• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7386 Players Online
  • 4496 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Bedrock Edition is broken

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by swimfan72, Nov 2, 2019.

1. So every single skin is white and when ever I try to go to a game I crash and Minecraft instantly closes. Also particle effects and stuff is broken. The list goes on.
    [​IMG]
    P.S: I know this isn't the servers fault completely. It is because of the new update with skins.

Posted Nov 2, 2019
  2. Thread Moved to MCO/Bedrock Discussion

Yep; unfortunately, the new Minecraft update for Bedrock introduced many bugs on the server. Although I do not know what the Bedrock developer team is working on at the moment, I think it is safe to say that these are very urgent issues that should hopefully be fixed soon. For Windows 10 users who are looking to play Bedrock without the new glitches, I suggest checking out this guide to downgrade your Bedrock Minecraft version. Other than that, all we can do is wait patiently until the developers can patch these new issues.

Posted Nov 2, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 3, 2019
  3. What about Xbox players and PE players?

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  4. For Xbox, multiple Google searches did not yield successful results. To downgrade with PE, however, they seem to require your device to be jailbroken by accessing links that I am not completely sure if they are safe. You can search this up and you might come across a video tutorial that outlines steps to jailbreak your device to change your Minecraft version, but please attempt at your own risk. I would appreciate further clarification if anyone else has more information about changing versions for these devices.

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  5. Well if your PE hopefully you didn’t update your game. I believe only Android can downgrade their versions unfortunately out of mobile phones. Xbox auto updates so they will be screwed for awhile xD

RIP and his ability to grind ): @Reks Nz

Posted Nov 3, 2019
    WowTamman and FluteVegetables like this.
  6. If anyone is able to downgrade there client, only like 5 people will be playing in the world so it won't really matter anyways.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 4, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  7. Do you guys know when mineplex will fix the bug where everybody is white?

Posted Dec 4, 2019
  8. That's a bug with Minecraft, not Mineplex. The newest update to the skin editor was riddled with bugs, and this meant that your personal skins would have crashed the server. So Mineplex decided to temporarily change everyone's skins to white. This will only change when the Minecraft developers manage to fix the skin editor, so there's nothing Mineplex can do.

Posted Dec 4, 2019
  9. Yea that’s true and other servers have this as well

Posted Dec 4, 2019
    NothinButNet likes this.
  10. I mean it’s just a skin right?

Posted Dec 26, 2019
  11. Give us BAC our skinz

Posted Dec 30, 2019
    FluteVegetables and NothinButNet like this.
  12. Hello, I posted a thread in the past suggesting possible solutions to the white skin problem. So what is going on here with these white skins? What is happening is the new Minecraft skin editor is not corresponding to the 1.12 version of Mineplex. By the way other servers not using specific server hosting software are also suffering from this problem. So with the new editor you can make large skins, small skins, and skins that have extremely weird shapes. So in an older version of the game it will have trouble recognizing the new skin format so it selects the blank skin since it can’t load the clients skin. This is not server error entirely but mostly client error. The new editor at the moment just isn’t compatible. So possible solutions. One would be placing a default skin when everyone logs in. This would be better than plain white. This can be done using any one of a number of skin editor plugins. I can provide list if anyone is curious. Or a skin geometry tester can be used to make sure the skin has valid parameters. This means if the skin has to odd of a shape, it wouldn’t let the user log in with that skin or it would let the user log in with that skin but apply a default over it. Now the reason some custom skins were loading before is because some of those skin seeds or skin patterns were made for an older version of the game. Or the custom skin had valid parameters. Unfortunately that is not the case now because all skins are white. If you have any more questions about this topic fell free to message me. Hope this helped!!

Posted Dec 30, 2019
  13. And the downgrade option to downgrade your Minecraft I mean is that worth losing everything in the update just for a skin. I don’t suggest doing that. Plus I don’t think Xbox can downgrade can they?

Posted Dec 30, 2019
  14. Those links are not safe I have tried some but maybe there is one that is safe to downgrade. But there are more technical reasons for why it is a bad idea to downgrade. If anyone is interested in those reasons why not to downgrade fell free to message me.

Posted Dec 30, 2019
  15. IOS and Xbox cant downgrade

Posted Dec 30, 2019
    Degagelemming95 likes this.
  16. Bad idea to downgrade over all.

Posted Dec 31, 2019
  17. Mineplex Bedrock is broken, I’ll give you that one. But, it’s not Mineplex’s fault, as you stated. Mineplex experiences these bugs because of an update to Minecraft. There had been a lot more crashing because of this. Particles are being fixed as we speak. White skins are intended so there are no invisible players. I suggest still playing the server though, because except for the crashing part, you can deal with the particles and skins being broken. Is is annoying? Yes, but what can you do? Mineplex is doing its best to fix these issues, you have to give them credit on their part. You can always downgrade to another version to experience less crashes. If you are unable to downgrade then you should make sure you do not have a texture pack on, because that could increase crashing. I suggest that you wait it out, and enjoy playing on the server, despite the problems with it. Have a good day.

Posted Dec 31, 2019
  18. I am very happy most arrow trails work now and like @xGetRektedx said some particles. Honestly it is not that bad. Once again I implore people not to look for downgrading options. I mean I know I am saying this a lot and I don’t want to spam or anything but I can’t stress how important it is not to downgrade. Just looking out for you all.

Posted Dec 31, 2019
    xGetRekted likes this.
  19. The reason why a few people downgraded was because at the time, some skins were invisible, and also the game kept crashing.

Posted Dec 31, 2019
    FluteVegetables and NothinButNet like this.
  20. I understand why people have downgraded when the option first game out but it can have long term negative affects. Did you downgrade @Strafer303?

Posted Dec 31, 2019