• 224 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2803 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mineplex should put Gladiators as a separate game

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by pqperz, Nov 10, 2019.

Tags:
?

Should Mineplex bring back Gladiators?

1. Yes,

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No, won't have enough players

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Mineplex is a wonderful server filled with many great games. However, it has come to me that Gladiators, a very fun but overall declining game has been put into lobbies and in Nano/Mixed Arcade games. While it is good that a declining game like Gladiators has been removed, I think it is best for the staff to put a PVP action-packed game like Gladiators back.

Gladiators have been a great game that past couple of years that it has been implemented, but other games such as Cake Wars have taken its place. While it was a good decision initially, as it was losing players in that game, a PVP styled game like Gladiators or a completely new PVP styled game should be brought back to bring back players from the PVP community back into Mineplex. This will be very hard, and I understand that, but it sucks that a good game like Gladiators is in a weird position that it is in, and should deserve more attention, and ultimately, be brought in as a game completely separate from any other game.

Too bad that Mineplex has declined to this amount, and while it sucks, games like Gladiators should be brought into Mineplex to hopefully influence a new flock of players back into Mineplex. While this is very rare and almost stupid, it is worth a shot.

Anyways, Gladiators should definitely not be a lobby game or a game into the Mixed Arcade or Nano Games lobby.

What do you think? Do you think that it is not worth it bringing back a game like Gladiators, or is it worth a shot to bring it back?

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    Jocoe, GAM and AceSJus like this.
  2. Thread Moved to General Idea Discussion

I feel the same argument can be made for many other Arcade games. Alongside Gladiators, there are a handful of games under the same category that almost always has zero players on and only bringing back the NPC of this specific game would be a very odd decision. However, you stated that a fun game packed with PvP would be ideal to bring back. There are already many games that require action and fighting, such as Cake Wars, Skywars, SSM, and many more. Thus, I do not think these reasons alone are enough to warrant only bringing back the Gladiators minigame NPC, and it would probably make more sense to have all of the Arcade games available in Mixed Arcade rotations. As much as I love Gladiators (and many other unpopular Arcade games for that matter), I believe it would be a pretty unusual decision to add it over others.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  3. I definitely love Gladiators as a game, but I'm not sure how I feel about this idea. First of all, I want to add that while Gladiators does fall under Mixed Arcade, you are still able to queue for it separately as it is. Therefore, I don't really see the need to make it a "separate game", as it can already be played as such.

Additionally, I unfortunately don't think that Gladiators currently has enough dedicated players to take it out of Mixed Arcade and make it a standalone game. While giving it its own NPC and item in the compass (outside of the Mixed Arcade menu) might temporarily give it more attention, I don't believe that it would be enough to revive it as a popular game. If there was enough players wanting to play it, they could simply play it by queuing for it through the Mixed Arcade menu.

Furthermore, besides being available through the Mixed Arcade menu, version of the game are also available in the Mixed Arcade rotation, in Nano Games, and in each lobby.

All in all, I simply don't feel as though Gladiators would currently do well as a standalone game, largely due to the lack of players currently playing it in Mixed Arcade. While I do wish it attracted more players because I really enjoy playing it, there are a number of ways we can still play it.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
    nolawn, GAM, Wrappingz and 1 other person like this.
  4. Wait. Is this java or bedrock? I think both versions have gladiators. Anyways I don’t personally play the straight up pvp games I only play SSM, cake wars and skywars so I can’t help you that much but I’ll give this idea a +1

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  5. Heyo!

I don't see this being that useful, seeing as there are still a few ways to play Gladiators (such as MPS, MCS, MIN, NANO, and the lobby). While these ways may not be the best, I don't think bringing back its own portal would be the best idea. When the game still had its own portal, its player count was not doing that good already. Like Ace said, why should this come back over other requested MIN games? One of the downsides to the lobby is no rewards, but either way it is still helping with PvP skills, which is the main point of gladiators. Being that there is multiple ways to already play gladiators without having a portal return, I'm going to leave this at a -1 for now. Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  6. hihi

While, yes, I do enjoy playing Gladiators, both in the Lobby and NANO, I personally do not see this as being a good idea. I simply do not see there being enough people for us to justify bringing it back full-time. While the game can currently be queued for independently, meaning you are able to play it separately, I still enjoy it in NANO since it is, generally, a pretty fast game that fits more with NANO than Mixed Arcade.

While one could simply argue that in order for the game to get more players, we would just need to give it an NPC in the lobby, that really would not work. Take a look at Halloween Havoc and Area 51 Raid. Yes, at the beginning of the time when they were introduced, they were popular. However, towards the end (which was only a few weeks) the player count was dropping and increasing in ones like Cake Wars since people were getting bored of it and did not want to continue. I see a similar situation arising if this were to happen with Gladiators. It is still playable, if you want to, as long as you are able to fill a game. If not, there is always NANO, MPSs, and the Lobby.

In the end, I don't see it being a positive thing that would happen, since the game would most likely have its time to shine and then die down soon after, which is not fun for anyone involved.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  7. As much as I would like to see it added on its on, I just don't know If see this working out. If gladiators were to be brought back, it would have to change a lot. I think gladiators has so much potential to grow into a better game in which the PvP community can enjoy. However I'm not completely opposed to the NPC and portal returning. I often see players asking where gladiators is, and it wouldn't be fair to think that it could completely flop.

Will implementing/adding this work? Maybe, but it's probably unlikely. I'm more so neutral on this. Thanks for your idea.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  8. I don't think it should be back I mean it's in nano already and in lobby we don't need 3 gladiator gamemodes so -1

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  9. A lot of people don't know this, but you can actually use /server GLD-1 and you are able to play the original Gladiators gamemode. You may have to tell people in places like Lobby-1 though, as it is unheard of by most of the community.

Thanks for reading this!
    _NoHaxJustCats_

Posted Nov 11, 2019
    ItzBunniYT likes this.
  10. Top 10 Mineplex Easter eggs!

Posted Nov 11, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  11. Not really? It's just a game in Arcade. There already are 3 Gladiators style games on the server, it's just that one of them is dead.

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  12. Hi!

You can play Gladiators in Mixed Arcade and Nano Games, and lobby. Yes, for nano games, the game rotation might take a long time and you go through many games to get to that game. In Mixed Arcade, you can just access it by going into the NPC and find Gladiators. But, the downfall is that Gladiators has been losing people playing it. If there was many players constantly everyday playing Gladiators, then Gladiators might have a chance of returning as it's own game. For now, I don't see this necessary.

Have a good day/night!

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  13. Hey!

I can see where you are coming from with this, but I'll have to disagree. As many have mentioned above, Gladiators doesn't have many dedicated players, and it wouldn't be big enough to make a separate game from the player count. There are already some ways that you can play Gladiator in other games, and having it as an own game means that we'll need to remove it from the games where Gladiators already exist. Otherwise, it would be boring to have this game in so many different places.

Besides, we need a lobby game. People are staying in the lobbies because they want to play Gladiators, and removing this would decrease the number of players in the lobbies.

Overall, I don't think that this would work. Maybe if we had a huge amount of players in the game, but that's not the case at the moment. I'll give this a -1

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  14. We have other versions of glads there's no need to bring back the dead one. There's a reason it was removed. If mineplex were to bring back a game mode it would be because it was needed and would draw more people to mineplex. -1

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  15. Gladiators is the only game in lobbies available other than an underwhelming amount of parkour courses and implementing gladiators as a standalone game would take away from that. There have been other thoughts about implementing more games into the lobby but until one of these ideas are affirmitive and already developed removing gladiators from the mixed arcade section would prove tedious and do nothing for the server. The game is already in mixed arcade and doesn't have the player support to keep it as a permanently functioning gamemode. Gladiators doesn't offer much as an official gamemode either. It's straight player vs. player fighting. This is the primary reason I don't see gladiators being taken away from the lobby. Unique ideas are needed as new gamemodes, not repetitive games that already have their action as small fights that players go to in seeing who is better at fighting. Implementing gladiators as a standalone gamemode will take away from the server as a whole and I frankly don't think enough people would play it. -1.

(sorry for the formatting I'm on mobile)

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  16. Heyo!

Gladiators is a great game I totally agree. However, I really don't see it getting enough players. As you mentioned it's currently in Mixed Arcade, Nano and the lobbies and I believe it should stay there! The game is so much more suited as a rotational game and adding it back as its own game won't work as it won't have that as many people on. I'll be giving this a -1 as I don't see the game returning but thanks for suggesting!

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  17. Hey!
    Although I agree that Gladiators is a great game, I don't feel that Gladiators should be taken out of the Nano or Mixed Arcade rotation and become its own separate game.

In terms of lobby gladiators, I think that this was meant to be a replica of the original Mixed Arcade version of Gladiators, something to kill the time with, or casually challenge a friend. I really like this, as it also helps people warm up their PvP skills or just give them something to do while waiting in a queue.

I also feel the same way about Nano Gladiators. I think that this altered version of the original game suits it purpose very well in a Nano setting. A quick, PvP based game really fits with the speedy, strategy filled Nano Games.

However, I don't feel that Gladiators should be taken out of its Mixed Arcade rotation. I feel that Gladiators was made for Mixed Arcade, it's quick (but not as quick as Nano) and simple. I just don't feel that Gladiators as its own game would have enough for players to work towards, as there are no kits and therefore no real gameplay variations for players who've unlocked all the achievements.

Overall, I don't feel that Gladiators should be taken out of Mixed Arcade rotation and made to be a stand alone game as I don't feel that the game has enough gameplay variation for this to work as well as some other standalone games; -1 from me.

Posted Nov 12, 2019