• 636 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9074 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Merging US and EU(in a different way to what you might imagine)

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by DayOfTheDead, Jul 22, 2019.

Tags:
?

Do you think this could work?

1. Yes, definitely

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yeah I guess so

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. No, not really

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, most definitely not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi!
    Before I start, I'd like to give credit to @Evgeen who gave me the idea, I simply did a bit of research in order to fully fledge it out.
    I'd also like to point out a more detailed thread of this idea made before me here:
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/eu-mineplex-us-mineplex.57316
    I know this has been discussed many, many times. I am here to suggest that we merge the US and EU servers. Now, hear me out on this one, this is not in the way that you would think.
    When this was tried before, that they did was force everyone to play on the US server, which got very bad feedback and lash back from the community, as there were many frame and ping problems for players.

It's been noticed that on quite a few servers, there is only one IP you connect to, however when joining games you can choose the region. I've done some research and realised that it's possible to link servers and allow for quick travel between them using BungeeCord(which the server already uses) and likely some other resources.

What if the main server was the US server, but when queuing for games people could opt to play EU and join EU servers for games. Players could choose to only go into US or EU, go into both, or prioritise one of the two. Using BungeeCord and plugins, it could be possible for players to be taken to the EU server and then sent directly to the game. Such a system would also make it easier for staff to moderate, as they could easily go to both EU and US lobbies. EU servers would have different names, e.g EU-DE-4.
    There plugins making it so that players could communicate to players in US games and lobbies whilst in an EU game.

TL;DR: Make it so that players can join both EU and US games without having to switch server using BungeeCord, uniting the community more and making it easier to moderate across regions.

I'm open to any feedback, so please reply below(also poll!)!

Posted Jul 22, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 22, 2019
    Korben2005 and Evgeen like this.
  2. Hey there,

I believe I've already made this point before in a previous thread that I made about a week ago.

Here is the thread: click here

Although, one thing I have to point out is that doing /sv EU-DR-1 will be a lot more complicated than just doing /sv DE-1 on a specific region.

Also one last thing, For future reference try and make an example of how this would look like, for eg:
    Portal> You are connecting to the EU Region to the server DR-1.

Kind regards
    - Sakeusi

Posted Jul 22, 2019
  3. Hi,
    I don't think the /sv command is a big problem since it is rarely used except for staff, however thanks for the other suggestion.
    I didn't realise that you made a thread about this before, sorry.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 22, 2019
    Sakeusi likes this.
  4. Hey there,

Don't worry about it, we all don't take time to look into this type of stuff, we just want it to happen.

Kind regards
    - Sakeusi

Posted Jul 22, 2019
  5. Hey hey!

Sorry this is coming to you so late, but we have in fact merged our EU server with our US server in order to provide the best gameplay experience possible to our players. To read more about it, check out this thread to see the entire reasoning behind it. However, you can still connecting using both the normal US and EU server addresses, as connecting to the one in which you are closest too will give you better ping. If you have any more questions or concerns, send me a PM.

Thread Locked - Implemented

Posted Oct 15, 2019 at 5:25 PM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.