• 859 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9297 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mineplex Partners

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by M3k_, Jul 29, 2019.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes, every single part!

2. yes but I don't agree with some parts(comment what can be improved)

3. No, I don't like it

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hi guys, in my first thread I decided to present an idea that came to my mind yesterday.

Background:
    In the past I've been an Admin on a small server(with a player base of 50) but I later decided to found my own. During that period I understood the importance of a good advertisement, particularly on platforms like youtube and I remember that back in 2015 there were "Official Youtubers" in the staff page. I hadn't played minecraft for a couple of years and I don't know the exaxt reason why they were removed but I suppose it was because they stopped doing videos and/or because youtubers cannot be considered staff members. I'm going to propose something similiar while keeping in mind these two issues of the previous system.

What I propose:
    In my opinion, Mineplex should encourage youtubers and other content creators to produce videos on the server and I think it can be done by making some of them official Mineplex partners. Partners should have a separate rank from Youtuber/Twitch(I suggest the yellow color '&e') with higher requirements but the same in-game permissions. Now I'm going to list what I think the server should offer to Partners:

-A separate section on the website, similiar to 'Staff', dedicated to partners(named 'Mineplex Partners' or just 'Partners'). The page can show a list of partners and if you click on their profile you can get a quick access to their youtube/twitch channel.

-A quick way to contact an Administrator if they encounter any issues or if they want to propose something. They can tell an Admin when they are going to record and the Admin contacts a Mod available at that hour, the mod then proceds to make sure that the recording goes as smooth as possible by punishing any cheater and player that intentionally targets him without the need for the partner to report. If the partner requests a mod 5 times but only 2 videos are uploaded on the channel without a valid reason the Partner gets his rank removed for abusing(numbers were just examples).

-In-game announcements that link to the partner section of the website.

Finally I'm going to list what I think the Partner should offer to Mineplex:

- Videos on the server uploaded regularly (>=2 times a week), even if you have 10 millions subscribers you shouldn't be able to become a partner if you don't upload videos regularly(but you can still obtain youtube rank) <---This part is important

-A message similiar to "Minecraft server where I usually play: ip of mineplex" in both the channel and videos descriptions (even if the video is not related to the game).

-Like I said above, the subscriber requirement (for youtubers) and the spectator requirement (for streamers) should be higher than the Youtube and Twitch rank.

That's it, this should bring large amount of players on the long run, the only issue I see is that the workload of some mods and admins would increase a bit but it can be solved easily.

I hope you like this suggestion
    -M3k_
    Update

Posted Jul 29, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 29, 2019
  2. Everything you're proposing here is already active in the form of our big YouTuber rank, which, to my knowledge, very few (if any) content creators already hold. I doubt this will be implemented because there isn't a group of creators qualified for this rank with enough of a vested interest in Mineplex to justify it.

I'll forward this to our Content Creator Council for final feedback, but overall I'm not sure this idea is something we'll greenlight.

Posted Jul 29, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  3. Thanks for your reply :)
    I don't understand what do you mean by "Everything you're proposing is already active in the form of Youtube rank" because Mineplex doesn't advertise its youtubers and there are some inactive youtube rank players. As for their interest in mineplex, some may be attracted by the "website" part because Mineplex is one of the biggest networks and the would certainly gain subscribers but that's just my opinion.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 29, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 29, 2019
  4. Like Clqssy said forms of this already exist.

Like you stated there used to be a section on the website for official Mineplex youtubers that ultimately got removed. Since they weren't added back to the old website or added to this new one, I doubt that they would want to add a section for them again.

Content creators can also link their YouTube/Twitch channels to their xen profiles which will show up under the information tab. Content creators already have a way to directly contact admins and staff regardless of rank.

There are already upload/stream requirements to have one of the ranks and I think 2 times a week might be a bit much as creating content can take time and they may have other priorities outside of YouTube.

The requirements for the various content creator ranks were recently updated due to the decreasing popularity of Minecraft in general and I think adding something higher than the current requirements wouldn't be feasible for current content creators at this time.

Posted Jul 29, 2019
  5. You're certainly correct in that Mineplex doesn't showcase their featured content creators, but that seems like an update that could (and really should) be applied to the current content creators ranks.

When you reference "inactive youtube ranks," do you mean that there are ranks barely used or users possessing these ranks that are barely active on the network? Our Content Creator Council firmly monitors any applicants to and members of the network's Content Creator Program, and I can assure you that any features or members of the Content Creator Program have reasons for being there.

Posted Jul 29, 2019
  6. May I ask what the requirements are for that?

Posted Jul 29, 2019
  7. You can find the requirements for any of our Content Creator Program ranks here.

Posted Jul 29, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.
  8. Sorry, I wanted to write youtube rank players.
    I checked the stats of Surrealpower and he still has youtube rank but he didn't upload videos on Mineplex for months or even years. I wrote this thread because I thought that the only requirement for youtube rank is subscribers and not activity.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 29, 2019
  9. As far as I know, Mineplex has already been in the process of accepting and encouraging current content creators to post more mineplex related content on their channel or stream mineplex related content. The CCC, or content creator council, has been working hard from what I've been hearing to ensure that mineplex content creators are at least trying their best to record/stream for the server.

Even as of now, Mineplex is making changes to their own youtube channel stated here. So hopefully we can expect more advertisement for the server so that people would want to come and play, especially with the "rise of Minecraft again"

Posted Jul 29, 2019
    M3k_ likes this.
  10. Thanks to @ClqssyOwl and @xVanessa I realized that I hadn't considered a few things while writing this thread so I think I should update it.

I still believe that the server should have official partners, featured on the website , among creators and they should have a separate rank but the things I'm going to change about the proposal are the requirements,which I'm lowering to "YT,Youtube and Streamers who are very active", their channel and video description should still have something like "Minecraft server where I usually play: mineplex ip".
    @Unfavorited noted that mineplex channel is returning, I think that partners should be given the possibility of a collaboration with it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 29, 2019
    Unfavorited likes this.