• 1338 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9776 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Mineplex YouTube

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Ryan14VT, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Hello everybody,
    You guys may have seen me around the community, I like to upload staff interviews on the mineplex server. Recently I have been trying to look for other YouTube channel’s, and maybe find a popular channel who uploads on mineplex. Then I remembered how mineplex used to upload awesome mini games with different YouTubers on to the official Mineplex YouTube channel! They haven’t posted now in over 6 months, and it’s been sense 2017 where they uploaded a mini game video. I think with the 213,000 subscribers they have they could really get some good views which would bring in more money, more players, and I believe people would love to watch some high quality mini games on the network! Have a good day guys, and thanks for listening to my idea!
    -Ryan

Posted Jul 22, 2019
    doeo, Minetoggler, canqda and 4 others like this.
  2. Hey!

I actually remember back when Mineplex uploaded community-created videos. I think it's a great idea and wouldn't only benefit the server itself, but smaller content-creators and allow them to gain some more exposure. I honestly miss the days when this was still around and I feel like bringing it back wouldn't be something that's too far-fetched. Players would be able to submit their own videos and the staff could review each video to come to a final decision on whether it's uploaded or not.

Hope to see this channel's return! +1

Posted Jul 22, 2019
    Ryan14VT likes this.
  3. Hey Ryan, I'm a mineplex youtuber. NextStarFish on YT. I also have a competitive league for mini games!

Posted Jul 22, 2019
    Ryan14VT likes this.
  4. This is an amazing idea, Ryan! We have the necessary resources to produce quality videos, and an eager audience that is willing to watch our content, so why not? I think that posting more content about the server, in general, could lead to better media exposure in the long run as mentioned. It's a good way to show players the progress that the server has made, and maybe also give insight into some of the new things to come if Mineplex wants to maybe use YouTube as a platform for informing its player base of ongoing work.
    Community submitted content, as @Citrin mentioned, used to be a big part of that channel as well, and I think that it helps in giving a voice to players, or just showing players what the server is like from a raw, unscathed standpoint.
    Who knows, maybe we could even see some Ryan14VT videos up there one day :D

Posted Jul 22, 2019
    Ryan14VT, maxxx and ATruePitato like this.
  5. Heyo!

I personally remember the days when Mineplex used to upload quality videos of MP YouTubers playing among themselves. Honestly, I completely loved watching these videos and I wouldn't mind at all seeing them return. However, it may be quite difficult because there aren't that many YouTubers on Mineplex currently. Regardless, I'm sure it'll work eventually however videos will not be as consistent like they were a year ago.

I definitely know that YouTubers will definitely appreciate this because it's benefiting both Mineplex and their channel. Also, I feel as if a lot of players will appreciate this and I'm certain the Mineplex channel may vary 10k-15k per video which I genuinely believe is not awful.

Overall, I really like this idea and I hope to see more future videos from Mineplex! +1 from me.

Posted Jul 22, 2019
    Ryan14VT and wOeuf // xOeuf like this.
  6. Three years ago, I remember they used to upload tons of videos. I remember watching the Mineplex Thanksgiving Appreciation: Minecon 2016 Highlight Vlog! This channel hasn't been uploaded for a while, and I'd love to see this channel making a full come back. Honestly, I love watching Mineplex videos so much. It's sad that there was no video in the past few months.

Overall, I'm looking forward to this YouTube channel comes back in the future! +1

Posted Jul 22, 2019
    Ryan14VT likes this.
  7. Heyoo!

As much as I want to see videos from the channel, I don’t think it’s the right time yet; my reasonings are simple, if a new player discovers Mineplex right now would the player enjoy it? Yes possibly. Would the player enjoy it more if the player discovered the server 3 years ago, there would be more excitement and the player would probably stay for long playing on the server. I know my example isn’t the best I can give, but my point is simple, I think that we need to fix issues on the server such as the Anticheat which is being worked on by a talented developer and lack of staff members especially on the EU. A player joining the European server would probably not enjoy playing on Mineplex as much playing on the US servers of Mineplex.

In conclusion, the YouTube channel is a possible key to popularise the server and should be used in the right time and in my opinion it shouldn’t be used yet.

Posted Jul 22, 2019
  8. Hello!
    I like this idea and it seems good to add back because with a lot of subscribers you can add a lot more players on Mineplex, you can post games there and possibly sneak peaks of new maps/games or tutorials on how some games work to help players, I think that if the Mineplex youtube channel was more active it could bring a lot more players to come onto Mineplex and play!

Posted Jul 23, 2019
    Ryan14VT and wOeuf // xOeuf like this.
  9. In my opinion, I think this would be a great idea! It would help smaller youtubers and it would bring back some good content to watch on youtube +1 for you :)

Posted Jul 23, 2019
    Ryan14VT likes this.
  10. Hello!

I actually agree with you that we need to get back uploading mini-games videos on Mineplex Games channel. I just remember an old 2016-2017 time when I was liked to watch these videos and always when new video out I wanted to see it asap. I so missed new maps trailers which we had there. They was so great.

It's up to our Social Media team and I believe that they will happy to do that again. It will really help server a lot and will bring new and maybe old players back to the network. Also, it will show the server with the most positive side for the viewers on YouTube.

The only problem which may occur that not a lot of content creators want to create videos for Mineplex and it's rather sad. We may try to ask our CCC subteam and probably they can try to provide content creators for that channel.

Overall, I'll give a big +1 to this idea!

Posted Jul 23, 2019
    Ryan14VT likes this.
  11. I was actually looking over the old videos a couple of days ago, and that brought back a ton of memories! We all know that minecraft is increasing in popularity due to the summer break, or that there is being a lot more exposure through YouTube. This will definitely boost the server’s popularity. I’m sure they’d be able to sort out who should/shouldn’t upload on the channel. As long as the content creators bring quality videos, I’m sure it will be successful. This is something I really look forward to!

Posted Jul 23, 2019
    Ryan14VT likes this.
  12. There's been a lot of discussion about this recently and I do agree that mineplex should focus on their youtube channel more! There are some people who find minecraft servers through youtube, so if they uploaded consistently or here and there, surely more players would find their way to the server (Java or bedrock). Don't quote me on this, but I heard they are already looking into changes and how to better keep active on their channel and if this is true, I am very excited about it!

Posted Jul 25, 2019
  13. I replied to your DM but figured I'd post about it publicly so that everyone knows the response. The team is actually in the process of generating new content, don't have any specifics to reveal yet though. Will apply the processed tag since this is something we're doing already. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jul 25, 2019
    THELichCA, Joiined and wattywatty14 like this.