not waste "years" on a game like you said? And if you really want to bond with your kids, why not instead of wasting bonding time in a virtual game, make real, fun memories together so that when your daughter and son are all grown up, they won't just remember that they only played mc with you and that's it. That being said, they should also play games, but you shouldn't let them waste their entire childhood on a game. I'm 100% sure that when I get older, I'm going to regret wasting my life here grinding up to level 100, 1000 wins in different games, etc. It's just something to consider, you wouldn't want your kids to only have online friends. But hey that's just me ig:sigils_down:

Posted Oct 17, 2018
    joshbet9 likes this.
  12. ngl I'd be concerned if I was playing Minecraft with my best friend's father lol

Posted Oct 17, 2018
    Trunks likes this.
  13. The most I know is people who are about 20-25 who work with the server, never heard of people 30+ years of age in the staff team or build team.

Posted Oct 17, 2018
  14. dunno how old is considered mature but im pretty sure there are more older players than younger players lol

Posted Oct 18, 2018
  15. I would not say a few hours a week is wasting time. We do tones of other stuff together like netball and cricket. My daughters friend is like family anyway. I do love how kids are telling me how to be a parent, made me smile. I have been playing computer games since the 1980s (Yes we had them even back then) and a few hours a week is not going to make much of a dent in life. If you think you spending to much time on mineplex what are you're parents doing?

End of the day its just a game, maybe Mineplex should have an adults only zone or a family only zone where under 18s can only play if accounts are linked to a parent.

Games are for everyone.

So dont over think things to much, and just enjoy life.

Peace

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 18, 2018
    gmwrenchead, tuxxed and Thenorn like this.
  16. No the problem is that Mineplex as a business is primarily centred on community rather than content nowadays, Trunks and I feel that it's alarming to potentially have really young and really old people becoming friends, disturbing. This isn't a personal attack as I don't believe you're here to make friends but I do think it's a concept that we all know too well and we have to be cautious.
    --- Post updated ---

When you referred to DanTDM it shook me up as the only people who watch him are young and it sounded like you were catering to a young audience with your post, even though you asked if there were other mature users.

Posted Oct 18, 2018
    Trunks likes this.
  17. Don’t you think that’s why I told you to make loving childhood memories with them rather than playing video games?

Posted Oct 18, 2018
    joshbet9 likes this.
  18. When you referred to DanTDM it shook me up as the only people who wat
    Maybe competent grammar would be a good start too? lmao I'm kidding pls no h8

Posted Oct 18, 2018
  19. You both make fair points but let me say a few things.

As said I do more than just games with my family.

Be very careful about twisting people words you will end up playing with fire if you get the wrong person.

I watched Dans videos from the very start that were not really for kids by some of the swearing he used in them, He is a good bloke and some of his content is good fun. I have never watched any other minecraft videos so know no one else to refer to.

I was playing minecraft while a lot of users were to young to play (when it was more of a game for older people before the swam of kids took over when PE came along)

I dont add people or accept friends on mineplex just play the games.

Focus on you're life and stop worrying about how others lead their life so much. Playing a game is no different to watching TV or a film or going to a show. No age limit for Minecraft so chill.

If I was you I would be more worries about the people who are adults pretending to be kids. Is it not better to have someone say "Hey Im an adult minecrafter" At least you know that way.

and last of all thank you to you guys for having a debate in a mature way and not lowering to stupid abuse and pointless rubbish. Respect to you for that.

Funny what a simple hello can turn into.

I'm done with this now,
    Thanks and Goodbye. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 18, 2018
    Thenorn and joshbet9 like this.
  20. dab judging people is fun:happyt3:

Posted Oct 18, 2018
    joshbet9 likes this.