• 868 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9306 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Mineplex app?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by kzna, Sep 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I use the forums predominantly on my phone and believe a Mineplex app for the forums would be a great idea, I haven’t done much coding in the past but have seen apps similar to this so maybe someone who is experienced in this area could get in touch with Mineplex Admins about this opportunity. I think it would be a great idea to do this because it would make the Mineplex experience better for players across all versions of minecraft.

-kzna

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  2. Hello!

This idea has actually been suggested quite a lot of times and has been denied by the ideas team. Here https://www.mineplex.com/threads/mineplex-phone-app.70226/page-2

It would just take a lot of time to develop and there's a lack of resources. I think it works fine with mobile anyway and isn't really needed right now.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
    kzna likes this.
  3. As @Hiccuping mentioned in the above post a few different players have been wondering if there's going to be a Mineplex app. I do have to agree with you, I've been using the forums for a little now and It's quite annoying when I have to re-type the Mineplex forums or re-enter my email and password. It's not one of the biggest issues at the moment though I would love to see a phone app implemented for Mineplex. I don't really think that Mineplex has the time and resources for a Mineplex app right now and are spending their time working on other more important issues or updates. Good idea though....

Posted Sep 23, 2019
    kzna likes this.
  4. Hey!

Indeed this would be convenient, but this isn’t necessary at all. The web version of the forums works great and there’s no need for an app. The time and money for such a project that isn’t needed is not worth it from my perspective.

This has already been rejected before for these reasons and will probably be rejected for the same reasons.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
    kzna likes this.
  5. Posted Sep 23, 2019
    kzna likes this.
  6. Hey there!
    The Mineplex website is agreeably one of the most popular choices for many community members to gather. There have been many suggestions before to create a professional Mineplex app that works on any mobile device and I've also seen a bunch of un-original apps actually created and supported by the community.

I think your idea is a great way for players to further engage in the community and this would definitely open up a lot of opportunity for many active players to have a much easier access to the forums, but to be completely fair, our current mineplex.com website works wonderfully on any mobile browsing apps and I haven't had any trouble with it. I find that creating a Mineplex app may be an easier way to directly connect to the website but as of now, it may not be the best/necessary addition.

Again, there have been many invitations to possibilities such as this but really, I wouldn't say this is a must have. Ideas with similar themes to this was labeled unplanned but this could change in the future so we'll see how it works out. Thank you for coming forward with this idea though, it's definitely appreciated. [​IMG]

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  7. This idea has already been suggested many times in the past, and it was denied. Unfortunately, I'd still have to disagree with adding a standalone app. You can simply hop on to your browser whether you're on your mobile or tablet devices. Like I said before, the developers' team don't have time creating the standalone app for mobile users. You can find my original response here if you're curious.

With that being said, I'll have to lock this thread as this idea was denied in the past. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thread locked > Idea not planned

Posted Sep 23, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.