• 1307 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9745 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

MINEPLEX clans app

Discussion in 'Clans' started by 4D_Blockz, Jan 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello people. For a while now its been hard to check clan energy if your away, even if you have a phone its usless. So im thinking the clans managment should create a Mineplex app. Yes a Mineplex app where you can check the fourms check your and others stats and most of all you can check clan energy (and yes this is all for Android and IOS and... Whatever else there is.

Posted Jan 28, 2019
  2. Hello there, I really don't see a need for this to be implemented.

Firstly, we really do not have the Developer power right now to develop an app that would only benefit the minority of the Mineplex community that is Clans.

Second, your clan energy is really not something you need to be thinking about or checking on 24/7. Assuming you follow a normal school schedule, you should be home at least once a day when you have time to check in on everything.

Lastly, what good would it be to check your clans energy if you're not able to do anything about it while you're away? You could hop on your Clans App and check on your energy, but if something has gone awry, you wouldn't be able to do anything about it until you reach your computer again. Due to this, it just seems like it would be a distraction from IRL tasks if you're concerned about your energy while away from home.

If we were to develop some sort of Mineplex App, it would be a large project to help our Bedrock users be able to use our website more easily. If something like your suggestion were already in place, and tracking Clans energy in real time were a possibility, I would say go right ahead, but for now, I'm not in agreement with this idea.

Posted Jan 28, 2019
    xUmbreon likes this.
  3. So you said I’d have time for checking energy what if someone (like I was) was on vacation somewhere besides their home and they where worried about there energy. Mm simple sulution check the Mineplex app if it’s low discord your friends (PS ik your gunna say ooh but what if someone is a solo clan then that’s not a clan) and tell them oh hey *********** can ya get us some energy. Oh and if you guys wanna be big again you should get those dev skills

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 28, 2019
  4. lol rude

Posted Jan 28, 2019
  5. Seems like something that would be a lower priority as it would be a lot of resources poured into something that wouldn't benefit a ton of people, but that would be pretty neat. I think it would be more realistic to see this integrated into part of the site though, rather than a separate app.

Posted Jan 28, 2019
    ChrisPKStar likes this.
  6. Disagree with the concept of an app since that will take away a lot of time from the devs from doing other important things like updates, but I'm completely on board with the idea of this being a feature on the website instead. Maybe even a command outside of the Clans server as well.

Posted Jan 29, 2019
  7. Hey there!

I definitely agree that Mineplex needs an application, website widget, or an alternative way to buy energy for your clan so that your clan energy doesn’t run out. For now, I suggest that you invite a friend to refill your energy when your on vacation. Hopefully your suggestion becomes a reality!

Posted Jan 29, 2019
  8. i think it would just be cool to check clan energy with an app. Oh and all the pro servers have apps and i think this server needs one -and bring back a ton of old games to make it better-

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 29, 2019
  9. well they discontinued the app so yeah idk if they are gonna add it back

Posted Jan 29, 2019
  10. Hello there!
    The development time it would take to develop this "application" to check clans energy would not be worth the investment and what Dulciloquy it would only benefit a minority of Mineplex. This would also enable a possibility of abuse of the system along with people not logging on at all. Which is not want we want. If you're worried about losing energy because of school/camp/holiday then I suggest inviting a friend to purchase energy for you.
    Overall. We want to encourage people to get in game and when it comes to clans energy it shouldn't be a thing you can tap your phone and buy it over the forums/ios application in my opinion.
    However, if an App were to be invented. I do agree with Dulcs suggestion of adding a tracking option.
    Thanks for your suggestion though!

Posted Jan 30, 2019
  11. Hey, I'm going to be denying this idea and locking this thread. We currently do not have the development power for this, and if we did this would not be a priority. As Busjack said above, we want to encourage people to get in-game, and this would definitely not work towards that. Finally, to counter your point about being on vacation, if you can discord a friend asking them to buy energy, you could just as easily ask them every 24h to check energy, and they can get in-game and keep the clan running.

~Thread Locked, Idea Denied

Posted Jan 30, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.