• 1961 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1961 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Mineplex should add this

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Dpro88, Aug 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So are you ever in a mineplex game and someone keeps breaking everyone's crafting tables? Well, I think they should make it where if someone wants to break your crafting table then it would have to take them like 7 seconds. This is a lot better than when we couldn't break anyone's crafting table because other teammates can't trap you now. And if they try and trap you then you can still break the crafting tables. I have had many times where a player went around and broke all of my crafting tables. If this was delayed and it took the player 7 seconds to break it then I could have noticed it. This is something mineplex should think about.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
    SpitefulNick and Yato - Inactive like this.
  2. This is so true! Someone kept breaking my crafting tables and calling it 'karma' when I didn't even know what I did. I hope they do something about it.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
    Dpro88 likes this.
  3. Heyoo!

I agree that something needs to be done, I play The Bridges a lot and this happens from time to time, however, that is punishable after all. I would like to make crafting tables unbreakable by others so teammates can't interact with the crafting tables (similar to how the furnace works) but I'm not sure if that's something possible to make at the moment.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
  4. I think it would be nice if you couldn't break a table while someone is using it. It is griefing and just is really rude.

Since this idea somewhat makes it harder to grief.
    I'd give it a [​IMG]

Posted Aug 31, 2019
  5. I thought this was considered a protected block like furnaces are?

Posted Aug 31, 2019
    Yato - Inactive likes this.
  6. it used to be a protected bock but they changed this.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 31, 2019
  7. This is a great idea! It prevents players from exploiting it as a trapping mechanism, while still allowing for players to prevent massive trolling from players that want to break their crafting tables! I think a more effective way to do this would be adding a cooldown in between each crafting table destruction, so that way the period of breaking the block would remain the same, and you could extend the amount of time in between each attempt to discourage players from trying again.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
    Dpro88 likes this.
  8. Hey there!
    I think that this idea seems pretty interesting and quite simple. Although this idea is a pretty small change, I think that it can definitely make all the difference. I've never been an avid Bridges player myself but I know quite a bit about it to make some sort of comment on this thread. And since it is quite a small idea, I don't think it's necessary that I go quite in depth and so I'll get straight to the point.

I've played multiple Bridges games and although I haven't come across many players who have done this, I think clearly still out there and adding some sort of restricting system to it may be the best solution. I was considering suggesting some sort of restrciton that allows players to use it but doesn't allow players to break it. Like a block in any other game. Cooldowns between chests is definitely an option but I think that trolling would still appear every 7 seconds as you suggested. I think if someone misplaced a chest, it would be a hastle for them as well so I think that restricting playerrs (to those who didn't place the block) to not breaking it might be the best solution.

I think that your idea is definitely pretty straightforward and I definitely like where you're headed. I didn't really have much to say about it other than suggest another change I'd rather see but otherwise, it seems layed out pretty well. Perhaps some sort of longer cooldown to make it a bit more reasonable? 7 seems a little random so maybe 10 seconds would be better just to maximize benefits of the person crafting. [​IMG]

Posted Aug 31, 2019
  9. Hey!
    Although I'm not a huge player in the bridges scene, the few times that I do play, it can be frustrating when this happens. I understand where you're coming from as well. Taking someone's crafting table, especially when they are about to craft can make all the difference in a game like bridges.

Overall, I like where you're heading with this idea. I don't think that crafting tables should break in bridges like they do in vanilla Minecraft. Bridges is a game of strategy, and I definitely feel that defending your table shouldn't be apart of it. I agree with @Tweatzy, I would like it if crafting tables were made to be unbreakable, like furnaces currently are. If this can't be done, then I agree that a cooldown between 5 - 7 seconds should be added.

To summarize, I like this idea. I believe that crafting tables should be made invincible, however if this is not possible, I believe 7 seconds would be a reasonable cooldown. +1 from me!

Posted Aug 31, 2019
  10. I see your thought behind your ideaThe only issue with this idea is people can abuse this by making it harder for people to accessing certain areas by putting up crafting table walls and trapping people.

Posted Sep 13, 2019
    Zapix likes this.
  11. Hey!

I apologize for the late reply.

Unfortunately, it has been denied with the following reasoning:
    • The best way to solve this issue is with by making crafting tables into protected blocks just like furnaces are. Increasing the amount of time it takes for a teammate to break crafting tables is not solving the problem in any way and is unnecessary.
    Given this, I will be marking this thread as Not Planned as well as locking it.

Thanks for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned - Denied By GI

Posted Oct 26, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.