• 1925 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6189 Players Online
  • 4264 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex How To - Guide In-Game

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by ATruePitato, May 23, 2019.

1. Heyo!

If you're currently reading this thread you are either new to Mineplex itself or you're just reading this thread to see what I have posted! (NOTE: This thread is mainly for new players seeking help in-game!)
    ( Firstly, you shall see a tutorial in game, however you might find this guide helpful! )
    So, if you're new. welcome to Mineplex! Mineplex is one of the largest and friendliest servers on Minecraft, Mineplex offers both EU and US servers that you can see above. If you can't locate this the IP for US is us.mineplex.com and the IP for EU is eu.mineplex.com Before I begin I'll like to say that you will find the community and the staff team optimistic, the community is so inviting and the Mineplex staff team is very professional and organized, I'm happy to be a part of the Mineplex community and I hope you will too! Aright! So let's begin, shall we?

When you first join Mineplex you'll most likely see this screen;
    [​IMG]

This is called the hub / lobby! This is where you can hangout with friends,queue for games, chat, etc! I'd like to point out that Lobby-1 is the most popular lobby, most people hangout there! You can change lobbies as well! :) Here's how;

You first have to check your inventory and click the thing that is called Lobby Selector, it looks something like this;
    [​IMG]
    (The highlighted object is the lobby selector)

When you click then you'll be offered different lobbies you can join! Just click on the lobby number you would like and you will be automatically teleported into the lobby you'd like to join. Alright, so we covered that part up, let's move on to Carl The Creeper, Sam the Slime, kits, chests, XP, shards, gems, cosmetics, titles, and levels!
    Carl the Creeper looks like this;

[​IMG] From Carl the Creeper you can get monthly rewards and daily rewards, and you can also get rewards by following Mineplex on YouTube, social media, etc. You can even vote for games that need to be updated with Carl The Creeper! To access Carl The Creeper's GUI just click on him and you can click on the rewards he has to offer for you, it says how many rewards you need to claim on top of him. Gems, shards, and chests are mainly what Carl The Creeper has to offer. Well...what are Gems, shards, and chests?

Gems and shards are like in-game cash, you can buy kits with gems, and chests with shards. Chests can be located in the lobby, and I recorded how to open them and what they give you. Here's a short clip;

You cannot buy a chest if you don't have enough shards. Also, what did I earn from those chests? Well, those are called cosmetics. In the lobby you can access these cosmetics for in-game purposes, like death effects, arrow effects, etc. You can also use cosmetics like morphs to morph into something in lobby, note that these don't work in-game. All you have to do is click on the chest in your inventory at spawn, I know right? Pretty easy!

Now what are kits? Well kits are something you can use in-game for which ever game you would like to play! Like I said you can buy kits with Gems, gems are earned by playing games. There are two types of kits, regular kits, and achievement kits! Achievement kits are earned by doing well in-game, and completing challenges. You can click on the kit so you can see what that specific kit has to offer.

Let's move on to a different subject! What is XP and levels? Well, XP is earned by playing in-game for a long time, completing challenges, doing well in-game, etc. XP can give you gems and shards depending how well you did, etc. XP is mainly to level up. Here's what a level looks like;
    [​IMG]
    I'm currently level 51, there are 100 levels, and let me tell you, it takes time and effort to level up! You can check your level by doing /exp and how much more exp you need to level up!

Now, let's move on to Sam The Slime and titles! Sam The Slime looks something like this;
    [​IMG] Sam the Slime if you click on him is where you can access Missions where you can get gems and shards for completing! Good luck! :3 And now what are titles? Well you can access titles by clicking on the enchanted book on the right of your inventory. Titles are basically names, you get these names by completing challenges, etc. You can enable them by clicking you book. The title will appear above your head, but you wont be able to see it, but others can!

So, let's move on to a different topic! How can you queue up for games? Well, you can click your compass in your inventory and that'll show you Mineplex's most popular games. Just click on the game you would like to play and you are queued, after a matter of minutes or seconds you'll be put into the game. But, if you'd like to play a game that's not on the compass just jump around, and look at the zombies. Just click a zombie to join that game, or enter the portal!

Before I end, I'd like to talk about the staff team and the community. The staff team is always there to help you! If you have a hacker, they'll will check into it, etc. They're there for your help. Also, the community is there to talk with you and hangout. The community is very outgoing and kind! Just do /friend to friend someone, and you can do /friends to access a GUI of all your friends. Also, if you'd like to play with multiple of your friends just do /party (name) and to speak in party chat do @ (message).

I believe I've covered mostly everything for ya'll newcomers, trust me, Mineplex is the best and you'll have a lot of good times! I suggest looking at https//www.mineplex.com/rules to see all the rules, and what you can do and what you can't.

Have fun on Mineplex!

-Thanks, for your time.

~Sincerely,
    Pitato

Posted May 23, 2019,
    Last edited May 26, 2019
    Jkaebub, darkmeen, BasicT and 4 others like this.
  2. Nice guide, I'm sure this will help for a lot of new players.

Posted May 24, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  3. Hey ATruePitato!

I like this thread because it is an easy to follow, quick start-up guide for all of the new players coming to Mineplex. I have seen many players in the lobby asking how to start playing on Mineplex. It can be a little frustrating to explain these things to new players, but once you start doing it, you get used to it. If I need to, I may link this to a new player.

Happy Memorial Day,

Notserp

Posted May 25, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  4. Hello!

You made a rather helpful guide to the basics of Mineplex which obviously will help a new player to know the most important aspects on the network and when they will browsing forums, I believe they will notice your thread. However, we have the tutorial in-game but it doesn't explain some details which you added to your thread but they are important.

Only, I would like to add some corrects/ say some issues. Firstly, when a player joins on the network for the first time, firstly he will see a tutorial before a picture which you showed. Secondly, you could mention that there is /exp command to check your progress until the next level. Third, why Carl's picture is so low resolution, you could take a better screenshot of that.

In general (besides what I mentioned above), you've made a great job on that. The community will appreciate your efforts, so keep it up! :D

Posted May 26, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  5. Heyo!

This is an awesome guide for new players. I am sure many newcomers will benefit from the guide. You pointed out all the basics of how to get around well. Great job, hope to see some more guides from you in the future!

Posted May 26, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  6. Hey there,

I would have deeply appreciate this guide when I first started to play Mineplex. I’d suggest adding a section describing the different ways a player could communicate with the staff team such as through reports or XenForo direct messaging. Nonetheless, great job on this thread, I’m sure a lot of future players will find it helpful!

Posted May 26, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  7. This is a wonderful guide to any new players joining Mineplex! I highly suggest that a new new players here read through this guide very well and understand it to its fullest.

I would suggest (if you're up to it) making a guide like this for each of the games on Mineplex. I'm sure a lot of players, including me, would appreciate it. Nice work!

Posted May 26, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  8. Heyo, @Evgeen !

Thanks, for your compliments and I've added all your suggestions!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 26, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  9. Seems like quite a helpful guide!

Posted May 26, 2019
  10. That is an excellent guide thread for what you have! I believe that this will help all the newer players who are new to this community. The players will learn more about the community better. I see that you made tons of details and explanation about the server. I don't have any suggestions that I need to address or something that needs to change.

Overall, that is an informative thread that you have!

Posted May 27, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  11. OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 27, 2019
  12. This is a wonderful thread and from everything I've seen, is very well made. I've had one or two people mention this thread to me, telling me how informative it was. Even that they had learned a few things, or a couple details, about Mineplex and the unique structure we have in place. I read through your entire thread, and while I knew almost all of what was shared, it was still a fantastic guide.

Not only are you helping newer players, but you're doing it in a informal way to ensure they feel comfortable and welcomed. I couldn't not be happier with the outcome of this thread and all the positive responses you've received. The pictures you've littered throughout are a great touch, and makes the overall thread look well put together. Keep up the fantastic work.

Posted May 27, 2019
    Jkaebub and ATruePitato like this.
  13. Thank you very much, it means a bunch! I wouldn't like to let new players struggle with things, so I tried pretty hard on this guide. Thank you for reading through it even though you all ready know everything about it. Means a lot! <3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 27, 2019
    happilycam > Doctar likes this.
  14. Hey!

Very nice guide! This should help all of the new players on Mineplex, as Mineplex may seem confusing at first when you log on. Great job!

Posted Jun 1, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  15. Hello!

This is a very well done and professional post on how to start on Mineplex. I wish I had something like this when I first joined. This thread can really help out someone new to the server and make them want to stay on the server.

Thanks for making this! :)

Posted Jun 4, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  16. Woah! This guide is very well made! The visuals give it a very nice boost as well! I commend you for making it, and it looks like you definitely spent the time needed to make it! <3

Posted Jun 4, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  17. Very nice guide! I would definitely recommend this thread to new players for them to look at!

Posted Jun 5, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.