• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7168 Players Online
  • 4278 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Maze Wars

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by JamesVader2004, May 26, 2020.

1. A game where you battle inside of a maze. And must defend your maze section? This idea looks good in my head but I can’t really say it lol if you guys want to add on to this please help.

Posted May 26, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  2. Already denied

Posted May 26, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  3. This actually doesn't seem like that bad of an idea, but it needs some refining to make it more unique.
    Mineplex already has a few games based around mazes, like Monster Maze and some maps of Wither Assault. There are also quite a few games where you defend your section, like Cake Wars.
    Maybe instead of defending something in the maze, it could be more like a Survival Games situation, where you just have to try to be the last one standing.
    Possibly everyone could start off with weak armor and weapons, but you can find gear hidden throughout the maze?
    This idea definitely could have some potential with more detail!

Posted May 26, 2020
  4. Wow, this idea reminds me about "Maze Runner" series. Saw all three movies and read all five books.

Posted May 26, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  5. Hm... Emilie has some interesting ideas, and I agree that this would definitely need some extension. As stated, the "Maze" concept is present in Monster Maze, as well as in Labyrinth - Wither Assault, and also in a small section of one Hardcore Parkour Nano map. However, I do think a PvP game based around a Maze could be really interesting!

Some important details for developing this idea include:

How is it going to be unique from other games? What will make it seem like its own game as opposed to a very unique map design for a game like Survival Games?

How many players will be in each game?

Will there be teams? What are the team sizes?

What will the map layout be? How will the game encourage players to fight?

I'm interesting in seeing the continuation of this idea, but a lot of development is needed. Because of the lack of structure, it's currently a +-0 from me.

Posted May 26, 2020
    oBasically likes this.