• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Mineplex Marketplace Team (for the Forums)

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Knazamn | Skittles1052, Dec 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi!

A couple suggestions for players and staff on the Marketplace Team for the Forums:

1. Make the Marketplace Team a tag (like Trainee, Mod, Sr.Mod, Eternal, etc) and not just a sub-team. It would look like the current Artist tag, just says 'Marketplace' or 'Marketplace Team'. Some people just stop, sometimes looks at your tags, posts on your wall, or do whatever. Not as much of the time do they look at the sub-teams, nor do they know much about them (unless you already have information, but if you are just browsing and never cared about sub-teams [opinion] but they might not know).

2. Let the people on the Marketplace Team have a section so they can be on the Staff List. People on the Marketplace Team are working hard making skins, graphics, etc. and are not getting as much recognition for it as they should. The only way you know if 1. You see they have the 'Artist' tag (which is not as common) 2. You go through profiles and see that they have a sub-team called 'Marketplace Team' or has a M with a piece of bedrock under it, or 3. You go to https://www.mineplex.com/subteams/#medal-10 and see the people under the sub-team 'Mineplex Marketplace Team'. If implemented, it would most likely go under the Developer section.

3. Change the sub-team for the Mineplex Marketplace Team on https://www.mineplex.com/subteams/#medal-10 . It is not really a Builder Sub-team. Yes, builders can apply for the Marketplace Team, but it is not Builders only. Personally, I think it should go right at the top of the section 'Community Team', but you don't have to change on how the sub-team looks (or if you do my suggestion from 1.).

I take suggestions and opinions!
    Have a good day/night!

Posted Dec 23, 2019
  2. Yo!
    I'll respond to your points with the numbers that you have provided just to make sure it flows nicely.

1. I assume you are referring to adding a new rank in-game based on "Artist" or Marketplace. There have been a few threads regarding this already but that's all I can really say for now. I do however think adding a "Marketplace" rank would be confusing - so if it were to be added, then only "Artist" since it's more balanced with everything else.
    2. I personally don't see a huge reason to add us to the /staff page, since we aren't really "staff" - but if we were added, I'd assume it would be under the Builders since we aren't moderation by any means.
    3. The reasoning behind this is it started out as builders only for maps and it's grown into something more. I personally like it where it is - and since it matches nicely with everything else.

Overall, pretty interesting ideas but really I don't think it's needed to change anything at this moment.

Posted Dec 25, 2019
  3. We will not be implementing/changing the way the marketplace tags are and we are also not adding anyone to the staff page.

From Dean:
    "Marketplace is a mostly internal team. We, as a company, love to communicate with our users about our marketplace content. However, it being an internal team means that I want to limit exposure of individual members who are a part of that team. There is no reason for these members to be 'advertised' as requested. A small sub-team medal is fine. But I see absolutely no purpose in putting them on the staff page, highlighting the sub-team on the team page or giving them a purposeless tag in-game or on the forums."

Due to this never happening in the future and we have no plans to, we'll be locking this. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Dec 27, 2019
    Danese likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.