• 1828 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5868 Players Online
  • 4040 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mineplex: Zombie Warfare

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by NuzzyHere, Jun 7, 2019.

?

What do you feel about this game mode? (ONE TIME VOTE)

Poll closed Jul 7, 2019.
  1. It's a great idea and should be added!

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. It'll be hard to add, but I think it can be done. ^.^

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Meh...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It'll be very hard to add, and it'll be a bad fit for MP.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. It's a bad idea that wouldn't fit good with MP.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Okay, so I was trying my absolute best to think of a new game for the server, and my mind came to a sudden conclusion: Zombie Warfare.
    What if Zombie Warfare was like Call of Duty: Zombies, but just implemented into the Mineplex network, both Bedrock and Java.
    I do understand that it may be kind of difficult to add to the server, but it'll bring more players and greater excitement throughout the network & community.

===========================================================================================================================

How it'll work:
    So you spawn out in random locations in the arena, which is designed as an abandoned city, with a team-count of up to 15 or 20 players. You can get upgrades from the weapons you have selected from whatever kit you may have chosen, as this will be the first gamemode where you can upgrade kits (add a button under the kit selection to get a pop-up for upgrades).

Your weapon (kit) choices are a rifle (default), shotgun (4000 Gems), sniper (5000 Gems) and rocket launcher (Achievement Kit). Your default weapons in-game are three grenades, one healthpack and a smoke fuse (to receive help from other players). The grenades refill, giving you one every 30 seconds.

There should be three achievements to reach the special kit, the rocket launcher.
    Reviving 10+ players in one game.
    2. Killing 50+ zombies on one game.
    3. Killing 25+ zombies with the sniper at a distance of up to 25+ blocks.

The kit upgrades are the big part!

1. Rifle - Default = 4 hearts.
    A) Damage of up to 6 hearts.
    B) Damage of up to 8 hearts.

2. Shotgun - Default = 6 hearts.
    A) Damage of up to 8 hearts.
    B) Damage of up to 10 hearts.

3. Rocket Launcher - Default = 10 hearts.
    A) Damage of up to 12 hearts.
    B) Damage of up to 14 hearts.

As time passes, the game gets harder and harder, until it reaches a maximum of 18-20 zombies spawning every 6 seconds. Of course, the game will take a while to reach that limit, but that's what makes it so fun.

There should also be loot chests containing bullets refills, healthpacks, more smoke fuses, pistols, dual wielding pistols (Java, as an ultra rare item to get), chocolate (to give you speed boosts) and water (to rid of the rare poison effects from the zombies).

===========================================================================================================================

I do completely understand that this idea may be very hard to add to the servers, but I feel it'll be an opening to a new door of the server, since we don't really get many gamemode that often. And for this one to be so great, it'll really pull a ton of popularity towards the server and network.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
    Starx280, CupAWup and _Prof_ like this.
  2. Sounds like a fun game honestly and compared to most game modes on Mineplex and minigames in general, this would actually be one of the easiest to implement and maintain.

I +1 this.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    NuzzyHere likes this.
  3. Hey!

This sounds fantastic! I can already start to think of all fun I would have playing this, and how much fun it would be. Furthermore, if this were not to be added as a permanent game, I could totally see it as another Halloween game. I am definitely going to be rooting for something like this to make its way onto the server eventually! Great idea, and thank you for putting in all of the effort into this idea as well! :)

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    Starx280 and NuzzyHere like this.
  4. Hello!

I don't even have any words for this. This overall sounds like an amazing game idea! I am definitely hoping for another survival game like this to appear on the network! +1 from me!

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  5. This would be a great replacement to mob arena! +1 from me!

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  6. I remember bringing up adding Mob Arena to Java and this sounds like something I would really enjoy! I have always wanted to play this kind of game on Mineplex (apart from MineZ on another server). Zombies are very popular from movies, TV shows, and of course like you mentioned, CoD players, this game has the potential to attract those fan bases.

Something I would change is for the water to be milk instead. In Minecraft, milk distinguishes any effect a player has so it would make a lot more sense. Also, where are the upgrades for sniper kit, or are there none?

What I would add is one more achievement (minimum amount of achievements a game has with a kit for it is 4), upgrade costs, a sample map (does not have to be pretty), ammunition amounts for every weapon, and rate of fire.

+1 so far

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  7. Hi!

After reading your message, I think that adding Zombie Warfare into the game would be a great idea! I think it would bring a new type of game to Mineplex that would become super popular and create a whole community!

A few thoughts/aspects that could possibly be added:

-Multiple game modes as people can play with team and fight together

-Playing as duos where you have a partner and can possibly teleport to each other when they throw a smoke fuse, to help players in need

- Achievement kit should be harder to achieve, as the games have a lot of people and take a long time to complete and start up

-Have two different game types, one that requires 15-20 people, and one that requires 8-10 people for smaller games

Hopefully these suggestions can put some thoughts into your head about new aspects that can implemented into the game! Again, this is a really great start on Zombie Warfare and what it could become!

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    NuzzyHere and _Prof_ like this.
  8. I think that this should be considered, since my idea needs more attention from players who may in the future play it. Thank you for your feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2019
  9. Seems like a new mob arena/event game mode, and I like the sound of that. +1, I really like the idea, it is presented very nicely and seems like it should be added overall.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    NuzzyHere and _Prof_ like this.
  10. +1 though its similar to mob arena. Im still a little confused thogh on how the upgrades work though i read how the game works.

I have a kit idea called spider.

You have a spider egg to spawn a spider every 10 seconds to attack zombies. You can decide cost and upgrades.

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  11. You definitely have the beginnings of what could be a great and fun game. As a lot of people have been asking for Mob Arena on Java edition, I could see this being a preferable alternative (maybe even a better alternative). Though, I do have some things that might need addressing in regards to the idea, if you don't mind me giving my criticism.

1. Would the game require a resource pack? While offering a lot of possibilities not immediately available with the default texture pack, resource packs are often a hard sell to players; they're not exactly suited for minigames because of the tendency to crash while applying it. If the game doesn't require a resource pack, what vanilla items would represent the items you described (guns, ammunition, health pack, smoke fuse, grenades, etc.)?

It's worth noting that the Mine-Strike resource pack already has a lot of models that would be necessary here, so if the game does require one, it might be beneficial and easier to use the Mine-Strike one.

2. The kit details for the Sniper kit aren't described.

3. Though you mentioned the map layout is that of an abandoned city, what kind of shape are we looking at? A city grid? If so, are buildings just facades, or can players enter them? Do zombies spawn everywhere?

4. You mentioned that dual pistols would be available in loot chests. Does this mean the game will also be 1.9+? If so, again, that could be a -1 from the anti-1.9+ community that prefers 1.8 combat and refuses to switch over.

5. Regarding the enemies, what kinds are there? If there are just zombies (which is fine, don't get me wrong), will there be different varieties of zombies, like babies, zombie villagers, armored zombies, and jockeys? Will zombies be equipped with weapons and armor? You also mentioned that poison would be a rare effect from the zombies, so with that in mind, are there more effects that zombies would give, like nausea, blindness, or hunger?

6. How does assistance/revival work? Can health packs be used on other players? Does the smoke fuse just send a smoke beam to alert teammates you need help? Let's say a player "dies" (and thus needs to be revived)- must teammates revive that player within a certain amount of time, or else the player dies permanently?

7. Does the game end? If so, when?

8. What is the ammunition capacity of each of the weapons? Additionally, what are their fire rates, ranges, accuracy, and reload speeds? I imagine certain weapons would be more effective at different ranges. My suggestions for that are that the rifle deals moderate damage up close and from afar, the shotgun deals substantial damage up close but poor damage from afar, the sniper deals poor damage up close but substantial damage from afar, and that the rocket launcher deals substantial damage from afar (more than the sniper) but loses a lot of accuracy up close (this dealing substantially less damage).

9. How costly are the kit upgrades? And besides contributing to the achievement kit unlock, what rewards do the achievements give?

10. How much damage do grenades do? What is their throwing range and area-of-effect? Do they have proper physics (bouncing off walls and the ground at certain velocities/arced throwing and slowing down)? Do grenades deal damage to yourself and/or your teammates? Are there different kinds of throwable weapons, like Molotov ****tails or stun grenades?

~~~

That's about all I got as far as big things. The point of me asking them is to hopefully flesh out the idea a little bit more, and who knows? Maybe it'll have a better chance of being implemented? Nevertheless, solid idea. :potato:

Posted Jun 9, 2019
    ATruePitato and _Prof_ like this.
  12. Amazing idea a Player vs AI game. I'd like to see that. I don't think it should have a texture pack though. Honestly I feel the only game that needs it is MineStrike.

Posted Jun 9, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  13. No tbh I think it definitly should have a texture pack, otherwise the guns look stupid
    --- Post updated ---
    Okay so the idea is great, but I don't like the idea of having kits give you the guns, I like being able to be able to buy them around the map with ingame coins.... (like on CoD)

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  14. I overall think this would be a great addition to the Mineplex community!
    +1 from me!

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  15. Heyo!

Great idea here and I feel as if this would be an excellent addition as for a new Mineplex game so all of our Call of Duty fans who play zombie mode can enjoy. As a personal fan of Call of Duty who does play zombies, I can tell that this game will be perfect for players here at Mineplex. I got a few suggestions that might be able to improve this idea.

1. Add squads, duos, solo, and keep the original mode.

As for the real Call of Duty you can play as a team of four, two, or just simply play by yourself. I feel as if this would be a really good addition so players can either get more games done, play with friends, etc. Also, the original mode in your idea was 15-20 players which I would personally, call it, "Mega Zombie Warfare."

2. Add another weapon such as a knife.

I feel as if a knife would be really useful in situations where there aren't any chests with ammo around you and you don't have any ammunition left. Regardless, the knife would have to run out of durability, for example: 25-30 hits with a knife it'll break. You could obtain a knife through a chest, this will be very easy because the knife would be a common weapon.

Overall, good idea, +0.5 for this. @ClassN pretty much nailed all the questions I had for you, but keep up the great suggestions!

Posted Jun 9, 2019
    ClassN likes this.
  16. This is a really good idea! +1 it is similar to mob arena but it seems better.

Posted Jun 12, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.