• 297 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 297 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Minecraft Among US

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by considerations, Oct 17, 2020.

1. I don’t believe this is the best idea. Games take time to develop, and as stated multiple times, Among Us is definitely going to die out in popularity soon. By the time the game is fully developed Among Us might not even be at the level of hype it’s at right now. So in all honesty, I don’t believe that making an entire game based off the game would be worth it. I think the concept of Among Us is cool, I just don’t see it being that beneficial to Mineplex especially once the hype dies out.

Posted Oct 27, 2020
  2. I guess, but among us is made by a small indie game company, and among is free and easily accessible to anyone who can run Minecraft. It doesn't seem right to kinda just copy it like that, ya know

Posted Oct 28, 2020
  3. Ahh WHAT? WHATS HAPPENING TO THIS FORUM?! ITS DYING?!

Posted Oct 28, 2020
  4. I don't like this idea.
    1) Murder Mystery (very similar)
    2)Microphone (not everyone has microphone)
    3)This is one of those trendy games and the interest for this game will eventually decrease.

Posted Oct 28, 2020
  5. It's something that's been a topic of discussion for awhile now for sure. I think a mafia related game as a concept would be pretty fun to play and I could definitely see it having success, but I feel like among us itself isn't really the way to go for a game like this, simply because of how the game works fundamentally. You would essentially have to prevent parties from joining the game otherwise you just end up with people telling their friends who killed them or trolling because their friend is the imposter, etc. MP is against disallowing parties from joining games afaik, which I agree with, so unfortunately an among us game would probably be pretty unfun to play a lot of the time. Personally I disagree with the assumption that among us is going to die anytime soon, but regardless I don't think among us is the way to go for a mafia style game.

With all that being said, I'd like to reiterate that a mafia type game could have a ton of success, I just think it has to be done in a unique way, rather than based completely off of a preexisting game.

Posted Oct 30, 2020
  6. I must agree with ezlee6 here. I think Among Us is a current fad, and the hype will die down after time. That said - a Murder Mystery type game would be lovely! Murder Mystery Games are always super fun - especially when you are on a call with friends! I would love to see Mineplex implement something like this into the Minplex Network.

There are also other issues that come to mind. Parrotlet described some of these issues perfectly.

As Parrotlet described, hacks such as Xray and ESP would likely be common in these game modes, and both hacks are very difficult to detect. Overall though, I would love to see some sort of Murder Mystery gamemode on Mineplex. :)

Posted Oct 30, 2020
  7. Before I start, I would like to say that I would LOVE to see this game implemented, but there are too many issues that would come with it. I can guarantee you that there will be people that will try to ruij the game by randomly voting someone else out just to ruin their time. This would most likely make a lot of players discouraged to ever play it again. Interesting idea though!

Posted Oct 30, 2020
    illum likes this.
  8. True

Posted Oct 30, 2020
  9. it would basically be murder mystery but go off g

Posted Oct 30, 2020