• 386 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10131 Players Online
  • 9745 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex- Everybody's Childhood?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Lilia, Jun 16, 2021.

?

Is it everbody's childhood?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2021.
  1. Most likely, or barley anybody

18.0%
  2. Most likely, imo

84.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I think that 90% of people on the server (Java Edition) claim that the Mineplex Network is their childhood. I want to know how many people this is true for!

Posted Jun 16, 2021
    xWand, aiirr, Tanish_ and 3 others like this.
  2. I wouldn't say that this server was a major part of my childhood. I started playing on here when I was 11, and I honestly had no idea what was going on for half of the time. I didn't play often and I took a huge break after one year. There were plenty of other things that I liked better, and Mineplex honestly wasn't very important to me at that time. But apparently I took it for granted, because it was much better back then than it is now and now I kinda miss the good old days of sufficient player count.

Posted Jun 16, 2021
  3. It sure is mine.

Posted Jun 16, 2021
    makw likes this.
  4. It sure is! It was the first server I joined on Minecraft and I am so happy to still be a part of it <3

Posted Jun 17, 2021
    makw likes this.
  5. Maybe not my childhood, but I'd definitely say Mineplex played a big role in my life throughout my middle school years. I originally joined the server in 2017 (6th grade for me) and I made a ton of friends here. The main games my friends and I played were CW and BR, I even played on competitive teams for them (surprisingly). Mineplex was like my life back then, I was in calls all day every day, as well as in-game. Even though I made a lot of friends back then I only really stayed close with a couple of them throughout the years and still talk to some on a daily basis. Despite having taken around a 2-year break, I still thought about Mineplex a lot and all of the friends I made here when I was active. I came back earlier this year and I'm so glad I did! Although I was really active back then, I was never active in the community. I stayed within my circle and never spent time in lobbies talking to other community members which is something I COMPLETELY flipped this time around.

Posted Jun 17, 2021
  6. It definitely was for me. I joined in late 2013 with a bunch of my friends from Grade 6-7ish and we played every day. Anything from Dom to Blockhunt, or whatever seemed interesting that day. I played competitive dominate for about a year and would come on every day to play with my friends, or meet new friends online while playing solo. From there, even while my friends have quit, I've never been able to because of that nostalgic feeling I have for Mineplex in its prime, and still enjoy helping out, and playing on the server every day.

Posted Jun 17, 2021
    RainbowUnicornGM and siee like this.
  7. Hi there! This is definitely an interesting topic to discuss. For me, I would definitely say Mineplex was a huge part of my childhood, however I didn’t actually start playing on the Network until I was a teenager. When I was around 11-12 years old, I was watching a lot of Mineplex YouTubers, which helped me grow an overall interest in the Network. I can tell you two of the biggest influencers that I really enjoyed watching was Captainsparklez and ParkerGames. Both Content Creators had some really great Survival Games videos, which really brought me to the Network.

I originally joined the Network back in 2014, and had lots of aspirations as a new player coming into the Community. I for one, really wanted to grow my Survival Games statistics because I was very passionate about the game mode. More importantly, I had the desire to meet new people, make friends, and eventually become a Staff Member on the Network. For the following two years, I heavily invested my time in interacting with the community, and made so many friends. I actually remember waking up around 7AM every morning to help players out in the lobby. I was definitely what they classified as a “Trainee Tryhard.” I actually started applying for Staff back in 2015, and I remember specifically it took me seven Trainee Applications and one interview to become Staff. I was originally accepted as Trainee on July 22nd, 2016. I moderated for about a year 1/2, and resigned back in 2017. After resigning I took a three year break from the Network as a whole, and officially returned last year. (2020)

Making the decision to last year was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I had returned to the Network because COVID really put a pause on everything and I also felt that the timing was right. My overall goals in returning to the network was to rekindle old friendships, reconnect with the community and return to the Staff Team. I rejoined the Staff Team in August of last year, and since then my time here on the server and Staff Team has been as great as it was back then. I’m very passionate when it comes to talking about my time here on the team because all the Staff here on the network really do work hard, and I just love what I do. One of my proudest accomplishments since returning to the team has been joining the Forums Team as a Forum Management Assistant, which is something I would’ve never imagined myself doing. Being a part of the forums team has been just amazing, and I very much enjoy interacting with a variety of players across the Network.

Mineplex has been and will always be something that I cherish and hold dear to me. It has been a major influence in my life and I have learned many things here in my time playing on the server. I feel that I have grown not only as a player, but as a person. I’m grateful for everything that has happened, and more importantly where I am now. I’m very interested in what others have to say!

Posted Jun 17, 2021
    RainbowUnicornGM and siee like this.
  8. I started playing Mineplex when I was around 12 years old, back in 2015, and I played from that point actively up until late 2017.
    In this timeframe, I met some of the people that I consider my best friends today, and I wouldn't change the way that I spent those years even if I did.
    Playing old ultra hardcore in calls with my friends and playing scrims in the bridges competitive league are some of the best memories that I have until late 2017. I met some truly amazing people and learned so many things by being a part of the Mineplex network.
    Unfortunately, I made a terrible mistake and I was removed from the server in late 2017 until early 2020 at which point my appeal was accepted and I was let back into the community, which I am truly thankful for.
    It's been a year and a half since the break that I had, and the server is much different than it used to be before, however, I am happy that that break happened since it helped me understand how wrong my ways were and how to improve as a person.
    I am 18 years old now, and I still actively play Mineplex as I love spending time by playing games with my friends in calls and meeting new people in the community.

In conclusion, I am not sure if you would consider 12-18 childhood, however, Mineplex has played a huge role in my life and in my character development, so I am very thankful to still be able to call myself a part of the community and to be able to spend time on the server with people that I enjoy spending time with.
    I am not sure how my life would have turned out if I never joined Mineplex, however, as I said, I wouldn't change a single memory or a single moment even if I could.

Posted Jun 17, 2021
    makw likes this.
  9. yes

Posted Jun 17, 2021
    Paladise and Ian923 like this.
  10. It is true for me. I took refuge in Mineplex when I moved away from my childhood town and found no acceptance within my new environment. It is questionable whether or not this was the healthiest replacement, but it sure gave me something to be excited about in my free time, especially when I was attempting to become staff.

Posted Jun 17, 2021
  11. Well, I've only been pl as young this for 2 years, so I dont really think I can say that it is my childhood. Maybe eventually though

Posted Jun 17, 2021
  12. Definitely is part of mine, wouldn't say a huge part but I enjoyed playing here and had a good time playing on here. I started playing on this server pretty early on around March 2014 and was 11 years old at the time. Can't remember what games I used to play but probably mixed arcade and a lot of the other casual minigames.

Posted Jun 17, 2021
  13. I wouldn't necessarily call it my childhood personally. But it definitely holds a place deep in my heart to this very day.

Posted Jun 17, 2021
  14. It was mine for both bedrock and Java! I do play bedrock more since my friends don’t have java, only bedrock. However it still is still a big part of my childhood.

Posted Jun 17, 2021
  15. I can agree to this since my first ever online game was Minecraft. My brother bought me to Mineplex and i instantly liked the server. I mostly played Turf Wars at that time and a bit of other games (ex.: sheep quest, Champions Team Deathmatch, etc.) I played for about a year or two before getting carried away with other games (sadly). I did make a comeback to this server last year though so all is good :D The nostalgia still hits me everyday when i join the server and roam around the main lobby.

Posted Jun 17, 2021
  16. Hey!

I've been around for a long time so it goes without saying this statement is true for me. I've been playing on the network since 2014, when I was only nine years old. I used to come home from school on weekdays and hop on to play some Survival Games on Mineplex. I remember I'd get home shortly after 3pm back in primary school and my dad would get home at 4, so I'd have an hour to play SG before I had to leap out of my chair, run to my room and pretend to be doing homework (I wasn't meant to play games on weekends!). This is such a wholesome memory of mine because it says so much about innocence. I didn't care about Enjin drama or whatever was going on in the wider community back in 2015, I just wanted to play and enjoy myself.

I don't recall what initially inspired me to join the server in the first place, but it was YouTubers that kept me coming back on numerous occasions. I remember DanTDM made a video playing Dragon Escape and a short while later, I got into DE and started to develop an interest in parkour. So much so that when I took a break from the server around 2017-19, I spent my time on smaller parkour servers with record-holding players. Another game I hold fond memories of is Evolution, which again I started playing after DanTDM made a video. I still love when it crops up in the Mixed Arcade rotation. After becoming familiar with various games on the network and really enjoying my time on Mineplex, I properly became invested in the server and began to take an interest in applying for staff and taking on a more active role within the community.

I wasn't really successful in this until I returned to Mineplex around December 2019. I was older and mature enough to establish a positive community presence on the server. Since then, I've become a staff member and helped out in so many divisions of the network thanks to the subteams I've joined along the way. It's crazy to think that my 11-year-old self was so upset over not being able to write a Trainee application and now I'm part of an amazing team that gets to review them.

Mineplex has changed in many ways since the 'glory days', there's no doubt about that. But no amount of changes the network has gone through extinguished my passion. Mineplex formed a big part of my childhood and it's not very easy to just forget that. I met one of my best friends in real life due to her overhearing me talk about Mineplex in primary school one day and she asked "You play Mineplex too?". Mineplex does and has tied in very much with aspects of my real life, which is part of what makes it so important to me.

Posted Jun 17, 2021
  17. mine is on the 360 lol, i did play the java demo for a few hours then years later getting java for real

Posted Jun 17, 2021
  18. I suppose in some ways it is to me, but not fully. I vaguely remember how I first found out about Mineplex, it was from a video by CaptainSparklez of them playing I believe it was Death Tag. After seeing that video, I remember joining and playing a few games and coming back every once in a while after school or on the weekends to play some of my favorites at the time: Dragons, Runner and Snake. That was probably around 2014-2015, around that time I was about to graduate High School so I wasn't necessarily in my childhood years anymore when I found Mineplex.

That same year, I took a small break from Minecraft in general and really focused on school and then returned in early 2018. Towards the end of 2018, I became a Trainee on Mineplex (for Bedrock, although I still actively play on Java) and was staff until April of 2019 before I resigned. During that time, Mineplex was a big part of my life and I spent a ton of time playing and making new friends. I even met someone on Mineplex with who I ended up moving in with, so Mineplex has definitely had a big impact on me these last few years.

Now fast-forward to 2021 and I've rejoined the staff team and even though it's been a few years since I was last on the staff team Mineplex has still been a huge part of my life and I wouldn't change any of it. Even though Mineplex wasn't necessarily my childhood since I first joined when I was older, it's still been an extremely important thing in my life and I'm glad I've had the opportunity to meet so many friends and have all these great experiences. :)

Posted Jun 17, 2021
  19. Yeah Mineplex was a pretty big part of my childhood. I think I joined around 2013 when my brother bought me this account. We used to come home from school and play a bunch of games here like survival games and SSM and it was always a good time. I've been on and off breaks throughout the years, but all I can say is that playing on this server no longer brings me the same kind of enjoyment I had with my sibling years ago, mainly because Mineplex has gotten much less popular and it is evident that staff are becoming more and more demotivated. After I hit level 100, I quit grinding and chose only to play casual with some close friends I've made this year, which is probably the only reason why I still play. The server has brought me more frustration than ever before due to cheaters that never get dealt with, toxic communities, and lack of updates. It's a shame to see a part of my childhood dying more everyday because enough love and dedication is no longer present.

Posted Jun 17, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  20. Hey!

Mineplex has been a big part of my childhood. In the beginning, I first joined Mineplex in 2015 after a friend recommended it to me. I would always come home and play Skywars or Survival Games and play all hours of the night. I've made some of my best memories while playing games and socializing with the community whether that be on the forums or in-game. I have been around the community for quite some time and I now have goals that I want to achieve; As many have, getting level 100 is a big goal of mine and hopefully one day I can finally reach it.

When I was younger, I was drawn to the server watching SamitoD and CaptainSparklez playing Champions Dominate and Survival Games (CaptainSparklez was the main reason I started to play Survival Games). Towards 2016, I had a pretty long break from Mineplex as a whole, but I made my return to the community in 2017. I have had so many enjoyable experiences on Mineplex and I met so many amazing people along the way and have made some pretty awesome friendships that I wouldn't trade for the world.

Posted Jun 18, 2021,
    Last edited Jun 18, 2021
    siee likes this.