• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5449 Players Online
  • 2559 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex in 2019: All Updates & Events [Year in Review]

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Evgeen, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Hello everyone!

Today I prepared something special. As you could already guess from the name of the thread today I prepared a thread about Mineplex in 2019. So, I'm going to go through all the updates/events which occurred in 2019 and put them to one place. You might remember that in the last year I made something similar to that (if you don't, you can check it here) and it was liked by people.

A year after the great feedback which I received, I'm back with another thread which is reviewing one year on Mineplex, it's 2019. This time I made some improvement by putting everything to Google Document instead of the thread itself which is better because forums have some limits in formatting and it will look better on the doc.

Before giving a link, I should say that all updates in this document are clickable and if you will click any update, it will bring you to full thread/changelog. Also, you can see 2 colors there: Blue is used to show that this update is forums thread & Cyan is used to show that this update is from Official Mineplex Discord and in order to see that you have to be on a member of Discord Server. Additionally, you can see that some updates marked with bold text which means that they are most important and big enough.

So, the link to the document with all updated/events from 2019 on Mineplex you can find down below:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LhChk7kqeyOJyfuLQWfKs06q4DQtXnFRU01xhsi1iBc

If you go to the end of the document, you can find statistics of all updates. If you have questions about that, you can ask me. You may even compare it with the statistics from the last year and see what year was better in terms of updates. If you find any mistake or error or maybe some links will be incorrect, feel free to message me on Forums/Discord/Slack to let me know, so I will fix that.

I spent my time to put all updates in the one place for easier understanding what happened on this year on Mineplex. It will be definitely helpful for people who back to Mineplex after not playing for a long time. I hope my work will be apprised and you will enjoy this thread. It took me around 4 days to prepare everything.

Before finishing a thread I have one question to ask: What's your Top 3 of updates from 2019?
    For me it is: #3 - Website Update v0.3.0, #2 - PPC Update, #1 - Engine Update.

Alright, for now, bye everyone! I hope y'all have a great winter break.

Posted Dec 30, 2019
    Sheffield, Valenia, Im_Ken and 19 others like this.
  2. Hey Ev! Really good job on compiling all this information into one document. I was fortunate enough to read the document before it came out and got to give my input on it. Personally for your question, number one was definitely the Engine update in January as it changed and improved the whole gameplay and feel to the server, secondly is the EU merge in August and finally, I would say the Advent update recently.

Posted Dec 30, 2019
    Im_Ken and Evgeen like this.
  3. Great job Ev. I can't imagine how much time you have spent into this thread and I must admit it was worth it in the end. This is all very detailed and accurate information and I'm sure it will help everyone who comes across it. For your question, all my favourite updates were... map updates that were released after 11th november :p

Posted Dec 30, 2019
    Im_Ken, Hxmza and Evgeen like this.
  4. Nice work on putting this together! It's very easy to read or skim through if you like, as it is colour-coded and the major updates are usually the ones with their own thread/changelog on the forums. I have only resumed activity on Mineplex as of recently so it was really interesting to take a look at its developments over the year! My top three updates are the ones that have already impacted on my experience here within the short time I have been back on the network.

Firstly, I can't get over all of the map updates that were introduced due to their incredibly high standards that I notice almost every day. Secondly, I would have to say the merge of the EU and US network in July was a good decision, and finally I particularly enjoyed the Winter Holiday Update, which I will remember looking back as a mark of my return while also proving a great way of getting into the Christmas spirit.

Would love to see this again next year. Keep up the amazing effort!

Posted Dec 30, 2019
    xGetRekted and Evgeen like this.
  5. Wow this is so detailed! I really admire your dedication in creating this document! It's interesting to see when things were introduced as well, I know of all the updates this year but I wasn't too sure about when all the changes were introduced, so thank you! I know it's not too hard to figure out, but it could be nice to put a disclaimer at the top of the document about how the date is in European format. My little American brain was confused for a hot second :P

Thanks for putting this together! I hope many people will get to check it out.

Posted Dec 30, 2019
    Im_Ken, Animalll and Evgeen like this.
  6. Man, I really don't like being purely negative, but this year was so disappointing. Most of the games that required, and require, the most work, weren't even touched. The significant updates from this year were mostly for holidays, and while Christmas this year was very nice, shouldn't we be seeing other noteworthy things throughout the whole year? Area 51 Raid was a mess and a total waste of developmental resources; it's hard for me to take that excuse seriously anymore now just because apparently that took priority over literally anything else. Highly requested forum ideas were not implemented. The holiday updates that weren't Christmas were severely disappointing in my opinion (not counting Valentine's Day since it was fine and there's only so much you can expect from a B-tier holiday). GWEN is still bad with seemingly no hope on the horizon for a good GWEN developer. I really don't think communication with production/the higher-ups/developers has improved at all, even though Community Management and its various subteams still operate frequently and virtually everywhere on the network. And that's just the stuff that affects me...

Bedrock (which, keep in mind, is a much more profitable venture than Java) only got 3 major updates all year, and only 6 smaller updates all year. How ridiculous is that? I can't imagine how Bedrock players feel getting new pet after new pet, constantly being ignored about just about every other concern.

I will say this, though: the Build Team has consistently impressed me with its diligence even when every other aspect of the network isn't doing well. This year, we got 24 map updates and 356 new maps. That's almost a map for every day of the year, and I think that's pretty cool. I get making and pushing maps is not the same thing as making and pushing game updates, but I still feel the need to give credit where it's due. Build Team, y'all did a great job this year imo. Also, I want to mention there have been some smaller, yet still good, changes that made me happy. Newsletter Team improved its MO with new art direction and article production, focusing more on what the community has to say instead of reiterating obvious events from the last month. Community Management realized Feature Upvote was a redundant platform and discontinued its use. Though the entire controversy surrounding Game Insights this year was a disaster, I respect the 180° turn from kicking non-GI from the Discord to attempting to create a feedback hub. Rules Committee via the Mineplex Discord has been more open to changes in my opinion- not everything suggested happened obviously, but some did. Though it's more recent because the Event-1 server was broken for a while, I think there has been more effort put into events (such as the story time events with predetermined plots). Marketing, or at least the part that deals with Twitter/skin packs/Marketplace items, made itself available to feedback through the GI Discord, and though I personally haven't seen a ton of change in that area, it's a good thing to put yourself out there for potential constructive criticism.

I think the takeaway from 2019 is this- needless to say, there is much room for improvement in the coming year. Things went either bad or mediocre this year on the whole, but on the flipside, there have also been some good, albeit smaller, changes/decisions that I can confidently say I enjoyed.

Posted Dec 31, 2019
  7. just a small side note too...

the MI Team has also collectively fixed just under 1000 individual map issues this year so woooo! keep sending them in gamers B)

Posted Dec 31, 2019
    xLeopard, CrazyOfTim, skreb and 8 others like this.
  8. Wow, I love all of the work you put into this compilation! It absolutely blows my mind on how you keep such amazing track of every record this year on Mineplex. Something else that I absolutely love is how you have exact dates next to every event! Thank You so much for this and I for sure will read through all of this! Amazing job!

Posted Dec 31, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  9. Another amazing post. I love how you tracked everything that happened this year and compiled them all together so we can see all the changes that Mineplex has went through. Thank you for this, and let's hope that 2020 is a great year for Mineplex.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    Evgeen likes this.
  10. I thought I'd at least be mentioned a tad bit :angryyoda:

Just kidding! Nice little document though!

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    Evgeen and AtlantaTV like this.
  11. nice, but if only they could fix minestrike :D

Posted Jan 12, 2020