• 308 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6491 Players Online
  • 6183 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

mineplex isn't the same

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Uchiha Itachi, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Trainees, Moderators, and Sr. Mods are volunteer positions. They are not paid. Admins+ are paid, I think this includes Support agents. Since you can apply to be a trainee, and trainees get promoted to moderators it would not make sense for Mineplex to pay moderators (due to having so many of them). You're talking about Mineplex? Do you have evidence of someone credible who said they were paid?

Posted Aug 13, 2021
  2. They were speaking about Hypixel here. All positions on Mineplex up to Admin+ are volunteer - nobody gets paid. However, Support Agents, Developers, and people on the Marketplace Team do, for the work they do. The actual moderation staff team on Mineplex doesn't get paid, though, and probably never will.

Posted Aug 13, 2021
  3. I think we should let mineplex die and rest in peace. Yes, it was a good server, but all nice things will come to an end

Posted Aug 13, 2021
    Name Tag likes this.
  4. Apparently its a leadership issue, the owners aren't exactly active and they don't seem to have the community's best interests at heart.

Posted Aug 13, 2021
    Hirud likes this.
  5. My only complaint is that after bedrock was created and the Admins/Devs got split up, they didn't even think about if there were enough Devs or not. Anyone will be surprised that Mineplex just started hiring Devs after the server kept falling for about 3 years straight.

I know, but these changes are somewhat minor bugs (Which should have been fixed ages ago but I appreciate that someone is actually doing it now). The biggest bug fix was Block Hunt hitbox issue, which I am still not happy about because the game is still not balanced in the first place.

Posted Aug 14, 2021
    sneebsnob and CatFan105 like this.
  6. thanks for all your replies. glad to see some comments regards to the current status of mineplex.
    the way i see it, all steadfast mineplex java players will continue to play the game until it inevitably crumbles.the time for a revolutionary update is way past due.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 14, 2021
  7. I'm not active here anymore in the slightest and probably never will be again.

I played mineplex from 2019 to early 2021 and it got pretty obvious playing the server that things were going downhill. I personally noticed drama going on within the staff team and with staff (even tho never being staff myself), There was a lack of updates for the first year I joined, then they pushed out a bunch of updates, and went back to not as many, which gave players false hope and some left after that. No actual new games since 2017, meaning nothing really to draw back in community or get new players. Hypixel is building up on their player popularity, pushing constant updates, and has hundreds of games players play, so people moved over to there. Mineplex has also a lack of moderation and clear rules, causing some players quiting due to constant situations and etc.

I remember trying to pointing some of this out a year ago but no one noticed or took care, like normal. Higher ups rarely take community wants into consideration.

Another thing is developers are severely underpaid, and mineplex wants the best of the best devs still, one week I heard there were 50 people who applied for dev, and none of which made it onto the team. The current java dev team is all personal friends with AlexTheCoder pre-getting developer, meaning there's a fair amount of favoritism playing out.

Mineplex also no longer has any active bigger youtubers, which probably also has something to do with no new games, or anything that attracts them to mineplex for any reason. If mineplex is lucky, someday maybe one will play for a nostalgic video.

The server has also become more competitive, making some games impossible to learn to play and win due to a surplus of sweaty players, which is what most of the server is made up from now to my understanding. There's still alot of great players on the server that I know of, but some of them getting to the brink of leaving if they haven't already (most of my friends including me have quit playing).

Ex-Staff are also acting kinda corrupt / childish, while even if their not still staff, looks stupid and questionable as of why they were on the team in the first place, given @Sven 's very nice example earlier. I've seen this several times over the 2 years I played the server, and it has always bothered me to a certain extent.

There also hasn't been any new staff members in over a month, which if this keeps going on, there'll be no one for trainee mentors to mentor, and I'm not sure why there's a lack, my guess is either not good enough applicants, or not enough people applying anymore, and the recruitment team still holding up their standards to when the server was still getting a 2k peak daily.

at the end of the day, mineplex has nothing new to draw in players, server issues and community problems are dragging away players, and the staff team is shrinking slowly. The server would have to do so much to save itself, including lowering its standards, which I don't see happening anytime soon.

Thats all I have to add to this thread <o/

Posted Aug 14, 2021,
    Last edited Aug 14, 2021
  8. If you were to pay youtubers these days they would be very expensive knowing how big their channels have gotten. The owner defek7 said that was the issue with getting youtubers and paying them, as well as not having anything else to attract the new players with as well. Just thought I'd comment on this part.

Posted Aug 14, 2021
    SlashInvis likes this.
  9. Before it was just a lack of development on java, but we got a new dev recently whose been super active in the community and is honestly the savior of mineplex. This may increase player count more but I just feel that a lot of the basis around why mineplex is not a good server is that if you were to ask a random Minecraft player what they thought of mineplex they would say 'too many hackers'. I have no dev experience and I'm honestly not even sure if our current gwen dev is here but if we really do want more players, we need more publicity and a better and improved anti cheat.

Posted Aug 14, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  10. sven made these kinds of posts even while he was Sr.Mod

Posted Aug 14, 2021
    sneebsnob, Name Tag, scarlet and 2 others like this.
  11. Hold up - how is pointing out faulty logic childish or corrupt? I’m kind of confused on that one…

True

Posted Aug 14, 2021,
    Last edited Aug 14, 2021
    Im_Ken, Xukuwu and anna dot like this.
  12. I feel like pretty much everything you mentioned here is either surface level stuff or stuff you don’t have any information on and probably don’t have any room to talk about. You say developers are underpaid but that’s not public information so suggesting that they are is ill informed also you’re calling ex staff corrupt for… being themselves once staff resign they are community members they aren’t held to the same standards just because they no longer have to be professional does not mean they’re corrupt? Suggesting they should is ridiculous and no way means they are childish or corrupt…

Posted Aug 14, 2021
    Im_Ken, Xukuwu, 20LeeBrian1 and 2 others like this.
  13. this server is rlly boring nowadays. just give ssm a giant update rather than map updatessss

i actually agree with this hard

Posted Aug 15, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 22, 2021
  14. t3 said something about pay awhile go in the GI discord and although I believe he specified it referred to admins/leaders, if dev pay is similar it definitely was not enough for Mineplex's state at the time. Not to say hes some unbiased source of truth, but I wouldn't dismiss someone that had his position so easily.

Posted Aug 15, 2021
    SlashInvis likes this.
  15. mineplex died mainly because of the owners’ neglect of the server. the reason there was such a wave of staff resignations is because more and more staff are realizing that there’s virtually no hope.

it really isn't the general staff team's fault - they have very little, if any, control over what updates get pushed out, what general decisions are being made for the server, etc. if you want someone to blame, blame the owners.

Posted Aug 15, 2021,
    Last edited Aug 15, 2021
    Arshaad_73, Im_Ken, Ian923 and 9 others like this.
  16. If the owners do care, then perhaps there shouldn't be a player count decline. If I were to be honest, I feel like 2022 wouldn't change anything only unless the leadership peoples and the owners have strong positive agreements and efforts, and there would be less resignations. Unfortunately, I only joined on June 2019, so I don't know what was going on before my official join.

Posted Aug 15, 2021
  17. As Umbreon suggested, the "primary issue" you are looking for is ownership, whether it be through general neglect or enabling the destructive behaviors of others.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect any serious changes unless someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about Mineplex's issues buys out the current owners' shares of the company.

Unless you are in a position to do that, then the best thing you can do is enjoy Mineplex for what it currently is, move on when you can't find that enjoyment anymore, and don't waste time overly scrutinizing the people who don't hold the power to change anything.

Posted Aug 15, 2021,
    Last edited Aug 15, 2021
    Look_Dan, ceph, NathanStrafes and 4 others like this.
  18. The owners don't care and there is weak leadership. That point has been mentioned enough already so I won't go on. But this is causing Mineplex to die. It needs leadership and it needs updates. Many people here feel like if the owners don't care about the sever, then why even play it? It feels hopeless because it feels like our suggestions are being ignored or they take too long to implement.

If there are so many broken things that aren't being fixed, then some people aren't going to want to play. I rarely get on anymore. I logged in a grand total of 10 times this year just because of the lack of change/improvement and Mineplex stopped being fun.

Another issue is that I feel like java edition is turning very sweaty. Unlike me, some other long-time players haven't left yet and they continue to grind multiple wins a day, and games are overrun with them. I think this is pushing away newer players who are not able to keep up with the competition. They are not going to enjoy this if there are sweats every time they try to play. Instead of trying to get better, they are probably going to leave especially if they play cake wars and the sweat party always eliminates them after 1 minute. In my opinion, Mineplex isn't hospitable to newer players because of that reason and also because a lot of toxicity I had witnessed back when I played regularly. So they are not able to retain new players which is another reason why it is dying.

I didn't read all the replies so hopefully this doesn't repeat what people already said

Posted Aug 16, 2021
  19. That was cutthroat Timmi. Keep it up, great entertainment :sigils:

Posted Aug 16, 2021
  20. What did he say specifically?
    That might at the very least partially explain the very low code quality.

Something something you get what you pay for...

Posted Aug 16, 2021