• 475 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6242 Players Online
  • 5767 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex is losing even more players and here is why

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by LightDasher, Apr 11, 2021.

1. i mean or even have 5 ranks, and you move up a rank every 5 or 10 wins, and play others in your rank. Not hard at all, its basic counting

Posted Apr 14, 2021
  2. The problem with that is the games would never start because there aren't that many players in the first place. Even together with the sweats, some games like bridges barely start

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 14, 2021
  3. Yeah well, I doubt that "tryhards" will care. On the contrary I feel as though they thrive on the presumptuous thoughts that is them giving a damn about what other peoples perception of them are.
    Ok you want to bring awareness, that's cool. How does that really help though? Everyone knowing about the issue of tryhards sweating will do what exactly? Riddle me this, how do you think Mineplex should go about solving this issue? I imagine much of their revenue comes from Immortal, and it is is no secret that immortals are usually bought by the tryhards that you think ruin the appeal of this server.
    My final question for you is this; How do you think the issue on tryhards sweating over the playerbase should be handled?

Posted Apr 14, 2021
    EpicEnderDragon1 likes this.
  4. The difference is that suggestions shine a light on new/common issues and a way that they should be resolved, and bring in new interesting ideas into the minds of the playerbase.

This thread is doing neither of those things. In fact, the only new thing I learned off of this thread is that people are still creating threads about topics that have been repeated time and time again, and to what end? There's no clear way to deal with the tryhard situation, and threads like these almost never pose any sort of solution that is favorable for mineplex. "Create a ranked System" to split up the playerbase? for people to smurf?

Creating a thread like this, needs to be created like a persuasive essay. An idea, supporting evidence, reasoning and conclusion. Otherwise, all this is, is a reminder of how far this community is fallen.

Posted Apr 14, 2021
    EpicEnderDragon1 likes this.
  5. Not all bedrocks are bad >:(

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  6. Hence why I said "most are bad"

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  7. It’s mostly kids on their mother’s iPad lol some games I can just kill everyone without being hit lol

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  8. Most suggestion threads don't "shine a light on new issues". Most of them are things that have been around for ages that mineplex hasnt tried fixing for years, nor will they likely ever fix.

Mineplex Leadership Team doesnt care about what the community thinks, they add what they want to add even when they have no explanation to defend it.

Therefore, there is no point of suggestion threads, since they do not affect the decisions of LT.

Posted Apr 15, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  9. Says the one that died to me :P lol

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  10. what game and also are you a kid with his mothers ipad?

lol

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  11. FYI my mom doesn’t have a iPad I have my own lel

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  12. lol what game tho

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  13. Skywars... bro this was like one or two weeks ago!

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  14. ah yes, i was lagging hard and streaming...had to delete the stream VOD cause of what i said when i died

Posted Apr 15, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  15. Honestly, even though Mineplex has indeed lost some of its players for the time being, it does not mean the player base will stay this way forever; the player base can easily change over time, so I believe nothing is set in stone just yet.

Posted Apr 17, 2021
  16. If Mineplex continues its thread of barely updating anything useful, or if they update gwen for example but don't put any info on it somewhere, it will not attract any new players whatsoever because of how unbalanced the games are right now among other things like game-breaking bugs, closeters, the major lag spikes recently, no content creators, etc. So the only people left will be the players who have been at Mineplex for years, and once they start leaving and continuing on their lives, there will be no player base.

Posted Apr 17, 2021
  17. Mineplex is Mineplex. It may not be a perfect community but, people have the tendency of growing out of things. They move on. The player base is an ever-changing thing that never sits still. It changes over time with older players leaving and newer ones joining. Simple as that.

Posted Apr 17, 2021
  18. These are difficult problems (if we even accept they're problems that need fixing in the first place) to "solve" because they're ultimately consequences of how people choose to act. Mineplex can't really force people to behave in a certain way. That being said, there are rules, but these are statements which clearly identify unwanted conditions, prohibits them, and are followed by everyone (mostly). It might be difficult to design rules that effectively prohibit sweating and edating - moreover, I doubt they'd be majorly welcome in reality if they were enforced.
    I'm sure the idea of destroying the opposition is fun to the people sweating - furthermore it is a legitimate way of playing, even if we all frown upon it. I suppose this "edating" phenomenon must also be a source of fun to those who partake in it... so both are always going to exist. Theoretically, sweating may be mitigated by effective balancing mechanisms, and you could always ignore the chat if you find yourself cringing at what people say, as is the case with edating, it seems.
    You seem to highlight an apparent bias towards Immortals - I highly doubt this exists, nor do I believe Mineplex would side with them for "money". That in itself would be unethical, and damage Mineplex business-wise and PR-wise.
    It might appear that Mineplex has no solution, but I also don't see you proposing anything? I imagine this must be cathartic for you, but it appears to me like the same generic "Mineplex is dying" thread that has always popped up since many years ago; oracular title, haphazard mentions of apparent issues, and no proposed fixes. No wonder why there may be no motivation to fix things as you say - the poor developers/relevant staff must constantly face the same sort of demoralising spiel on a regular basis. As someone also said earlier, there's nothing being contributed by this rhetoric.

Posted Apr 17, 2021
  19. Most of my friends including myself can click above 15, and we’re what Java players call the inferior race (Bedrock), so I don’t really know what you’re talking about.

Posted Apr 17, 2021
  20. wow scaywee

Posted Apr 17, 2021