• 542 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2626 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Micro Battle Changes Proposal

Discussion in 'Micro Battle' started by Chrris, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Hey guys! In this thread I'll be proposing a few ideas on what to add/change in Micro Battles because after 3 years+ no good updates has came for this game (besides maps and btw gj build team). Here's a few ideas.

Re-working achievements:

OK so achievements aren't the best for this game. I mentioned this in a thread but I'll paste it here so you guys can see what I'm talking about and I might as well add more too!

Bow Pro!
    Win a game ONLY getting kills with archery.

Super Fast
    Eliminate a whole team within one minute! NOTE: If you die it'll still count. (And yes you could get your teams help)

Team work!
    Win a game with your whole team alive!

Untouchable
    Win a game with out taking player damage.

Achievement Kit -
    Name: Tank
    Kit Information: After a player gets one kill, they receive strength I for 2 seconds along with Slowness I for 1 second.
    Items With Kit: Player gets regular full leather, wooden sword, and 8 apples.

If you have any suggestions to fix any of these achievements or kit please reply and I will fix it. Thanks for reading my thread.

Posted Sep 15, 2018,
    Last edited Sep 15, 2018
    EwMikey and Betrayer like this.
  2. Not bad, not bad. I think Tank has the potential to be a little over-powered, but the general ideas are good. For Tank, maybe increase either the level or length of Slowness? Otherwise you have Strength for one second longer than you have Slowness, and then you can go slaughtering people easily after one kill.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  3. What do you suggest? Like lets say I make the slowness higher, but how high?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2018
  4. Heyo!
    Off to a great start for sure, I do however have a few suggestions!
    I personally think the "Super Fast" idea should be different maybe do.. "Kill 4 players within' 1 minute" also the Tank kit seems a tad overpowered my suggestion would be, A wooden sword, a bow (Max 2 arrows), a wooden pickaxe, and maybe 3-4 apples. Those a just a few of my suggestions but besides that I think everything else is pretty neat!

~Cheers!
    :mineplex:

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  5. I really like this idea. I'd say it's fair. I'd be down to try out that new kit, seems fun!

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    Chrris likes this.
  6. I'd say at least at the level of the Strength, so at least 2 seconds. You could even go a little higher so as to make it a proper Tank class- each kill practically cripples you but makes you stronger (slow yet powerful like a real tank). That's just my two cents, though.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    Chrris likes this.
  7. New changes to kit:
    Strength I for 4 seconds
    Slowness I for 4 seconds
    Strength doesn't go up but Slowness does keep going up after you get a kill (goes up by 1 second every kill).

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2018
    EwMikey and SpitefulNick like this.
  8. There are lots of suggestions that I feel would overcomplicate or be pointless to a game, and I'm happy to say that this is a suggestion that I completely agree with. The achievements all have a point, but like TeaSpiller said above, maybe there could be an achievement for killing 4 players in one minute and a separate achievement for killing an entire team. Besides that, I like the idea of adding an achievement kit, and Tank seems like a good way to do it. Overall, I think it would give the game more purpose and would love to see these changes added.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  9. Honestly, I really like the achievement kit idea but I think the achievements are fine as is. I wouldn't be opposed to adding a few more, per say, but out of the ones you mentioned I would really only support adding super fast. Bow Pro and untouchable would just inspire heavy camping, and teamwork, well I guess that could work but I hate having to rely on my team, as no offense, but they often suck or get hacked on.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  10. I dont really like tank, I dont think it thematically fits its name. Plus the niche it would fill is also pretty similar to warrior. I could see it if it had constant slow 1 or some other limitation but more armor than other kits by a significant amount.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  11. Eh, I can adding more adding more armor instead of extra damage would be better for balancing. Like Crash said, I'd just give it a constant slow I but has like a chainmail chestplate instead of a leather one.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  12. I definitely think that this would be cool. Especially Tank. You balanced it with that post above. +1.

Would love to see these.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    Chrris likes this.
  13. Bow Pro: Good
    Super Fast: 1 minute is way too long. One coordinated push can eliminate a team in way less time.
    Team work!: Good
    Untouchable: Eh, definitely will be challenging, and more than likely encourage players to camp and just rely on their team to win them the game, since it's nearly impossible to not get hit in regular combat.

Micro Battles really needs new achievements. I've been wanting some for a while, even asking in GI disc a while back for some, and nothing came out of it. These ideas aren't bad, though the mentioned could use some tweaking.
    Another achievement I would like is something regarding how many blocks have been mined using the worker kit. Not sure if it should be for 1 game or a large amount that is ***ulative over time.

Tank: Would give slightly better armor, given the name tank, though it would be tough to balance it out with its other perks. Effects for 4 seconds each seems good. 8 apples doesn't really seem needed, I barely get through 5 with fighter kit.

Posted Sep 19, 2018
  14. I don’t like untouchable (it will encourage my teammates to camp and provide zero help) but other than that the achievements are good. Especially team work which would help with game functionality.

It’s too much of just a “fighter” kit and it can be op. I’d recommend changing it to something completely different.

You should add onto your thread to enable block placement in this game mode and to make it not spleef.

Posted Sep 19, 2018
  15. Tank kit would ruin game :[

Posted Oct 17, 2018
  16. Overall, not a bad idea. With the lack of Micro Battles updates (except for adding an axe and adding a few more maps), this would make a great addition. The only problem I can really see is that Untouchable Achievement is pretty much setting people up to camp, and the Tank Kit can be overpowered, even with the slowness effect.

Posted Oct 21, 2018
  17. Heyo
    Not a bad idea, but personally I think tank is OP. I like the achievements, though

Posted Oct 21, 2018
  18. Honestly, I think the game was flawless; that was before the anti-building update though. I liked the classic better.

Posted Oct 23, 2018
  19. tf that's an update? I thought that was a bug.

Posted Oct 24, 2018