• 577 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8211 Players Online
  • 7634 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Mineplex levels 101-200

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Krystal The Fox, Sep 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I dont wanna grind back up from 0-100. At some point, its too much exp and no longer fun

What u mean with new color system? Like new level colors? If so, you already have custom level colors at 100, so its not rly worth.

Crowns with different colors each level would be fine. Its still something to grind and even possible to reach for players, who are not 100 yet too

Posted Sep 19, 2018
  2. Yea I get what you mean, I don't think Mineplex would be able to implement different colors other than the ones already at level 100...

Posted Sep 19, 2018
    KilledByVoid likes this.
  3. They cant. The colors are given from Minecraft itself I think (16 in total from 0-9 and a-f (In numbers 0-15))

Posted Sep 19, 2018
  4. Yea that's the default ones that minecraft gives: full list is here:

[​IMG]

You also have the list of format codes which is bold, italics, strikethrough, underline etc..

Of course, the little symbol can be put as &, which is the color coding in bukkit.

Posted Sep 19, 2018
    KilledByVoid likes this.
  5. Maybe when you max out, you could get rainbow for a color?

Posted Sep 19, 2018
    aolei likes this.
  6. i feel like adding more stuff wouldnt be a good idea with the amount of games that are being played atm as it would be hard to get another 100 lvls and you have to remember that it would be harder to get 101 than 100 so getting 200 would need so much xp that it would just be too much to grind for and you wouldnt feel like you completed something ( my main in lvl 100)

Posted Sep 19, 2018
    KilledByVoid likes this.
  7. Rainbow colors is actually a reward Idea, we made for the crown thing. You would be able to make every single number into another, custom color or everytime you talk, you get a random combination. Its just an Idea, but its up to higher ups later, if it will be added or not (If we will bring the ideas we got up, once we are done)

Posted Sep 19, 2018
  8. I really like the idea of going beyond Level 100, since after you reach Level 100. You just get the perks and that's about it. I would lean towards having it every 10 Levels since it would be extremely repetitive if you have to prestige another 100 Levels. Other than that, I really love the idea! A definite +1 from me.

Now speaking of cosmetics and rewards. Since they have a reward system for every level which can be Gems, Amps, etc.. For the prestige to be cosmetics like taunts, more custom colours, titles and particles. Since with the prestige, it would be more considerable "worth it" cosmetics that have more an impact in-game. That would be a basis of it, for a suggestion of your idea.

Have a wonderful day! c: o/

Posted Sep 19, 2018
  9. Even though I'm not level 100, nor am I even close, I prefer the idea of prestige rather than just adding more and more levels. As previously said, if you add 101-200, eventually people will reach 200 and then the discussion will have to start over, with more levels being added. This does not sound ideal.

If I could design the system, I would set it up so that after reaching so much other XP, you receive a Prestige level, and this would appear before your level 100. Maybe with a gold star, for example. Your level would then be "1✪100" for Level 1 Prestige, "2✪100" for Level 2 Prestige, "3✪100" for Level 3 Prestige and so on. Or you could use Roman numerals to set it apart a bit more: "I✪100", "II✪100", "III✪100", etc. There could even be some rewards for certain prestige levels.

The other option would just be to implement infinite levels, which would be fairly simple. But my problem with this is that it feels like there isn't an "end" to the level system. Yes, Level 100 might still be considered an accomplishment, but then you have to keep going to Level 101, 102, etc. it doesn't make 100 feel special.

Therefore, I would support a prestige system over adding more regular levels.

Posted Sep 21, 2018
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  10. Let me enjoy being level 100 first pls

Posted Sep 21, 2018
  11. They should add infinite levels possible, but after level 200, you don't get any rewards.

Posted Sep 21, 2018
  12. why no rewards after 200?

Posted Sep 21, 2018
  13. Bump Bump Bump!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 23, 2018
  14. I'm not level 100, but I'd understand that it'd get boring to not be able to level up any more. However, I don't think adding more levels would be the best solution. Next year, someone who got to level 200 will come asking for levels 201-300, and it would keep on happening and it would get messy with all of the levels, not to mention there aren't that many colors so the level colors may become a bit bland.

I think a better way to do it would be to have tiers like other players suggested. Every time you get to level 100, you restart back at level 1 with some sort of reward. I think a roman numeral next to your name before your level would work. In addition you would also receive a title that says "I am tier [roman numeral for whatever tier it is]. I'm using roman numerals to spruce things up and make it more obvious, it can be any sort of counting system.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  15. This sounds like a very interesting idea! Level 100 these days either stop staying connected with the community or just play for fun as they aren't accomplishing anything with what they earn from games. As far as I know, I see absolutely NO negatives in doing this. The only change that should be made is that in order to level up, you must get 1000 times xp of that level to go to the next so it isn't such a hassle and nightmare to max out again.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  16. I am against this idea!
    I'm far from reaching the maximum level, but I admire who is in it, it must be very cool to be at the maximum level and brag about it. Plus 200 does not look like a nice number to the eye.

Posted Sep 24, 2018
  17. If you do the reset on exp, You could always give prestige players a cosmetic and title marking they've reset their levels. Could do something more, just an idea.

Posted Sep 25, 2018
  18. This thread is mainly tailored towards Java as there are more than 500 level 100s, on Bedrock there is only 1-5 so.

Posted Sep 25, 2018
  19. I'd much rather see a prestige system than adding 100 new levels. A prestige system wouldn't change the maximum possible level, so players like myself could make it to 100 and feel satisfied with that, but it would still offer a great opportunity for players who have reached level 100 to continue to work for something. I think adding more levels would disrupt the current leveling system in a way that I don't particularly love. Additionally, adding new levels would require a large change in the increase of xp required per level, as it would become downright impossible to get anywhere close to 200.

A prestige system is, in my opinion, the best possible solution to this. If players reached level 200, we'd have to have this discussion again, but with a prestige system, we could literally just keep adding prestige levels or make it more difficult. A prestige icon would look nice in chat besides level 100s' names and would generally allow for satisfaction of both parties: players who want to just get to the max level and players who want to go beyond that. I was thinking about a restart function - what if you went back to level 0 and had to get back up, but I decided that that would just be irritating and take away from the glory of level 100s. So perhaps a set amount of xp is created for each prestige and you just have to go from there.

In my opinion, a prestige system is a much better idea than adding 100 new levels, simply because adding 100 new levels could deter players who just wanted to reach the max level as well as force a change in the algorithm for xp increase per level. A prestige system would balance the players who want to reach the max level and the players who want to go beyond it much better than adding 100 new levels would.

Posted Sep 25, 2018
  20. Since it already takes so long to get to 100 I don't like this idea. While I've yet to make it myself I can imagine reaching level 100 gives that feeling of "I actually did it" or "Wow I'm the max level on the server". Adding in another 100 levels that will take twice as long to reach just doesn't sound that fun or necessary to me.

Posted Sep 25, 2018
    KilledByVoid likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.