• 1319 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1319 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex featured game rotation

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by MrGerund, Oct 8, 2020.

?

What do you think?

1. A good feature to have

80.0%
  2. A bad feature to have

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Could work with some changes

20.0%
  1. Hey all, lil introduction before i get to the suggestion... I'm MrGerund, "MrTwinkelz" on java mineplex and after randomly throwing an idea on discord, people seemed to like it, so i am making an extensive forum post on it with whatever scraps of knowledge i got on playerbase distribution and game attractiveness (or whatever you wish to call it). my phrasing can be really odd sometimes so don't account me for it pls... (E)

What is the featured game rotation?
    The featured game rotation is an idea to put all main mineplex games on a rotation of a "game boost", this game boost will last 1 to 2 hours based upon what the devs find best and hop onto a new game a few hours after one has ended to give people some room inbetween to do their missions if they wish to do so.

What is the purpose of this rotation?
    I think we all can't deny that mineplex has its inactive hours, to cause games to actually start, putting a spotlight on games which are globally announced could cause games to start more easily and keep them going for the full spotlight, this all is accomplished through game rewards.

What is this "game boost"?
    The game boost is supposed to boost mineplex experience (and gems?) gained for games during the boost, this will give new users an incentive to join the queue to start a game while also giving veteran users shorter queue times.
    Next to this, a "game boost" could also return game loot to the end of the game as a reward for staying the entire game, these rewards and propabilities for good loot scale with how long you've been playing in that lobby (server merge taken into account) and the length of each game. rewards can be gadgets all the way up to chests as a rare drop. This will generate incentive for people not to leave the match nor move onto a different game.

Final things:
    This is all the general info and goals i'm providing, if it doesn't answer all of your questions feel free to make a post so i can update this threat into a clear plan as proposal towards the mineplex development team, thank you for your time

~MrGerund

Posted Oct 8, 2020
    Rilau and Adrenaline like this.
  2. Thanks for taking the time to write out this idea!
    Overall, I don't think this is a bad idea, however, there are a few things I would change.

First off all, having a featured game for only a few hours would be a bit short, I believe. And a bit too similar to game amplifiers. I think a great way to combat this is to stretch out the times a bit more. Instead of having a new featured game every few hours, maybe we could only have featured games on the weekend, and have the featured game last all day.

Posted Oct 11, 2020
    Rilau likes this.
  3. Hey there! I like the premise behind this idea - encouraging players to play different games and rewarding them for staying in lobbies longer / playing games that are featured. I do, however, see some outlying issues with this suggestion.

First off, as Emiliee states, 1-2 hours won't be enough time to allow players to play these games. People might be upset if they miss one of their favorite games that was under the "spotlight" as you say. In addition to this, I don't think that the spotlight would be helping games to start, as any players that would go to these events would be leaving other games, causing them to die out. Lastly, I see a fairly large issue in having daily spotlight/boosts. Increasing rewards like (such as experience or gems) won't be a good idea if done daily, as it would make normal rewards obsolete. Most of the people who want to gain experience quickly will resort to play these games instead of games that they actually have a preference for, specifically because of the increased rewards.

Thanks for your suggestions! \o/

Posted Oct 11, 2020
  4. Late response... I get the concerns, would probably work better like that even so i dont have anything to add.

I still really like to shift activity during inactive hours though, so some more awareness on queues could be achieved in another way.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 19, 2020