• 301 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6632 Players Online
  • 6331 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

mineplex isn't the same

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Uchiha Itachi, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Hmm probably a good idea

Posted Aug 18, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  2. I've read lightly over a few of theme threads and I wanted to go ahead and give my own input on why
    Mineplex is struggling and why it isn't "same" anymore. The first obvious answer to why Mineplex isn't the same anymore is because, nothing can ever live up to nostalgia. Many people who still play Mineplex today are nostalgic of what it used to be like when they were younger. Except that is the obvious answer, imo there's a lot more to fully answer this question. First off Mineplex as of right now is in a state of what I like to call rebuilding, or reconstruction. Hypixel is the leading Minecraft server and Mineplex is slowly dwindling in players. As said by a few other threads content creators are not going to go to Mineplex, and Mineplex doesn't want content creators as of right now. The Mineplex teams wants to focus on bug fixes, updates, and new content so that if content creators do come back to Mineplex there will be stuff for them to do that pulls Mineplex apart from servers such as Hypixel. In the end of the day Mineplex is a business, one of there main goals will be to make money and make a profit, and if they are smart they will find ways to do this and satisfy the community as much as possible. People are always going to be annoyed and disagree with stuff you do, but if the whole community is against you know that somethings wrong. To go back to my point about Mineplex being in a reconstruction period, they just hired a new dev, Timmy who is doing phenomenal work. They are looking for more devs and expanding the staff team. With all of this it means that they want to grow the server but they are being smart about it so that if the server does grow they have resource to maintain and increase this growth. Thank you for listen to my TedTalk.

*Also quick thing for anyone who wonders who I am. I am Morrixz, I have been playing Mineplex since 2014ish and my favorite game is clans on Mineplex. I am currently taking a break from MP to focus on other stuff, but I still love to keep in touch and see what's new.*

Posted Aug 19, 2021
  3. -snip-
    Light Dasher I would like to say that I am sorry about my unkind words. it’s just that me and Cat fan are friends and we are not some 8 year old kids. Also I would not say the staff team is corrupt it just needs work.

Posted Aug 19, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  4. it needs work which it isn't gonna get

Posted Aug 19, 2021
  5. True

Posted Aug 19, 2021
  6. It will get better if the mineplex leaders and admins listen...

Well I have seen many good ideas, and I have a plan, but the mineplex community has to approve.

Posted Aug 19, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 22, 2021
    cernsie likes this.
  7. Makes cake wars easier

Posted Aug 19, 2021
  8. They are, its just that the working as a Leader and Administrator has a ton of responsibilities - its not as easy as snapping your fingers.

Posted Aug 20, 2021
  9. They really arent, we have been asking for many things for years. What other responsibility are there to delay them from not focusing on the community for years... I understand that there are responsibility but that shouldn't mean owners can go years without talking to the player base and i mean recently with the communication from the leadership team to the player base has been worse then ever.

I mean look at clans... 0 updates in over 1-2 years (i cant remember). When was the last time we had someone come up from the leadership team and address the issues, its a joke.. Alex keeps delaying times for updates. "Hopefully in the next month or two" *6 months later* nothing and no updates. Thank you leadership team! - If any of you could reply to this and address the issues of dev time then that would be appreciated, and if someone could talk about what Alex the head dev has done in the past 2 years that would be great as well!

Whens clans getting attention? Can we get some more updates on that?
    When will java get updates that arent maps or bug fixes?
    When will the new java game mode come out?
    When will SSM fixes come out?

Posted Aug 20, 2021,
    Last edited Aug 20, 2021
  10. While Timmi's bug fixes have been great, they are mostly superficial things.

The core "infrastructure" remains broken (as it is Alex' responsibility). So until that guy starts doing (the Java-Sever related part of) his job, it will be more of the same.

Posted Aug 24, 2021
    anna dot, rray and Sven like this.
  11. I'm only here to work on the mostly superficial things and that is what I'm doing.

Posted Aug 24, 2021
  12. We love and appreciate you Timm! The things you work on aren't just superficial because they benefit the player base in a real and tangible way. <3

Posted Aug 24, 2021
    Arshaad_73 likes this.
  13. there have been hundreds of posts like this. It's fair to say that mineplex has plenty of issues, but posts like these won't necessarily help that come along, considering this is only one of many.

Posted Aug 24, 2021
  14. You're right. The only thing likely to cause them to change course is large numbers of Immortal Players threatening to stop paying their monthly dues.

But other than that, posts like these help capture the general mood of the player base. Can't keep "positive only" in this environment.

Posted Aug 24, 2021
  15. I wouldn't say that they are lazy, and more busy. What I mean by busy is that they are dealing with a constant amount of people ddossing the regular domain, and since they are the higher-ups, they are the ones to blame. So they aren't lazy they are just very busy

Posted Aug 25, 2021
  16. I highly disagree with this. They are most certainly lazy if not completely uninterested about the server's livelihood. Proof of this can be seen through numerous staff openly voicing their concerns on threads. Some of them even stating that the Administration Team is one the running things behind the scenes. As a matter of fact: the admins themselves have openly tried to communicate with the leadership + owners to no avail.

Posted Aug 25, 2021
    ItsMeTanish likes this.
  17. People ddosing is their excuse. Any relevant game will have had their share of DDOSing.

And mineplex isn't even self-hosted. They use a Chicago-based Partner. They are the ones fending off DDOS attacks. Not mineplex.

Posted Aug 25, 2021
    ItsMeTanish likes this.
  18. If you can't beat them. Join them.

Posted Sep 14, 2021
  19. -

Posted Sep 14, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Nov 2, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  20. the reason they don't focus on bedrock is because they actually make more money from java with all the immortal subscriptions. But they don't really focus on java much either.. Just crappy and corrupt management I guess lol

Posted Sep 14, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.