• 2066 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4645 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Statistics: Player Count

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Snowing_, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Hello Mineplexians! Today I have decided to create this interesting statistical track record of Mineplex's daily Player Count! I thought it would be interesting to see the trend of the player count, and see how it progresses. The document below provides the daily highest amount of players, and the daily lowest amount of players. Any number in the brackets (like this) beside it will show the growth/difference from the day before; for both day and night! This document will be updated daily, and you can check back anytime to see the statistics for the days recorded and other interesting ones that will be listed below! [​IMG]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qPjrtQWwdSSLOAY0dzRJGWs1rPojHQ3Bp2vpdZwJ33M

Other Statistics:

Highest Player count in January: 4394
    Average Player count in January: 2039
    Lowest Player count in January: 188
    Greatest growth/difference change in one day in January: +2616

Average Day of the week with highest Player count: SoonTM
    Average Day of the week with lowest Player count: SoonTM

Average Peak Player count hour: 1:00pm or 2:00pm PST
    Average lowest Player count hour: 3:00am PST

Highest Player count in 2020: SoonTM!
    Average Player count in 2020: SoonTM!
    Lowest Player count in 2020: SoonTM!

Posted Jan 3, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 6, 2020
    Paiynz, GAM, SpitefulNick and 11 others like this.
  2. This is a pretty cool thread. Not much to say about it but I am exited to see what it becomes in the future and to see if we can see patterns in which players join the most and the least. Great job!

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    Snowing_ likes this.
  3. That's so cool and interesting! I can't wait to see the final results.

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    Snowing_ likes this.
  4. I have also done another similar thread here. This document will probably something I check every now and then if I am bored. Going back to my thread, the best times to record the highest player count is during the afternoon on weekends or evenings on weekdays. To get the lowest player count, it is probably best to get some Europeans or Australians to reveal unless you are staying up past 3am.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    Snowing_ likes this.
  5. I actually thought of this when I decided to make this, because I remembered seeing yours and thought that it was pretty interesting. So, I decided to make another version of it that shows the high and low player count for everyday. So I guess in a way, thank you for the idea! uwu

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 4, 2020
    Xukuwu and _Prof_ like this.
  6. Hey!

This is a super cool idea, and I'm very excited to see how it progresses as the year goes on. It's great to see that the first couple of days are showing some growth in players, even if it's by a couple of players or by 50, it still is growth! Thank you very much for making this statistics document and thread to example everything, I'll definitely be checking it out often to see how it changes throughout January! Keep up the great work and have fun gathering the stats for this :D

Posted Jan 4, 2020
    Animalll and Snowing_ like this.
  7. Hey!
    I really like this. I think it will be really cool to see what specific months people are on the most, which will most likely be summer. But it will also be cool to see the jump in players from the school season into Summer. I also think it could be very beneficial for the community to see so they can really see if the servers player base is declining, rising, or staying the same. Awesome work and I can't wait to continue to look at this document throughout the year!

Posted Jan 4, 2020
    Snowing_ and _Prof_ like this.
  8. 300 worst I've seen and it was during the holidays ;)

Posted Jan 5, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  9. It's been declining since 2015-16

Posted Jan 5, 2020
    coolstick likes this.
  10. I love the statistics you have, Snowing! This will keep track of all players who were on the server daily. Although, I remember we used to have at least 40k players way back in 2015. There were a lot of players online, and I will never forget one of the accomplishments we have. The most statistics we had last year was the summer of 2019. Players were off from school, and they end up playing our games.

I wonder what’s the next higher statistics of players going to be in the next few months?

Posted Jan 6, 2020
    GAM and _Prof_ like this.
  11. Heyo!

This is a really cool idea, it is definitely interesting to see the number of players on the server per day. If you decide to continue doing this for months to come it will be super interesting to see what days and months have the most and least amount of players on. As a few have said above it will be interesting to see the difference in the player base at the start of the year towards the end and same with holidays. Anyways, this is a really neat idea and I hope you continue to do this for the rest of the year!

Posted Jan 6, 2020
    GAM and Snowing_ like this.
  12. I certainly think this is interesting. I think that statistics actually show a lot about how changes affect things. I think where this really proves is the difference between things like weekdays, I mean, obviously, weekends have more player counts but what about Mondays and Wednesdays? Is there a trend for different types of updates? I think collecting this data is valuable and just generally a good thing for us as a community, thank you for doing this! :)​

Posted Jan 6, 2020
  13. It's awesome to see more people tracking stats on the server! I've been doing this manually with experience/new Level 100s for over a year now, and it's felt a little lonely. Another thing you could probably do if you're willing to (doesn't really matter since you're MTT, but to anybody reading this:) is do something similar to what Pabulous used to do around 3 years ago, where new maps would go live and he'd rate them and give them ideas as to how they could potentially be improved as well as more information regarding maps on the server as a whole. A lot of that information is already being officially tracked (here), but it would still be cool to see. Like I said, keep it up and I hope more people decide to dive into the world that is Mineplex stats :^)

Posted Jan 6, 2020
  14. Interesting idea.

Posted Jan 6, 2020
    Snowing_ likes this.
  15. Cool idea! It's interesting to see how the server progresses or declines as the months pass. So far, it's looking good. That said, it was just winter break. I'm excited to see how this thread progresses and the trends in player count. Nice Work!

Posted Jan 6, 2020
    Snowing_ likes this.
  16. This is a great idea!

Posted Jan 9, 2020
  17. peak of approx 2500...damn we really fell off huh

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  18. those are some rough statistics ... yikes

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    coolstick likes this.
  19. These statistics are pretty cool! I like numbers in general and always appreciate when people do things like this.

One feedback I have is I think that you should do it weekly instead of daily because with daily, it kind of is up to chance what the highest and lowest player count is on that given day whereas with weekly there are more data points and is a more big picture view which is what we're looking for here. Keep on working on it, it would be nice to see some graphs too so that it's visual as well.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  20. Heyo!

This is so cool! I love to see how Mineplex grows in players or how some days it decreases. I know it must take a lot of work for this but we really appreciate it!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Jan 12, 2020