• 1139 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9577 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion microbattles kit idea: crafter

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by AdaptableRuben, Sep 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. This kit have the ability to drop ítems and craft ítems that means that you can make Stone swords and other stuff and give it to people

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.
  2. More kits aren't necessary, especially the idea to craft items, its unfair especially to those who won't have such kit. -1 for me.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  3. Hi!

In my opinion, adding more kits to Micro Battles doesn’t seem necessary. The game is quite simple itself and I believe it should be kept like that. Furthermore, this kit seems exceptionally strong. Being able to give your entire team a stone sword and picaxe seems extremely overwhelming for other teams without a crafter. However, I love your creativity, and wish you the best of luck with your future ideas!

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    Steven190 likes this.
  4. Hey there!

As a former avid micro battles player, I do not agree with this kit idea. The way the game is currently balanced is just right and does not need improvement, as each kit has their own special ability, unique use, and counters. Also, wooden swords give the game length, which is what I'd rather have then a short game from someone easily crafting stone swords for all of his teammates.

As @OverlySalted stated, the stone is also too easily obtained, making this kit too overpowered. I do not see why anyone would not choose this kit, messing up the balance of the game. Also, the stone sword acquisition would counteract the idea of being the fighter kit, when a stone sword is just as good. I'm interested in what other's have to say, but I personally can not see this idea being implemented in the foreseeable future.

Thanks!

Thread Moved to New Kit Discussion

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  5. Hey AdaptableRuben,

I've played both Java and Bedrock versions of Micro Battles. I've always thought about a kit like this everytime I play the game.

I personally wouldn't mind a kit like this. But I don't think Crafters should be able to craft indefinitely. What if there was a cool down per item? For example, if I crafted a crafting table, I wouldn't be able to craft something again for two minutes.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    AdaptableRuben and PieOrPi like this.
  6. Heyo!

While your suggestion may be unique, I am personally not fond of it. As multiple others have stated above, it is very unbalanced to just craft a bunch of tools and weapons, then hand them over to your team mates. Not only that, you could easily get your team full stone items if one of your teammates was a Miner kit and one was the Crafter kit. Stone sword combined with Warrior is way too overpowered, so that's the reason why I disagree with this.

With a few alterations though, I feel that this kit could be implemented in the future. For example, as watty stated above, having a cooldown on crafting items. I don't believe it should be 2 minutes as games can tend to be very short, but perhaps a 30 second to 1 minute cooldown would be better for this kit. Not only that, making this an achievement kit since there are already a few normal kits would be good as well.

Overall, the kit in its current state is something I wouldn't want this to be added into the game. If you perhaps edit your thread with some of the suggestions others and I have left, I'd definitely put this at a +1. For now, I'm going to leave this as a -1. Hopefully this helps!

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    wattywatty14 likes this.
  7. heya!

At this time, I do not think that we need another kit for Micro Battles. The game is short and simple, and I think that adding more kits at this time takes away from the simplicity of the game. Additionally, I am not fond of the overall idea of this kit. It feels too overpowered for me to be able to see this being implemented. You could easily craft stone swords for the three other people on your team and yourself, giving each other person the abilities of their specific kit in addition to the stone sword that they receive from this person, allowing this team to win almost every time if they formed a party or are in a voice call at the same time.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  8. I strongly disagree with above responses that the game does not need a new kit, but I do think this is not the way to go. Crafting stone weapons for the whole team seems OP and I don't see it being fun to play as either.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  9. Hey,

So what I'm getting from this is the ability to make a stronger weapon which would blatantly favour archer so it could have a stronger weapon and a bow, but more importantly it would take away the role of fighter and the mining kit. Because surely it would need a pickaxe to be able to get materials to craft. Perhaps make a way so the other kits would still have a use and give some insight on how the kit would balance such as a cd to crafting time as suggested above. Or maybe a decrease in dmg or armour.

For now it's a -1 from me.

Looking forward to future kit ideas!

--Echo

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  10. Ok personally this kit wouldn't work out, because the game is suppose to be a quick game and this kit would just prolong it. I also like many players above me have stated don't like the idea of being able to craft everyone on your team a stronger weapon and tossing them to your teammates. This kit is way too overbalanced and the only way I could see it being implemented would be an achievement kit, however we already have enough kits and I don't think the game need another kit, especially an achievement kit. It will be a -1 from me.

Posted Sep 15, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 15, 2019
  11. Now on bedrock early into Micro Battles release, this was possible, you could mine trees, create crafting tables, and create OP weapons such as iron armour and swords, and you'd just repeatedly dominate games. With limitations, this could work, but in the catastrophe we saw on bedrock, too many issues came of it. It would make games unfair and completely mess them up. Some of my problems with it being an official kit would mean it would make the other kits quite overpowered, for example, someone with a bow had a load of stone tools. They have every kit then. The fighter class with stone tools would be ridiculous as that class increases your damage, and imagine it with a stone sword.

Although this post has been given quite some heavy criticism, I do quite like this idea and there is an incentive behind it. This kit could become a thing, but more description is probably needed. For example will the kit holders crafting bench only be available to him and accessible with a item in the hotbar? What weapons & stuff will they have? I like your idea, it just needs more detail.

I'm neutral on this. +0

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  12. wait what we don't have an achievement kit...

Posted Sep 15, 2019

13. I meant enough kits, my bad thanks for pointing that out

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  14. What’s poppin!

Honestly this seems kind of an overpowered kit as players will be able to have an advantage over multiple players. I feel that this would disrupt the current balance of kits within Micro Battles. For instance if a player has the ability to drop multiple weapons for their team this would just provide an advantage other players don’t have and would just make the game unfair. This is a very creative idea but in reality when suggesting an idea make sure you think of a variety of factors and make sure to go in depth about your idea. I hope to see you revise this idea and put some more detail into what you mean!

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  15. Hey mate,

So I can definitely see the idea you have brainstormed here, but agreeing with some of the others above, I do not think this kit would work well on Micro Battles; specifically Java. Micro Battles is meant to be a short mini-game and so I believe that 3 kits are plenty because if more kits are added, 1) it makes the game more complex and takes away the simplicity and 2) makes a quite balanced game unbalanced. In my opinion, MB is quite balanced with its current kits, and although this kit sounds interesting, I don't think it would fit into this game-mode.

Imagine having a crafter on your team who crafted the whole team stone swords instantly, the team would be OP and quite unstoppable - meaning yes, the game does end quickly but giving an unfair advantage over a team without a player who is the crafter kit. Some will argue to say that all teams get this advantage if one of their players is the crafter kit, but this then makes the game last longer if everyone is crafting and focusing on improving their melee weapons instead of battling before the map corrodes. MB is intended to be a short team-PvP game, so adding this kit would not really make sense.

Again, the idea is interesting, and I like that you would be able to craft things, but in my opinion, MB isn't the right game-mode for this specific kit. Thanks for sharing it so the community can critique your idea.

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  16. Posted Sep 16, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 17, 2019