• 498 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8564 Players Online
  • 8066 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Micro Battles guide (bedrock)

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by Mothy, May 11, 2021.

1. Hey everyone! There really isn't much threads in the classics games revolving around micro battles, which is why I decided to make one! This thread will be based around my micro battles play style and will list the kits and my opinions on them. Every kit is free except tank kit which is 5000 gems. I am also going to include what to do if you're a solo player who doesn't often play with anyone.

Kits

Worker - So first off we have worker. I really only use this specific kit out of all 4 of them. The perks of this kit come with permanent haste 1 as well as a stone shovel, stone pickaxe and stone axe. Lots of pros alike myself use this kit because the stone axe is stronger than your basic wooden sword and you can rush quick because it's easy to mine blocks as you have the tools.

Archer - this kit was probably the most used before the classics games update in October. I always used this myself and I still like it to this day. It consists of a bow and arrow. You receive an arrow like every 5-10 seconds (can't remember the exact time). It's very useful for shooting players that are hiding on top of bases and in general a useful kit to snipe people from a distance away.

Fighter - this kit gives you the ability to take half a heart less damage when hit. It can be very useful if you're not the best at pvp and I recommend it. There really isn't too much to say about this kit though.

Tank - oh boy this kit is interesting. So this is the newest kit and people think this is the best kit and it was for like the first week of its release. The tank kit gives you a chain chestplate as well as a perk that allows you to gain regeneration for a few seconds upon each kill. It's name is literally what it is, you are a tank. This kit can be good for rushing but still isn't as good as worker.

My play style

So as a leaderboard player with over 5800 wins on micro battles I feel like I know what I'm talking about. What I do when a game starts is always mine blocks. I often look for the team with the lower player count to rush and kill. The least players the better. If there is all teams of 4 then me and my friends either mine blocks until the walls drop or choose a random team to target. It can go well and wrong sometimes. I do often end up dying when rushing as water is too op. After we rush the first team we'll just go for another as soon as the walls drop. We're essentially one army going up against all 3 others. If people camp we leave them till last and then just build up to them using blocks or mine through the base to the top. If you want my advice then don't camp, it really is a bad tactic and you'll probably still die. Same goes for hiding. I use the compass to find people hiding and always be careful around them. Hiding is a bad tactic too because if you encounter good players then they will find you and kill you. Majority of players these days aren't silly enough to fall through a hole that is an obvious trap. There is more minor tactics I guess, but this is just what I find important. At the end of the day just play how you want, don't let my thread change how you play necessarily.

Playing solo
    So we all know that playing micro battles solo is like entering a moshpit of utter chaos. The game is very sweaty and so are its players! Team work plays a very big role though! If you're playing solo then I recommend to stick with your team and work together. It's your best bet at taking other teams out without dying in the process. 4 people equals 4x the amount of effort the enemy needs to put in in order to kill you all! But let's say another team comes in and 3rd parties killing all your other teammates - what do you do? Well, if you can, you should run. If you used the worker kit like I suggested then I would imagine you have blocks majority of the time. If not, try to mine some! There is 2 ways to approach a 1v3 for example. You can use the blocks to build up to a base to regain hp which can be effective, but you have to watch your back for players building up to you from different places. This doesn't work out for the enemies in my case, but it's a pretty good tactic. It can even get you the win sometimes as fall damage deals a lot of damage to the player. The second tactic to counter 1v3s is to simply try your best to knock them into the water. When I use worker kit, I get blocks. If i ever need to run from a 1v3 then I try to gain some distance and then place blocks on the block that is right by the water on the other side. It creates a small wall which players often run into and take a lot of water damage which leaves them very low. I use this tactic a lot and it works very well once you get the timing right.

That's it for this thread though! I may update it and put more into it if I feel like it. With the amount of micro battle players I've never seen before that are playing I figured I'd make a thread to help them out as I feel like I can give valuable input. If there is anything you want to say whether it is constructive criticism or positive feedback, then feel free to do so. Enjoy your day!

Posted May 11, 2021,
    Last edited May 11, 2021
  2. Yay Mothy you made a guide! And you finally admitted that you are experienced and have 5800 wins! Jokes aside I love this guide, it is nice to learn how to play Micro Battles with tips from an experienced player (yes). I am not too good at Micro Battles but it is something that I play fairly often. I like how you described the kits, because newer players who may not be familiar with the kits will get a clear description of not just what they do but about which one to use as well. I also liked how you talked about your strategy, as it will help all people know how to succeed in Micro Battles. I will keep this in mind for next time we play, this is a well-written guide Mothy! :)

Posted May 11, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  3. Thanks! :D you'll be on the leaderboard in no time

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 11, 2021
    CloudyDay1234 likes this.
  4. A very helpful guide, however uh you just gotta teach us now how to be good at this game and ofc carry us :DD!

Posted May 11, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  5. You're already good :D and practice makes perfect. Play more, get better. Thanks for the positive input!

OP OP
  6. This is a nice guide, but most of the strategy you talk about assumes you are in a party with other competent players, and most people (like myself) play this game solo which often requires different strategy. It would be nice if you could explain some strategy for players who are not in a party.

Posted May 11, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and Mothy like this.
  7. I'll get working on it now then! Thanks for the input :D

OP OP
    Cheezeburgerfan likes this.
  8. Updated it and added your suggestions. Hope this is good enough for you!

OP OP
    Cheezeburgerfan likes this.
  9. Cracked tips from pog person
    Carry me in microbattles later

Posted May 11, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  10. If I carry you then you have to carry me >:) you're cracked tooooooo. Thanks for the positive feedback

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 12, 2021
  11. Hey there! Thanks so much for making this! I’ve played micro battles a lot lately and lose 19 out of 20 games, so I’ll be sure to use this guide next time! I’m sure everyone here appreciates the work you put into this, and I look forward to seeing your next guide!

Posted May 14, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  12. Thanks Bob! I really appreciate that comment :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 14, 2021
  13. Very insane guide from a epic player

Posted May 17, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  14. I learn from the best, you being one of them

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 17, 2021
    RedStar823 likes this.
  15. Pretty insightful, thanks for sharing. You're a big Pro.

Posted May 17, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  16. Thanksssssssss!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 17, 2021
    UnspecifiedUnit likes this.
  17. My opinions of these kits:

Worker
    Very good if used in a team with other kits.

Archer
    Useful if you have good aim ro want to justify hiding on top of your base for the entire game.

Fighter
    Dollar-store tank

Tank
    Useful for rushing people or other melee combat

Posted May 17, 2021