• 879 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3458 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Sg Tournament

Discussion in 'Events' started by NonPressure, Dec 6, 2019.

1. This event will be a TEAMS OF 2 Survival Games Tournament

READ ALL THE INFO AND RULES BEFORE SIGNING UP!!!!!

-Details
    This Survival games tournament will be hosted on Mineplex (us.mineplex.com). Everyone will play 6 games/rounds in the prelims rounds. Winning a round will have your team entire team advance to the finals and spec the rest of the qualifying matchups. With there being 6 games, that means that finals will have a total of 6 teams. The first team in the finals that wins 2 games will be the Teams of 2 Champion.

Date and Time- This tournament will take place on December 21st at 5:00 EASTERN Standard Time. If you plan to sign up early please keep the date posted on calendar or set something in order to remember the date and time.

-How Teams are chosen/players in a game
    Teams will be chosen by a random draw, in order to make the teams for fair and balanced, this is also a good way for people to meet each and draw our community closer. Once we get 38 signups I will draw teams out live in a vc in the UnWired discord. Winners of the tournament will be able to have the option of keeping their team for the next tournament. (this includes the winners of the last one). VERY IMPORTANT: if your teammate leaves mid tournament, I will look for a substitute to take their place, meaning if you are a substitute that comes mid tournament, there is still a possibility you might play.

Rules

Ghosting will only be allowed by your teammate.
    There will be a 1 minute period at the start of the game where killing will not be allowed, during the 1 minute time, you are not allowed to hit, use kits, or place tnt (on mineplex tnt is released by left clicking so be careful)
    There is also NO CROSS TEAMING with other players unless there is a situation where it is a 2v1v1 final 4, that is the only exception, this goes for prelims and finals.
    IMPORTANT: The following kits will be BANNED from using, using these kits will result in a DQ. Banned kits- Horseman, Barbarian and Archer.
    There will no following/stocking/targeting allowed during grace, being caught could lead you to be DQed from the tournament.
    IMPORTANT: Before the game starts, you MUST /team with you teammate AND YOU MUST BE IN A PARTY WITH YOUR TEAMMATE. This is the only way teams can be properly assigned together.
    Of course there will be no hacking or use of unfair clients allowed during the sg tournament, doing so will result in disqualification from the tournament and ban from the server. PM me if you have questions on whats approved and disapproved.

-Registration
    To sign up, fill out the questions here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14mgwXkK46Ltf_PorKT6mdVDFOTfcEcUY4iBbTG_3sD0/edit Signups for the main roster will close when the main roster gets filled to 38 players. Once the main roster signups are closed or if you’re not sure about if you are going to make it, you are able to sign as a substitute as we are likely to need a few in cause people on the main roster don’t show or if someone leaves mid tourney, there will be an unlimited amount of substitutes allowed and there is no deadline to sign as a sub until the tournament is over. The discord server for the tournament is on the signup link.

Prizes- Winners of the tournament will each be rewarded with 10$. Note that the prize pool can be increased if we have sponsors that donate money to increase the prize pool.

Thats all, Good Luck to all signing up!

Posted Dec 6, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 6, 2019
    mab8400 and Bunni like this.
  2. ban axeman too :(

Posted Dec 6, 2019
    mab8400 likes this.
  3. What about closeters lol they are rampant and axeman is insanely op as said above

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  4. only one person used axeman last tourney, its not op when it comes to big tournaments because loot isn't as available since theres like 36 people in the tournament

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 6, 2019
  5. The game is still 24 players, if it is even full. That's not even the problem, the problem is throwing 8 axes at once from your hotbar in a single go and killing someone. That is insanely OP.

Posted Dec 6, 2019
    Mr_Ant87 likes this.
  6. the game isnt 24 players lol, its 36 becuase its in a mineplex player server, besides only one person used it last tournament and it was barely effective

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 6, 2019
  7. I was the dude who used axeman last tourney, I been using it since a year ago and have mastered it (~750. Solo wins) and yeah... didn’t perform as well as I thought it would, it’s much different utilizing the kit against people in public setting vs against people in a competitive setting.

Posted Dec 6, 2019
    NonPressure likes this.
  8. "Ghosting will only be allowed by your teammate if they are dead."

The wording of this feels a bit weird to me, as the only opportunity that your teammate can ghost is if they are dead. Should this be rewritten to something along the lines of 'You can only ghost for your team'?

I also find the 2v1v1 rule a little weird but hey, it's your tournament not mine.

I reckon Axeman shouldn't be allowed either, given how OP it can be in the right hands (and given this will be a competitive tournament it's more likely than not that it will be in those hands) and that kits that rival it in terms of power and annoyance are also not allowed.

Will you have a moderator on the server during the tourney to help look for an punish rulebreakers? Because I get the feeling that may be necessary.

There's a better way to format those points I reckon, but whatever. As for the tournament itself, I doubt personally that I will participate as the competitive setting isn't really the setting for me, plus I believe it clashes with something I have already scheduled. That said, I can't help but be interested in this tournament and I hope it goes well. I might even be tempted to help out if possible. Good luck with it.

Posted Dec 6, 2019
    Flame likes this.
  9. k ty

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 6, 2019
  10. Oh an MPS my bad, I thought you meant a public game. I didn't know MPSs could have so many players! That is a neat feature

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  11. Yea, some MPS-es can get really big. The size of the MPS depends on the rank of the MPS Owner. If they're Legend or Titan, the max is 40, according to the Mineplex store, but if you're Eternal the max is 60.

The more you know xD

Posted Dec 7, 2019
    NonPressure likes this.