• 2239 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4818 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Micro Battle Needs Fixing!

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Inf3rrior81, Dec 13, 2019.

?

Who thinks the glass wall should be raised and the ground thickness limited to 3 or less?

1. Yes!

10.0%
  2. No!

90.0%
  1. Although Micro Battle is a game mode that has potential, I’ve had some frustrating experiences that I’m sure others can relate to. First of all, the glass walls at the start of the match need to be much higher, at least 15 blocks tall. People sometimes quickly gather blocks and build their way up and over before it disappears. I’ve already been killed numerous times from this while preparing for battle. Secondly, a compass should be given to every player that gives information on the nearest player and how far away they are, like in Skyfall. It’s very annoying when you have to find the last player on an opposing team, especially those with the archer and worker kits. Most of the archers like to camp in a tower for the whole match and stay on sneak there, making it difficult at first to determine where you’re being shot from. Then there’s the worker kit; this is the most overpowered kit in the game mode if you know how to use it properly. I was recently in a game where a teammate and I only had one player left to kill. Unfortunately, he had the worker kit, which meant he had the ability to hide himself in a tower or underground (remember that the thickness of the ground layer is 4-5 blocks, making it possible to conceal yourself without falling into the void). All they needed was a shovel and a pickaxe, perfect for hiding yourself anywhere in the map without the enemy having a clue where you are. People who don’t use the worker kit basically have no chance of finding the hidden player, unless they want to spend an hour mining through the blocks of the map. We eventually gave up and killed ourselves, giving the win to someone who simply had to mine out his own personal hidey-hole to win. I’m addressing these problems because I feel that there’s room for improvement in Micro Battle, and I want people to find the most enjoyment possible out of playing it. Thank you for reading.

Posted Dec 13, 2019
    tamman2005 likes this.
  2. I understand we’re you’re coming from, but I do not think the glass height should be raised or an added thickness to the glass. I myself am one of those players who likes to rush and get the game over with, so there are no campers. I am sure some people can disagree with me, though. I’m sorry if you feel this should be added and I hate to start this off with a bad review, but I’d have to give this a -1.
    Happy Suggesting,
    xGetRekted

Posted Dec 13, 2019
    tamman2005 likes this.
  3. I understand that. I just feel that the wall is there for a reason, so why make it so easy to get over? Its purpose is obviously to separate teams at the beginning.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 13, 2019
    tamman2005 and xGetRektedx like this.
  4. Yeah, some people only build up to the match over with (myself included)
    --- Post updated ---
    But yes, you do have a point

Posted Dec 15, 2019
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  5. Dude that’s literally apart of the game. Don’t take your anger out in the forums. That’s really immature to say the least.

Posted Dec 16, 2019
    TheFazedUltra04 and tamman2005 like this.
  6. there needs to be a world rot similar to java. it gets to the center in like 2 minutes or or less killing all campers.

Posted Dec 17, 2019
    SlicePie, tamman2005 and Inf3rrior81 like this.
  7. I’m not being immature. I simply shared negative experiences that I had and how I think Micro Battle can improve. I’m sorry that my opinion differs from yours, but at least try to respect it. Good day.
    --- Post updated ---
    That’s definitely a good suggestion, thank you for the response.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 17, 2019
    tamman2005 likes this.
  8. -1 for this idea.

Posted Dec 21, 2019
  9. Pull a tahrynwolf and use xray,what are you doing mate.

Posted Dec 21, 2019
  10. Now THAT is a good idea

Posted Dec 24, 2019
  11. I agree with the glass wall but not the ground tickness. I know it can be an annoyance when someone hides in a hole but for me that rarely happens. I don't know if that is just for me but i always make them come and fight me
    they cant stay still for 10 minutes anyway
    This idea is better

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    tamman2005 and FluteVegetables like this.
  12. Hey, I really do see where you are coming from here. Playing Micro Battles myself and playing on Mineplex for over 3 or 4 years I understand your frustration. However I think adding all of the things that you said would just take away of the game and the strategy put into it. Instead of trying to fix and make the game easier, I think we should try to figure out ways to work against the worker kit. Possibly by have 1 or 2 worker kits on your own team. Again I really understand what you mean, but I just don't like the way that it takes away from the game personally.

Have a great day!

Posted Jan 3, 2020
  13. Hey! I've also had similar experiences in Micro Battles, and I can imagine how your ideas work. I know what you mean, but in my opinion, the gameplay changes aren't ideal, and it would raise different opinions. -1.

Posted Jan 3, 2020
  14. you really think letting campers win/stall the game is okay? I mean there are more issues but that’s one of the main ones

Posted Jan 3, 2020
  15. I understand your frustration but this could also be a part of a strategy. the person who jumps over to the other team risks getting killed by the other 4 opponents. if they manage to kill someone there's a higher chance of them getting killed. I sometimes tend to use this strategy but I wouldn't mind walls getting taller.

do you really think a 5 minute long game needs a compass to track other players? I feel like this is completely unnecessary because the game gets faster once the map starts getting smaller. archers will at one point be forced to get down and workers will be forced to get to the surface. I think compass would defeat the point of this game, it better suits Sky Fall, SG, CW, etc. because those games can take a while, and their maps are also wayy bigger than MB maps. Also, a lot of players tend to build a small cover on the towers with blocks like dirt or wool, so you could predict which tower they hide.

again, he would get out off the ground at one point because of netherrack. you just had to be prepared and possibly predict where he could be hiding. also, isn't that the point of the builder kit; to hide and get to the parts of the map where no other people can without that kit?

I'm sorry, but MB games take wayy less than an hour. actually around 5 minutes if anything. i still don't understand why you gave up when you could've just waited a couple of minutes until the person got up.

all in all, I think MB could get improvement, it is a pretty outdated game. however, changing kits in this way & adding compass would, in my opinion, make the game less enjoyable. I do think having glass walls taller is an alright suggestion but it's going to take away a pretty common strategy.

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    Lila and Xukuwu like this.
  16. They are talking about bedrock there is no border or world rot. Because of this the builder could be hiding anywhere on the map and without a pick yourself you would have to spend ages randomly digging for them.

Posted Jan 3, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 3, 2020
    FluteVegetables and Inf3rrior81 like this.
  17. As °3° said, I’m referring to Micro Battles on the Bedrock server. Although I don’t play Java, I’m assuming that Micro Battles is in much better condition there than on Bedrock. It appears that I’m not getting a lot of support for my ideas, so anyone who wants to disregard or improve them is welcome to. The opinion of the Mineplex community as a whole is more important than mine anyway.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 3, 2020
  18. Yea java micro battles is in much better condition than bedrock

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  19. java anything is better than bedrock

Posted Jan 3, 2020
  20. Yaaaaas

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.