• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3316 Players Online
  • 3316 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Staff Numbers Over Time

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Marzie, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Australians: I see nothing wrong

I partially agree with the points @gpsqueixo has put forth on this thread, it would be a good topic for discussion on a separate thread. All in all, I would consider the not-so-dire-yet staff numbers as good work from Recruitment since 2016 in keeping the applicants motivated. When you think about it, doing volunteer work for a Minecraft server isn't something to be very excited about, but it's still an experience that keeps attracting new people onto the team.

Posted Apr 24, 2021
    EpicEnderDragon1 likes this.
  2. Wait theres three owners? i thought there were only two on mineplex.com/staff theres only 2 owners.

Posted Apr 24, 2021
  3. One does not have a forum account here on the website, but they are still here

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 24, 2021
  4. As someone who has only been on the staff team for just under a year, I find it very interesting that once upon a time, 300 staff members were on the Mineplex server! Kinda crazy!

Posted Apr 25, 2021
  5. Hey!

This is really interesting, I don't know how you had the motivation to keep it up for this long but I'm glad you did. It is funny how there were hundreds more staff members back in the day but you were still less likely to encounter one (due to the higher player count), whereas in 2021 we have less staff members yet you're generally more likely to run into one (outside of lobbies, of course). Lower player count means fewer game servers running. That ties in with @gpsqueixo 's point about the ratio of staff : players nowadays.

Thanks for your continued work on this over the years and for sharing with us, it's a very insightful resource!

Posted Apr 25, 2021
    Thenorn likes this.
  6. I'd have to admit, this is a well done job and I'm certain it took a lot of time and dedication into creating this document. Definitely interesting to read over and see actual numbers of the staff team. I was staff during the 2014-2016 era and the staff team was essentially at its peak in terms of the sheer amount of staff members on the team. There were Helper/Trainee batches of 40+ members from what I remember (throwback to acceptance parties on Teamspeak and how enjoyable it was to be a part of those lol.) The amount of staff members has decreased over time for sure, but hopefully one day, we can see those numbers rise again.

As a member of the community, I encourage you to keep up the good work on this document!

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  7. I remember when I was on the team back in 2016 for the first time and the numbers of Mineplex overall were huge compared to now. Sad to see but it's always nice to see that the staff team has stayed relatively consistent over time in numbers with small fluctuations for various reasons.

Excited to see what the future holds for us at Mineplex and where we'll go.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
    Thenorn likes this.