• 961 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7442 Players Online
  • 6481 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Trivia

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by 13Firebolt, May 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. A trivia game about Minecraft or Mineplex's history for the longtime players of this amazing game.

Posted May 7, 2021
    BlondieBrook likes this.
  2. I don't think this would be a good game to add. After a while the questions would get repetitive and people could easily memorize them. I also don't see a game that needs you to answer questions good for Mineplex, as Mineplex is more competitive. So -1.

Posted May 8, 2021
  3. I honestly think that this could be a fun game for an event, using a custom map, but I do not think that it is necessary for an actual gamemode. That is just my 2c about it.

People could memorize answers, not everyone would know a lot if it, etc. Could be a fun X year anniversary of Mineplex event.

Posted May 8, 2021
    90k, BlondieBrook, Amg and 1 other person like this.
  4. I wouldn't mind seeing a game like this at an event, like said above, however as an actual game I disagree with this idea as a whole. You said it yourself in the description - a game for longtime players. It's a fun idea in theory, but the reality is, not everyone is a longtime player. Players who are new to the server are going to have a hard time with this type of game, and that would result in it not being well-liked. I would say if something like this were added, it would be removed in a relatively short period of time due to unpopularity.

As an event game, though, this could be something really fun. I just don't see it doing well as an actual game, even as a Nano game.

Posted May 10, 2021
  5. It could just be random trivia, and then all of the useless information in my brain would actually be useful.

Posted May 10, 2021
  6. I actually like this idea a lot.
    Despite the fact that I recently started playing on the server, I would love to learn as much as possible about its history and everything else related to it.
    I am really enjoying being a part of the community and I consider this game to be a great way to learn new facts about the server that I might not be aware of and improve my overall knowledge about Mineplex.
    However, as people have suggested above, I think that these facts and questions would be limited and after a while people would learn all of the answers and the point of the game would be ruined.
    It might be unfair towards the newer players such as myself, though I would honestly love to play it either way because it would help me learn more things about the server.
    Making it an event game sounds like a great idea and I completely agree with that suggestion.
    Awesome idea, thank you!

Posted May 11, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  7. Hi! First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to make this thread and suggest this idea! This is certainly an interesting concept that would be cool to see, but I'm personally not sure if I would like to see this as an official game mode. As suggested by others above, I think this would be a neat idea for an Event to see who knows about the Network the most, but I feel that Umbreon pointed out the obvious flaws with this becoming a game mode.

Not every player is a longtime player, and not every player is a consistent longtime player. What I mean by the last sentence is, there could be longtime players who have taken breaks between the years, which hinders their knowledge of old history on Mineplex. In other words, longtime players who may take a break on the server for an extended period of time may not know what changed in the time they were gone. I feel that that characteristic can apply to a lot of longtime players just returning to the server. (I know it did for me when I returned last year.) - With that being said, I know the intent of this game could be to educate players of Mineplex's History, but for it to actually be enjoyable, I personally feel that everyone would have to be included/entertained. Newer players would be at a serious disadvantage with being new to the Network, and longtime players who are just returning to the Network would be as well. I'd have to agree with the conclusion that Umbreon included in her response - With the difficulties that newer/returning players may experience in this Mineplex trivia based game mode, I personally feel that it would be not well-liked. I unfortunately disagree with this idea in terms of it becoming its own game mode, but I again wouldn't mind seeing it as an Event. I feel that the winner of the Event could possibly receive a unique title that showcases their extensive knowledge of the Network. Something like the current Mineplex Mastery title - Maybe something like "Mineplex Mastermind." Anyway, I do appreciate this unique idea suggestion, however I just unfortunately wouldn't see it working out.

Posted May 12, 2021